BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Interesting quote from Sharpe. While McGinn is probably a pipe dream there is obviously money as Sharpe reckons the 3 mill fee  isn't an issue. 

Rovers would need to likely splash out in the region of £3m to land the 23-year-old, also in the final year of his contract, but they do have the money to spend.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good article. My priorities would be:

1. Striker. Back up to DG who can receive and hold the ball and head it! I think we will loan from PL.

2. CB. I think we will buy Bauer this week after Dauchebag the Charlton owner comes to his senses.

3. Pacy winger. I doubt TM is that concerned now we have Palmer and Armstrong. 

4. The Hibs lad would be fantastic but I think Armstrong is our marquee signing this window.  Interesting that the article says we have the funds to buy.

If we get 1 and 2 then I will not complain although we still lack real creativity in midfield. OK a backup experienced keeper would be nice to have too in place of the Swiss Canadian that I can't spell. 

I hope no late offers come in for Dack who appeared non to pleased by his quite mental substitution v Ipswich which imo cost us 2 points. 

• Like 1

The way I see our current "links"

Bauer - 40/60 chance, reading all the comments by everyone involved, I can see Charlton trying to make a point over this one and keeping him, maybe one to watch in Jan.

McGinn - Absolutely no chance, complete non starter.

Chapman -  I think Boro have sold Traore this week, so I think he will get a chance there now, disappointing as he has obvious potential, judging by Mowbrays comments it sounds like we could have had him for relative peanuts early on in the window, I think we should have maybe taken a gamble with him.

Gallagher - Has he ever been linked properly or is he another message board one like Maddison?

I think we'll see two more come in before Thursday, and I'd bet it is players that we have never been linked with.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He text me after the game. 

Either he seen him with Villa officials entering the ground or leaving the ground or seen tweets. 

But you you said he was ‘in the villa side of the directors box’ not he saw him entering or leaving

Alan Nixon said:

Lukas Nmecha. In the Villa side of the directors box tonight. The plot thickens.

The turn of phrase ‘in the xxx side of the directors box’ isn’t one I often hear as they aren’t split into sides are they, why pretend the info came from elsewhere when it’s blatant you just read it on Nickos twitter? 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, 47er said:

Atkins grew as we moved up. Absolutely terrific player with plenty of technique. We regressed when Batty, an England international, came back.

Atkins was ok , great trier. Let's have it right though, he wasn't in anything like Batty's class. We regressed for all sorts of reasons but Batty wasn't one of them.

• Like 1

Think the Bauer thing will happen , either now or January for half of what We are willing to pay now now , McGinn sounds like we are being used to get Celtic moving , I am not a fan of Gallagher to be honest and Hughes' quotes about his young players staying there does cast doubt over that deal too . With 2 days to go I can see us frantically trying to get the next players on the list 

7 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

They couldn't afford him.  If Dack proves he's good enough at this level, his next move is to the Prem.  Probably to a Wolves, Palace, Newcastle  type club for silly money.

I think Dack will stick around at Rovers. I honestly believe he will be the star Player in the Championship this season. Have a sneaky feeling that with a couple more good additions to the squad we have a shot at the play offs. The bond and togetherness those lads have out there can't be rivaled in this league and I think that will win us more points than skill and flare. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Atkins was ok , great trier. Let's have it right though, he wasn't in anything like Batty's class. We regressed for all sorts of reasons but Batty wasn't one of them.

Sorry, got to disagree. We were coasting towards the 95 title with Atko in the middle, when Batty came back from his broken foot things went wrong.  We never hit those heights again.  Also, I can't really overlook his part in the demise away in Moscow.

*I am a big fan of Batty though, a much better passer and player than people (away from where he played)  gave him credit for.

• Like 2

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16401221.what-business-could-rovers-do-before-the-transfer-window-shuts/?ref=mac

From the article, on McGinn. 

Rovers would need to likely splash out in the region of £3m to land the 23-year-old, also in the final year of his contract, but they do have the money to spend, and is certainly one to keep an eye on. 

Interesting few days coming up 

9 hours ago, bluebruce said:

We aren't signing a third left back to supplant an ever-present from last season and a guy we spent half a million on to compete with him 8 months ago. You might as well not think about that, it absolutely won't happen whether you think it should or not.

