BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

11 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I do not believe for a second we have the money to spend on McGinn. 

Interesting one.  If we do have it, and why should the LT tell fibs, then if it Is not used in this window on the glaring gaps at CF and CB then questions will be asked.

8 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

No, I don't have a link. Christ you can't say anything on here now without being asked for sources, links etc.

I can't remember where it was from, could it have been the consultation meeting where he said something along the lines of Chapman being desperate to come back and the deal was quite easy to do but he didn't see him as a starter?

Would be surprised if I was wrong on McGinn, but don't get me wrong I'd be pleased! 

I don't see the problem with producing a link or a source. It just doesn't make sense that Mowbray would have said that, along with saying that Pulis wanted to look at him in pre-season. They are contradictory.  What happens on here is someone says something substantiated and next thing it is being repeated as fact. I don't think the option was there to sign Chapman for a reasonable amount, otherwise we would have done it. Looks like he had a decent pre-season anyway, so doubt it will happen now, which is a shame. 

Ya, I would be surprised too. He would be a cracking signing though 

• K-Hod pinned this topic
22 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I don't think Sharpe would have said there is more money available if there wasn't.

I just don't think that A, we are interested, and B, if we are that we will get him.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I don't think Sharpe would have said there is more money available if there wasn't.

I just don't think that A, we are interested, and B, if we are that we will get him.

If we get him ahead of Celtic and Brighton it would be quite the coup. Up there with Brett Emerton or Benni Mcarthy! 

23 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Me neither.

Not sure why we would be hesitating so much. If we wanted to sign him, we should have tried as soon as the cash was available, knowing Celtic were interested.

Seems like we have more pressing concerns rather than another CM. Yes we should be signing better players for any position when they are available but our budget will be limited and we need to address other areas more urgently.

29 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Not a 'go' at you Tom, you're as neutral as they come. In a 'Sensible Switzerland' kind of way, rather than a 'Boring Beige' way :P

I'll stick up for chaddy here. Perhaps he feels he has to tell a white lie because of the shit he gets any time he mentions Nixon.

I mentioned yesterday that this place has 'gentleman' feel about it. However much chaddy may bring it on himself, other posters are complete dicks to him at time (I include myself in that).

Personally, I believe Chaddy, but only recently he told Tom to stop lying so yeah some go too far but so does he.  

31 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I  do, why? Waggott's comments  about hoping to sell another 1500 tickets off the back of exciting  signings (paraphrasing but that's basically how I read it)

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Me neither.

Not sure why we would be hesitating so much. If we wanted to sign him, we should have tried as soon as the cash was available, knowing Celtic were interested.

Seems like we have more pressing concerns rather than another CM. Yes we should be signing better players for any position when they are available but our budget will be limited and we need to address other areas more urgently.

Ya, Maddison would probably be a more practical signing. Imagine we signed both.. Along with Bauer and a striker on loan. 

If Carlsberg did transfer windows... 

7 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

Personally, I believe Chaddy, but only recently he told Tom to stop lying so yeah some go too far but so does he.  

I  do, why? Waggott's comments  about hoping to sell another 1500 tickets off the back of exciting  signings (paraphrasing but that's basically how I read it)

The behaviour of the club in the transfer market is not that of a club with 3.5 mill to spend on one player. I may be wrong but I feel this will be like Jan with some mythical transfer budget.

Edited by CambridgeRover

8 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

The behaviour of the club in the transfer market is not that of a club with 3.5 mill to spend on one player. I may be wrong but I feel this will be like Jan with some mythical transfer budget.

Or maybe he does and he doesn't want to waste it or bide his time? I'm sure some people would be happy to just pay a big fee for some waste of space just to show that we have money to spend. I'm happy he's not blowing 'big' money - this is what gets clubs like us in to trouble.

Just now, Ruaney said:

Or maybe he does and he doesn't want to waste it or bide his time? I'm sure some people would be happy to just pay a big fee for some waste of space just to show that we have money to spend. I'm happy he's not blowing 'big' money - this is what gets clubs like us in to trouble.

