BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

10 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I always thought deals could be finalised after the deadline as long as a fee was agreed before it? Have I been talking shite?

I think if you provide the outline of a deal in principle you can submit the formal paperwork after the deadline.

Not sure at all why we need another midfielder, if this guy came in we'd have ten players Trapp, Palmer, Rothwell Davenport, Smallwood, Evans, Bennett, Travis Conway and Tomlinson vyying for the midfield slots.

Too much quantity not enough quality.

Meanwhile  at least one genuine wide man and another striker still  urgently required.

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

What was that New Zealand chap called we got from the MLS? Did he ever amount to much?

Do you mean Tim Payne? Was picked up from a club in New Zealand in 2012. As with every other signing from that horrendous era he amounted to nothing and is now back in New Zealand according to wiki. Think he had issues getting a work permit whilst he was here. 

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Do you mean Tim Payne? Was picked up from a club in New Zealand in 2012. As with every other signing from that horrendous era he amounted to nothing and is now back in New Zealand according to wiki. Think he had issues getting a work permit whilst he was here. 

Ryan Nelsen

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think if you provide the outline of a deal in principle you can submit the formal paperwork after the deadline.

Not sure at all why we need another midfielder, if this guy came in we'd have ten players Trapp, Palmer, Rothwell Davenport, Smallwood, Evans, Bennett, Travis Conway and Tomlinson vyying for the midfield slots.

Too much quantity not enough quality.

Meanwhile  at least one genuine wide man and another striker still  urgently required.

And Whittingham... 

• Like 1

We may not NEED another CM but like people have said about McGinn, if the player is someone that can come in to the starting 11 because they are better than what we have there already then I don't mind - I welcome it. Do need to shift some deadwood though. Have to imagine Whittingham will be shifted/paid off and Travis and Tomlinson will be sent on loan 

• Like 5

Derby's squad is ridiculous how do they continue to evade FFP year after year?The other night they played 1 up front yet on the books they have Marriott, Martin, Blackman, Nugent, Jerome, Bennett & now Wells with Waghorn set to sign. The other night not even on the bench were the likes of Forsyth, Butterfield, Blackman, Martin, Hanson, Olsson, Jerome, Anya, Thorne & Huddlestone and you would suspect that some of them are on very big wages and that was with Evans and Marriott not ready for selection yet.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

I don't see Travis being put out on loan, Mowbray has really talked him up and he can play in a number of positions. Tomlinson I agree will depart on loan, Whittingham, who knows. He's not going to get anywhere near the first team, he also didnt exactly shower himself in glory last season so you wonder how many league 1 clubs would want him on his no doubt hefty wages.

4 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

We may not NEED another CM but like people have said about McGinn, if the player is someone that can come in to the starting 11 because they are better than what we have there already then I don't mind - I welcome it. Do need to shift some deadwood though. Have to imagine Whittingham will be shifted/paid off and Travis and Tomlinson will be sent on loan 

Agreed.

I really hope we actually are trying to improve the midfield engine and yes, this would mean shipping some out. I hope that doesn't include Travis, though.

Well Joe Harts Burnley debut went well, conceded 5 in opening 33 minutes against Rovers under 23's. EDIT he wasn't playing, if he was may have been more.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Pedro said:

What was that New Zealand chap called we got from the MLS? Did he ever amount to much?

Ryan Nelsen  

42 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Vydra on his way to Burnley. Nakhi wells going to Derby as part of the deal

Strange deal. Vydra doesnt strike me as Burnley type player. Is Dyche going to change his style? 

33 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Surely some of our current midfielders are about to depart since we have been looking at McGinn and now this guy from MLS.

I think Whittingham will leave if we sign another. Expect Tomlinson will go on loan probably Accrington Stanley

6 minutes ago, philipl said:

Seen a bit of Willy Trap footage. Hard to tell if he is any good because the MLS is played at nothing like the intensity of the Championship. 

Can anyone tell me what type of midfield player Trap is?

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Vydra doesn't strike me as a Burnley type of player. They have apparently bid £18 million for Rodriguez as well.

Boro have bid £10 million for Vokes and £18 million for Bolasie. 

Armstrong looking like one of the deals of the window ;) 

£20 million + on Jay Rod and Ben Gibson from the Championship. Quite happy to see another chunk of the Premier League dosh used up on them two.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ryan Nelsen  

Strange deal. Vydra doesnt strike me as Burnley type player. Is Dyche going to change his style? 

I think Whittingham will leave if we sign another. Expect Tomlinson will go on loan probably Accrington Stanley

Can anyone tell me what type of midfield player Trap is?

Apparently Trapp is a box to box midfielder who can pick a good pass and has a great engine. So basically, something we don't have. Dunno if he is any good though