BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

3 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Apparently Trapp is a box to box midfielder who can pick a good pass and has a great engine. So basically, something we don't have. Dunno if he is any good though

It is the type we need but its certainly a left-field move with massive differences between that league and this one. Hopefully TM and his scouting network have found a potential gem.

• Like 1

This is all very confusing. Seems to me we could all be barking up the wrong tree here as in are we actually going to play a 4231 formation and has Armstrong definitely been signed to play as one of the wider attackers?

Of the midfielders we have perhaps there are more that TM thinks can play in the more advanced positions hence why we are looking to improve on evans/smallwood.

Something just doesn't add up!

2 minutes ago, Drover said:

This is all very confusing. Seems to me we could all be barking up the wrong tree here as in are we actually going to play a 4231 formation and has Armstrong definitely been signed to play as one of the wider attackers?

Of the midfielders we have perhaps there are more that TM thinks can play in the more advanced positions hence why we are looking to improve on evans/smallwood.

Something just doesn't add up!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11676/11464392/blackburn-rovers-tony-mowbray-delighted-with-bargain-signing-of-newcastles-adam-armstrong 

Mowbray

The challenge for Adam is to first of all get into our team in his preferred position, which is down the middle, but I've got great belief in him.

"I know he can score goals, I know the attributes he has, so we just have to provide the ammunition for him and I'm sure he'll finish it off."

Apart form 3-4 players, everyone in this team can be improved for a relativley small outlay. Yeah we have more pressing needs than others, but if you see a good deal in another position then you make a move imo

WIl Trapp MLS info

some comments from the MLS world:

1) MLS transfer window shuts at 559 AM GMT on Thursday, so any deals need to be sorted by tomorrow

2) he's an academy graduate for his current club, which is rather rare on this side of the pond

3) he does have 6 caps for the US, but surely that raises questions about a work permit.  He has, however, captained the national side for the recent friendlies before the world cup  

4) the team he is on is rumoured to be changing cities (Owner threatened to move if the city didn't build a new stadium).  it is possible the player has told the management he does not want to follow them

4 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

If Boro get Bolasie could Chapman become available? 

Only guessing, but I expect that it's already down to valuations, rather than them really wanting to keep him necessarily. 

Clearly never been a Pulis-style winger, and didn't get off the bench on Saturday, even when they were chasing the game.

Sadly, I suspect that it's always been about how much Tony wants him, and I just don't think he's as willing to take a punt as a lot of fans are. 

2 hours ago, Beanie01289 said:

That's a bit unfair he's also an outstanding author of crime fiction. 

Funnily enough I was just telling my husband about that the other day. He didn't believe me they used to read his books on Hawksbee and Jacobs. 

46 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

We are averaging 110 pages per signing so far. The passion for this club is still alive and kicking!

So next signing due on page 550.

Come on lads and lassies, so much work to be done by Thursday!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

His disciplinary record is terrible.  Numerous yellow cards following a rush of blood to the head.  On the plus side he's great at pumping balls into the box.

As he's got older, he isn't so much box to box. In his early days he'd often get pulled off early but now, with his experience he can last a full 90mins and is a bit more creative.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

This link highlights one thing.  Rich Sharpe isn't really in the loop with Rovers transfers.  Surprised by McGinn and no idea about the American lad. 

In fairness. I don't think many people are.

It is nigh on impossible to get information out of the club at present, and anyone who claims to have a line into the club at the moment from non-local media related sources are talking nonsense!

There has been the occasional indicator of info coming out. But real solid names have come after the club have signaled interest formally or scouts have been spotted.

Edited by RovingRover

Central midfield, especially one whose a ball winner, seems an unnecessary utilisation of our remaining budget. Can't see us signing someone from the MLS anyway, seems a bit of a random deal to try and squeeze through in the next 48 hours.

Someone like McGinn i'd understand more, as he would offer more of an attacking threat alongside a more conservative Smallwood/Evans/Davenport.