BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Ok so hopefully there are more signings to come before Thursday or a few loans thereafter. 

Adam Armstrong: great a signing and obv a fan/ squad favourite but a luxury we didn’t necessarily need as a priority above more pressing areas??? I.e a holding striker to relieve Graham,  a natural winger, a hustler in midfield with legs even a left back.

Let’s see what happens over the next few days (&loans) but right now though pleased we’re spending money and keeping a happy squad together I’m not sure Armstrong is our priority. 

How do we play him/ make most of him. Two upfront -not likely? Winger-not his position. Impact sub- luxury. Legs for Graham/ maybe but not one to shore up game/ hold ball.

As I say happy to sign a fans favourite/ player with gd attitude but maybe we’d have been better paying more/ guarantee signings elsewhere. 

An astute signing or a panic/ guaranteed signing to please fans??

underwhelmed but happy.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Have to completely disagree.

Hes no world beater but I still maintain that if we’d have had Smallwood in the centre of the park instead of Lowe, we wouldn’t have gone down.

We'd have got into playoffs that one season we missed out. 

I work with a Celtic fan, he laughed at me when I mentioned that we were linked with him today, saying he’d never join Blackburn over Celtic - would love to see his face if it did happen.

Edited by Tormund
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

McGinn would be a quality signing but id imagine If Celtic up their bid he will be going there.

At least if the link is true it suggests we have a few bob left to spend 

Celtic have been bidding for about a month and are still haggling over about £2 Million (which to a club like Celtic isn't a lot) & I'm Hibs would much rather sell to an English team. Personally if I was Celtic I would be focusing on buying a centre back as failing to buy one may well cost them a Champions League group stage.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

This is still live after Bauer coming out today saying he was not offered a new contract and will not sign an extension to his current one.

The good side to this is they might accept a lesser offer now knowing he wants to leave. The down side is do we want a player coming here who has basically come out on social media and said he wants a move? Weird one.

24 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

Ok so hopefully there are more signings to come before Thursday or a few loans thereafter. 

Adam Armstrong: great a signing and obv a fan/ squad favourite but a luxury we didn’t necessarily need as a priority above more pressing areas??? I.e a holding striker to relieve Graham,  a natural winger, a hustler in midfield with legs even a left back.

Let’s see what happens over the next few days (&loans) but right now though pleased we’re spending money and keeping a happy squad together I’m not sure Armstrong is our priority. 

How do we play him/ make most of him. Two upfront -not likely? Winger-not his position. Impact sub- luxury. Legs for Graham/ maybe but not one to shore up game/ hold ball.

As I say happy to sign a fans favourite/ player with gd attitude but maybe we’d have been better paying more/ guarantee signings elsewhere. 

An astute signing or a panic/ guaranteed signing to please fans??

underwhelmed but happy.

None of the systems we played last year used “wingers” in the traditional sense. The trend is towards wide forwards/strikers a la Sterling, Sane or Salah... and that is what we seem to be doing with Palmer/Armstrong, and I believe Rothwell can play there too.

Wouldn’t mind another in of this ilk, but the priority for me is another centre forward for them to play off.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

None of the systems we played last year used “wingers” in the traditional sense. The trend is towards wide forwards/strikers a la Sterling, Sane or Salah... and that is what we seems to be doing with Palmer/Armstrong, believe Rothwell can play there too.

Wouldn’t mind another in if this ilk, but the priority for me is another centre forward for them to play off.

Ball winning midfielder for me and holding aerial threat striker. Evident against Ipswich we lacked bite in midfield 

Edited by markhayhurst
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tormund said:

I work with a Celtic fan, he laughed at me when I mentioned that we were linked with him today, saying he’d never join Blackburn over Celtic - would love to see his face if it did happen.

Of course Celtic are a big club. Unfortunately the premiership do not buy regularly from the spl. Statiscally the premiership feels more comfortable  buying from efl clubs than the spl. If you are a player who wants to reach the money tree of the premiership you have a better chance from the efl.

However if premiership football and wages is McGinns aim he’s probably better going anywhere in Europe or further and making his name sound a little more continental. Then Bingo he’s in.

1 minute ago, Boroblue said:

Of course Celtic are a big club. Unfortunately the premiership do not buy regularly from the spl. Statiscally the premiership feels more comfortable  buying from efl clubs than the spl. If you are a player who wants to reach the money tree of the premiership you have a better chance from the efl.

However if premiership football and wages is McGinns aim he’s probably better going anywhere in Europe or further and making his name sound a little more continental. Then Bingo he’s in.

Or go to Brighton..

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think we will sign Bauer and Gallagher by Thursday. Not sure we sign McGinn. For that to happen that would mean Whittingham and possibly Evans going IMO. 

I agree on the point about McGinn. No way we’ll have 7 central mids on the books. 

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Or go to Brighton..

I don't think that would be a good move for him personally,he is a talent but would he go to Brighton and start for them?I don't know if he would to be honest,certainly not straight away. 

If Celtic come up with the money then I think that's where he will end up.But as others have stated they have been faffing about putting in unacceptable bids so we could be in with a chance of getting him