Flipping that - not spending money under the pretense a deal is to expensive results with a couple of freebie signings who contribute next to nowt.  Which also gets us into trouble.

1 minute ago, Ruaney said:

Exactly. The same fans who will be first to moan then if the signing doesn't perform. 

If it's so simple to just sign the players you want, why haven't Spurs signed Grealish yet? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Flipping that - not spending money under the pretense a deal is to expensive results with a couple of freebie signings who contribute next to nowt.  Which also gets us into trouble.

Yeah, I understand that but we've not signed any freebies. I am talking about this window in particular. Nothing for this window suggests we have no money available. Just because players have gone for money that we would have liked as fans, doesn't mean we couldn't afford them or wanted to pay for them. We probably just haven't been after them.

• Like 1

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Better than blowing the budget on a dud for the sake of it. 

I wonder do fans of other clubs have as negative an outlook on loan signings as seems to be on here?  The reality is for a back up to Graham, we will get a better player on loan than for a fee. Armstrong was cracking business. There aren't many of his quality kicking around for what we paid for him. Gary Madine cost Cardiff 7 million. I wouldn't have him ahead of Graham. An average championship striker costs 7 million, Madine, Bamford etc 

I actually see Boro are in for Bolasie at Everton, 17 million. Chapman will be on the bench for them at best, utilised exactly the way Mowbray did here. 

So there are a couple of players mentioned on here who we are supposedly looking at.

The potential of Mccgin signing is the one name which gets me genuinely excited as it would be a massive statement of intent. Which is probably why It won't end up happening!

I think a back up centre forward is the key signing needed, so I fully expect that to happen before the window closes. There doesn't seem to be many names going around who this could be tho.

I reckon charlton will hold there ground on Bauer, could be one to watch in January. I also think we have enough cover in defensive at least until January for us to cope with that we have. 

A natural wideman would also be welcome but I think we do have cover there now, I'd love to see Maddison come in tho. Although there hasn't been any substantial link from us to him.

Interestingly the players talked about on here are probaly unlikely to sign so it's gonna be an interesting couple of days.

Edited by TruRover

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Better than blowing the budget on a dud for the sake of it. 

I wonder do fans of other clubs have as negative an outlook on loan signings as seems to be on here?  The reality is for a back up to Graham, we will get a better player on loan than for a fee. Armstrong was cracking business. There aren't many of his quality kicking around for what we paid for him. Gary Madine cost Cardiff 7 million. I wouldn't have him ahead of Graham. An average championship striker costs 7 million, Madine, Bamford etc 

I actually see Boro are in for Bolasie at Everton, 17 million. Chapman will be on the bench for them at best, utilised exactly the way Mowbray did here. 

Wow. Bolasie will do some real damage at champ level.  Time to nip in for Chapman then ?

Agree with Armstrong.  No problem with a loan signing up front -as long we improve other areas with permanent buys.

Still need to keep an eye on replacing Graham in the next 12 months.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I see some are back very early today inventing 'negative' posts that do not exist.

I am bored shirtless by these WUMs, this place is becoming a Facebook parody.

Same shit different day - yes it gets boring.

We don't know if Dack's new contract contains a release clause and if it does what level it is set at. If there is one and a top Premier League side came in for him and met it matters would be largely out of our hands.

If there isn't one then apart from the fact we would probably go down if we sold Dack it would be very short sighted to sell him now as if he shines and also has another 20 + goals season he is suddenly elevated into £15m plus territory.

No premier league club will be bidding on Dack. Who's going to spend 10m+ on a 24-year-old with a couple of good league one seasons and who only makes national headlines when he finds himself in the gossip section of the papers?

Next summer he might go if he really does well this year, but there's no way bids are coming in for him from premier league clubs before the window closes. 

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We don't know if Dack's new contract contains a release clause and if it does what level it is set at. If there is one and a top Premier League side came in for him and met it matters would be largely out of our hands.

If there isn't one then apart from the fact we would probably go down if we sold Dack it would be very short sighted to sell him now as if he shines and also has another 20 + goals season he is suddenly elevated into £15m plus territory.

In this day and age I would expect a release clause...I'd be delighted to find there wasn't one!