BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Im at work. Not seen the game at all. 

Not seen Nixon tweet

But you said you'd "seen some stuff on Twitter" fair enough then pal.. Got to give your imaginary mate a lot of credit, that is a great spot. We should sign him to play in centre midfield with vision like that.

• Like 4

HI all. First time post but I have frequented this site every 10 mins or so far the last decade. 

Anyway, I agree we need more quality in centre midfield. I love Smallwood because of his attitude and work ethic but he should not be a starter in this league. We need to upgrade. I was gutted when we let Speedie go as part of the Shearer deal but look how that turned out. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Haven't you ever gone to a game equipped with binoculars, swotted up on what potential signings from other clubs' youth teams look like, and painstakingly perused everyone in the director's box? For shame.

What do you do at games? Watch the football or something? With your own bare eyes?

And after spotting said player you text your mate during the game to let him know about tonight's great spot. Binoclaurs are a must on away days, at Wigan away last season I spotted Waggott and Suhail smash a mixed kebab each in the directors box quicker than Usain Bolt in Beijing. 

2 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

HI all. First time post but I have frequented this site every 10 mins or so far the last decade. 

Anyway, I agree we need more quality in centre midfield. I love Smallwood because of his attitude and work ethic but he should not be a starter in this league. We need to upgrade. I was gutted when we let Speedie go as part of the Shearer deal but look how that turned out. 

Fair point and welcome aboard.

I’d be happy with deadline day deals for McGinn, Oviedo and pitman 

we could then play

Raya

nyambe. Mulgrew  lenihan. Oviedo

Davenport

bennet.                         Mcginn

Dack

Graham  Armstrong 

Strong team there

33 minutes ago, Butty said:

You mean you saw Nixon tweet that Nmecha was sat in the Villa side of the Directors box. I doubt your "villa supporting mate" would be able to identify a player in the directors box all the way from the away end :lol:

????? chaddy chaddy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CD_93 said:

Sounds like Maddison's attitude stinks according to some Peterborough fans. TM won't be interested if there's truth in that.

Spoke to a work colleague who's a season ticket holder at Peterborough and knows his football. Said we'd be daft to sign Maddison. Not our type. Goes to ground too easily, play acts and thinks he's a whole lot better than he is. He reckons his career is going nowhere. He said the Blackburn fans will not take to him at all.

30 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’d be happy with deadline day deals for McGinn, Oviedo and pitman 

we could then play

Raya

nyambe. Mulgrew  lenihan. Oviedo

Davenport

bennet.                         Mcginn

Dack

Graham  Armstrong 

Strong team there

We aren't signing a third left back to supplant an ever-present from last season and a guy we spent half a million on to compete with him 8 months ago. You might as well not think about that, it absolutely won't happen whether you think it should or not.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, J*B said:

According to Twitter, Leeds, Reading and West Brom are all talking to Peterborough about Maddison. 

Who is this Twitter you talk of - he seems very popular ?

4 hours ago, Tormund said:

I work with a Celtic fan, he laughed at me when I mentioned that we were linked with him today, saying he’d never join Blackburn over Celtic - would love to see his face if it did happen.

Over 58000 fans watched Celtic last weekend, that has to be a pull for any young player. We'll get what,12000?

Off the track I know but the attendances in the Championship were in the stratosphere for the opening games. There does seem to be a bigger buzz abut the Championship these days.

Might revise my first sentence!

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Atkins had that knack of being in the right place at the right time. Like a Frank Lampard in a parallel universe.  Luck beats technical abiliy.

Atkins grew as we moved up. Absolutely terrific player with plenty of technique. We regressed when Batty, an England international, came back.

• Backroom
40 minutes ago, Grez said:

Who is this Twitter you talk of - he seems very popular ?

He's fucking horrible. If you comment, it's like opening a door to a room where everyone tells you how shit you are.

• Like 1

I think having one of Smallwood or Evans in the midfield is fine, and I'd take Evans over Smallwood, particularly when he's on his game (which can be frustratingly rare), but both of them isn't exactly an inspiring midfield pairing. Hence, I like the sounds of this McGinn link, even if it does sound a bit fanciful... Otherwise, let's hope Rothwell or Davenport turn into a dependable creative midfielder (or maybe even a Whittingham resurgence... fat chance, I know).

Given his inconsistency, it'd probably be nice to get Evans' wages off the books, but he's certainly not a sunk cost and more than worthy as a squad player at least for the last year of his contract. Happy to have Smallwood around in at least a depth role too. (And Travis can nip at their heels if he's not loaned out!)

Here's hoping we at least manage to loan out Caddis and Gladwin, plus Tomlinson as he's probably too far down the depth chart.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Butty said:

But you said you'd "seen some stuff on Twitter" fair enough then pal.. Got to give your imaginary mate a lot of credit, that is a great spot. We should sign him to play in centre midfield with vision like that.

He text me after the game. 

Either he seen him with Villa officials entering the ground or leaving the ground or seen tweets.