BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

5 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

Has Travis just sent a coded message on his Instagram story.

Reads ‘bye’

Probably reading too much into this. He’s probably just saying bye to the swimming pool and his workout for the night ?‍♂️

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baz said:

Anyone know anything about this Lithuanian we apparently have signed?

Aah seems he came on trial last season, impressed and has been offered a deal.

Presumably one for the future.

Its funny how football works, I've been in the kop end watching Liverpool vs torino and there was quite a few complaining about salah, let's put in a loan bid maybe? Nah being serious if they are being serious about moaning about him maybe we should look at ourselves. I watched us against Ipswich and I think both our cm dim well, all that was missing was a good wide outlet like Edwards 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I had a quick look at his Instagram and I have no idea how it works but his Mrs, my god.

She’s outrageously attractive, isn’t she? To be fair, the lad’s teeth are the whitest thing you’ve ever seen. 

Think some of his team mates nickname him ‘teeth’. Not the worst banter, in fairness...

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

I've been led to believe trapp is a defensive midfielder, and questioned as to why we need another of these?

In my own belief, TM only wants defensive midfielders in the 'two' in front of the back 4.

Yet Trap is described as being able to drive forward from midfield.

38 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Tried this on two devices and the link won't open on either. Could you summarise/quote?

The Columbus Dispatch

Crew SC | English team makes $1.25 million offer for Wil Trapp

At age 25, if Wil Trapp is going to make a move to Europe it might have to happen in the next couple of years. 

Posted at 2:25 PMUpdated at 2:28 PM
For the second time in less than a month, Crew SC has fielded a seven-figure offer for one of its national team-caliber players.

The latest on the table is a $1.25 million offer from the Blackburn Rovers of the English second division for midfielder and captain Wil Trapp. The offer, comes to light a little more than two weeks after the Crew rejected a $3.9 million offer from Bristol City, also of the English second division, for goalkeeper Zack Steffen

As he said when the team was approached with the offer for Steffen, coach and sporting director Gregg Berhalter said Tuesday that Crew SC has a valuation in mind for Trapp. He declined to reveal that valuation.

“We set a certain valuation for our players, we know what the cost is to replace quality like Wil’s, so we have to stand firm,” Berhalter said. “In the same sense, we want to work with the player to help him realize his goals and aspirations. It’s a tricky balance, but again, we’ve been through this before so we know how to set a pretty fair valuation for our players.”

Trapp, who has made 143 starts for the Crew, called it an “interesting mix of emotions” thinking over a foreign offer.

“It was certainly something I have never dealt with, my wife and I have never dealt with, so it was good to go through it and see how we’d react in that situation,” Trapp said.

Trapp, who played his high school soccer at Gahanna and his college soccer at Akron, first signed with the Crew as a homegrown player in December 2012 and re-upped with the Crew through 2020 in March 2017

His family and many of his friends are in central Ohio, but that’s just one side of the coin.

“There’s a lot of family here, there’s a lot of friends here and you’ve been here your whole life, so sometimes change is a good thing,” Trapp said. “At the moment, I’m just focused on what we can do here with the team. We have 11 games left, it’s been an exciting run, we’re getting everyone fit and healthy and bringing in new players, so just focused here.”

It’s difficult to predict how or when a move to Europe happens, Trapp said, but he is clear about his want to raise his game, competition and expectations of himself.

Trapp also knows he’s 25 and is nearing the conclusion of his sixth year in MLS. The window to make a move to Europe doesn’t stay open forever.

“There’s a finite time you can play. You have to look at the investment side from a club abroad,” Trapp said. “How much money are they willing to spend on someone who’s a little bit older versus someone who’s younger? There is a window of opportunity there and you just have to find the right (opportunity) that comes along.”

Berhalter agreed and said, to him, that window for Trapp could be in the next 18 months.

“I would say there probably will be a time, but I’m not sure the time’s now,” Berhalter said. “In the next year and a half, maybe, (there will come a time when) it’s gonna be where either he is going into a situation in Europe that he likes and is right for him or it may never happen because of his age.

“That may be the case. I’m not sure, but that’s how I see it.”

To Trapp, discussing a transfer offer is something for which he’s had “conditioning” this season. As the Crew’s captain, he has on multiple occasions fielded uncomfortable questions related to the Crew’s uncertain future in Columbus after the 2018 season.

″(It is) the ability to control what you can control and that’s the biggest thing,” Trapp said. “Gregg’s done a good job of instilling that in each of us as individuals and as a team. No matter what the circumstance, you can adapt that principle to it.”

Edited by AllRoverAsia