BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Well boro are 3up, if he gets no mins in the 2nd half now, then he has to know his chances are slim. Especially if bollassi signs

He may not have started many at rovers, but he came off the bench and played every game

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

To be fair he only got one start because he got  injured.

I know what your saying, but is Chapman ready to start week in week out in the Championship yet?I  would bet that he wouldn't be a starter quite yet for 95% of the sides in the Championship. 

Going off his social media then I think if Boro where to say goodbye we would be top or near top of the list of clubs he would want to go too.

Not necessarily, but Mowbray was insistent that he wasnt being considered to start games. You mention the injury but even this summer (may be mistaken on this, apologies if so) when asked again he reiterated that he still sees him as an impact sub.

I could see him personally starting much more than he did here in League 1, as he deserved to, but dont think that Mowbray would trust him based on previous experience, therefore he may as well stay in a similar role at his local team, one much more likely to challenge for Promotion.

Not saying he wouldnt want to come back, clearly has some fondness, just playing devils advocate really. To be honest I'd be surprised if him or Gallagher return.

12 minutes ago, Neal said:

If Chapman doesn't even get any minutes then it will be more motivation for him to leave, especially if Bolasie comes in. 

I'm 100% positive he'd rather be at Rovers. My guess he will be the deadline day signing for us and everyone will go into meltdown. 

Tony won’t want to risk buying him until he is convinced he is the same player that he was before the injury. That’s why I think that he is playing the waiting game. I would expect him to come in on Monday as a loan with a view to buy in January. Being in his last year of his contract Boro would most likely prefer a sale if they don’t want him anymore so it makes sense. We certainly need a player like him when we are chasing a game. 

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not necessarily, but Mowbray was insistent that he wasnt being considered to start games. You mention the injury but even this summer (may be mistaken on this, apologies if so) when asked again he reiterated that he still sees him as an impact sub.

I could see him personally starting much more than he did here in League 1, as he deserved to, but dont think that Mowbray would trust him based on previous experience, therefore he may as well stay in a similar role at his local team, one much more likely to challenge for Promotion.

Not saying he wouldnt want to come back, clearly has some fondness, just playing devils advocate really. To be honest I'd be surprised if him or Gallagher return.

Id like Chapman back massive potential and the sort who can change a game from the bench.In a couple of years provided injuries don't ruin him then he could be worth an absolute fortune and be a star man.

To be honest though I don't think we will sign a pacey winger,it hasn't really been talked about and Mowbray seems to prefer playing forwards in the wide positions of a 3.

I think it would be a mistake if we don't sign a winger with pace and likes to hug the touchline.We do need someone like Chapman imo.

• Like 4

Alot of our players are similar. What we need now is something different. Different to either come off the bench or to do something different if circumstances dictate it.

Chapman is very diffdrent to anything we have and ticks the boxes of what we need imo

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair Mowbray said at the beginning of the season that Chapman would probably need untill closer to Christmas to get used his responsibilties and demands before starting. He was just getting there when injury struck. He was clear regarding Payne that he would only be considered an impact player.

2 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Alot of our players are similar. What we need now is something different. Different to either come off the bench or to do something different if circumstances dictate it.

Chapman is very diffdrent to anything we have and ticks the boxes of what we need imo

Agreed. We don't have any wide players who can take on a man. Also missing a two way winger like Conway was in his prime. Someone with pace and crosses who also can be relied on to track back. We got away a few times in League One with wingers/off mid not tracking back. That won't be the case in Championship, we will be countered to death.

The Trapp offer is pretty interesting. What I like is that we're not limiting us to former players or Football League. Seems that the new scouting setup is starting to function. Also a clear indication that there is money left. I've previously suggested an expected budget of 3-5 millions. Seems now that it is at least around 5 which pretty good considering we haven't sold anybody.

Don't know the player but seem to have decent pedigree and highly rated among his peers, including Thierre Henry:

https://www.massivereport.com/2014/10/21/7028267/thierry-henry-gives-credit-to-columbus-crew-wil-trapp-for-victory

The player also seems interested in the move based on his comments:

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20180807/crew-sc--english-team-makes-125-million-offer-for-wil-trapp

13 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Yer I’d go with that as well.

Chappers is an exciting player, adds a new dimension to our attack.

Should always be a place in a team for a player like him.

His past injuries are the concern though.

21 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Agree with this.  We need an out and out flying winger.  Adding height would be great as well big centre half.  Nzonzi size CM and a powerful forward.

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We don't know if Dack's new contract contains a release clause and if it does what level it is set at. If there is one and a top Premier League side came in for him and met it matters would be largely out of our hands.

If there isn't one then apart from the fact we would probably go down if we sold Dack it would be very short sighted to sell him now as if he shines and also has another 20 + goals season he is suddenly elevated into £15m plus territory.

If his new deal is the same length as the old one, more pay, and has a release clause (unless far higher than an existing one), then whoever agreed to that should never handle contract negotiations for the rest of their life.

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

We'll sign two in the next 2 days for around £3.5m not sure on position, then 2 loans with one with a view to a permanent.

Thanks for that. Can you post the players' names too - saves trawling through the next 200 posts

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Agree with this.  We need an out and out flying winger.  Adding height would be great as well big centre half.  Nzonzi size CM and a powerful forward.

Just make sure if aiming for a tall CM that he is mobile like Nzonzi and not another Etuhu. I would settle for a Jermaine Jones myself. How he could cover ground fast, had drive and bite as well. 

• Like 1

In respect of various points raised over recent days:

Armstrong/Chapman not being main targets - this may have been true, or IMO, it was TM being astute. Had we been promoted and he come out and said he wanted them signed up, this would immediately have given their respective teams cause to hold out for a higher fee.

The same applies to Bauer with the comments we are moving on. I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up landing him, but it's hardly a position of strength to negotiate if you come out and say the player is your main target.

Sharpe/LET coverage - some say they know nothing, others that they're tied by the club. I get the impression they only publish when something is close to being confirmed, the club think it may help push a deal, or a genuine scoop is broken elsewhere. A high percentage of traffic to the LET will be about Rovers, if they published everything they know straight away, I'm sure the club could make things much more difficult for the paper in terms of access. In turn, they'd have less to publish, less traffic and less revenue. It's a fine line for them to tread.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alex l said:

In respect of various points raised over recent days:

Armstrong/Chapman not being main targets - this may have been true, or IMO, it was TM being astute. Had we been promoted and he come out and said he wanted them signed up, this would immediately have given their respective teams cause to hold out for a higher fee.

The same applies to Bauer with the comments we are moving on. I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up landing him, but it's hardly a position of strength to negotiate if you come out and say the player is your main target.

Sharpe/LET coverage - some say they know nothing, others that they're tied by the club. I get the impression they only publish when something is close to being confirmed, the club think it may help push a deal, or a genuine scoop is broken elsewhere. A high percentage of traffic to the LET will be about Rovers, if they published everything they know straight away, I'm sure the club could make things much more difficult for the paper in terms of access. In turn, they'd have less to publish, less traffic and less revenue. It's a fine line for them to tread.

Just a smokescreen to make agents think they aren't bothered - cheaper cost/wages etc