Not if Williams is converted into centre half cover instead of lb starter. He ain’t too good at lb and bell hasn’t been digging up trees. Would mean we don’t need to track Bauer which we probably won’t be getting 

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not if Williams is converted into centre half cover instead of lb starter. He ain’t too good at lb and bell hasn’t been digging up trees. Would mean we don’t need to track Bauer which we probably won’t be getting 

Williams positional sense and his defensive heading capability is simply not up to Championship level even as a CB back up.

Fact is we have no one who is a top defensive header of the ball hence we need  Baueresque type in there.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom said:

But you you said he was ‘in the villa side of the directors box’ not he saw him entering or leaving

Alan Nixon said:

Lukas Nmecha. In the Villa side of the directors box tonight. The plot thickens.

The turn of phrase ‘in the xxx side of the directors box’ isn’t one I often hear as they aren’t split into sides are they, why pretend the info came from elsewhere when it’s blatant you just read it on Nickos twitter? 

Tom M, P.I.

?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

A  lot of who we need to sign depends on how high we  are actually aiming this season.  Evans and  Smallwood are ok if we just want to survive and are happy to finish bottom half of the league but if as it seems we are aiming a little higher than that then I think those two as a pair are not technically good enough.  Personally, I think at least one centre midfielder should be more of  a  playmaker, with a  good range of passing and a good touch,  I don't think Smallwood or Evans could  argue that they are this, I thought maybe Davenport would come  into the side  to play this role but not  sure  if TM  thinks he is ready.  In his iFollow post-match interview, TM described Evans' performance as 'amazing' so I think  Smallwood might be under real pressure if these McGinn rumours are true, even if we don't get him.  TM also said  Bennett is the 'heartbeat' of the side so I doubt he will be dropped any time soon.  I doubt we would be starting too often with Palmer, Armstrong, Dack and Graham as  I would expect, in the championship,  TM would think that would leave us too open so I think that Bennett is likely to usually take one of the wide positions.    Perhaps we will go all out and start 4  players that don't defend much trying to score more than the opposition, it would make for some exciting games for sure but I'd be surprised.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

The way I see our current "links"

Bauer - 40/60 chance, reading all the comments by everyone involved, I can see Charlton trying to make a point over this one and keeping him, maybe one to watch in Jan.

McGinn - Absolutely no chance, complete non starter.

Chapman -  I think Boro have sold Traore this week, so I think he will get a chance there now, disappointing as he has obvious potential, judging by Mowbrays comments it sounds like we could have had him for relative peanuts early on in the window, I think we should have maybe taken a gamble with him.

Gallagher - Has he ever been linked properly or is he another message board one like Maddison?

I think we'll see two more come in before Thursday, and I'd bet it is players that we have never been linked with.

What comments were these? Do you have a link? I remember him saying that Pulis wanted to look at Chapman in pre-season, which is exactly what has happened. 

Famous last words on McGinn....

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Alan Nixon said:

Nixon was tweeting last week that Nmecha was definitely off to Swansea as he was telling his friends this. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Tom said:

Alan Nixon said:

Not a 'go' at you Tom, you're as neutral as they come. In a 'Sensible Switzerland' kind of way, rather than a 'Boring Beige' way :P

I'll stick up for chaddy here. Perhaps he feels he has to tell a white lie because of the shit he gets any time he mentions Nixon.

I mentioned yesterday that this place has 'gentleman' feel about it. However much chaddy may bring it on himself, other posters are complete dicks to him at time (I include myself in that).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I think Dack will stick around at Rovers. I honestly believe he will be the star Player in the Championship this season. Have a sneaky feeling that with a couple more good additions to the squad we have a shot at the play offs. The bond and togetherness those lads have out there can't be rivaled in this league and I think that will win us more points than skill and flare. 

If we do splash a bit of cash on another 2/3 quality signings we could well become dark horses for a play off spot.  That said, if Dack, Lennihan, Armstrong etc do gave great seasons and we don't go up, you would be a brave man to bet against them being snapped up.

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What comments were these? Do you have a link? I remember him saying that Pulis wanted to look at Chapman in pre-season, which is exactly what has happened. 

Famous last words on McGinn....

No, I don't have a link. Christ you can't say anything on here now without being asked for sources, links etc.

I can't remember where it was from, could it have been the consultation meeting where he said something along the lines of Chapman being desperate to come back and the deal was quite easy to do but he didn't see him as a starter?

Would be surprised if I was wrong on McGinn, but don't get me wrong I'd be pleased!