BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Hoping for 2 quality perm signings before the deadline closes. Will be dissapointed if we don't pay some seven firgure fees. I think a wide man and striker are priorities. However if the chance to sign someone who improves our squad significantly at a decent price, someone like Mccgin, then would like to see us take that chance.

• Like 1

Grealish apparently not for sale, have Villa confirmed McGinn or have talks broken down, or (more likely) they're adding both and showing their middle finger to FFP and going all in on year 3.

This Kepa signing for £71m at Chelsea makes me wonder how much clubs would be paying for David Raya if he was starting at Eibar or Sociadad and not BRFC.

• Like 2

I would be very, very surprised if Grealish doesn't leave. Shocked even. 

Even if he goes, it would seem they are rolling the dice and going for promotion one last time in the 3 year FFP cycle, meaning they would be under even more pressure to go up. It's inevitably going to end very badly there I feel. Unless of course they get promoted 

29 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Grealish apparently not for sale, have Villa confirmed McGinn or have talks broken down, or (more likely) they're adding both and showing their middle finger to FFP and going all in on year 3.

This Kepa signing for £71m at Chelsea makes me wonder how much clubs would be paying for David Raya if he was starting at Eibar or Sociadad and not BRFC.

Just seen Angus Gunn went for £13.5 million

Raya is going to be a MASSIVE asset. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Drover said:

Celtic have matched villa's offer for Mcginn (2.75m)

https://readceltic.com/2018/08/08/celtic-make-improved-mcginn-bid-to-rival-villa/

We are almost certainly out of this one

I still stand by our role in this transfer being a pawn to drive Celtic up to the full asking price. (Due to our good relationship with hibs)

Villa are the real pawn it seems. Depends on the lads mindset, settle for a career in the SPL or not.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would be very, very surprised if Grealish doesn't leave. Shocked even. 

Even if he goes, it would seem they are rolling the dice and going for promotion one last time in the 3 year FFP cycle, meaning they would be under even more pressure to go up. It's inevitably going to end very badly there I feel. Unless of course they get promoted 

Or the alternative is that FFP is a sham and Villa know it. Their behaviour in the last few weeks has shown the threat of serious sanctions to be a mere myth that they are now going to step around.

The worst that will happen is they will miss promotion and get some loose 'embargo' like Birmingham have had where they are restricted on incomings.

Likelihood is with that squad and Bruce at the helm they'll be getting promoted this season anyway so won't have anything to worry about, as I predicted in the days following the play-off final defeat when lots of people were predicting Leeds-style misery and chaos.

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Or the alternative is that FFP is a sham and Villa know it. Their behaviour in the last few weeks has shown the threat of serious sanctions to be a mere myth that they are now going to step around.

The worst that will happen is they will miss promotion and get some loose 'embargo' like Birmingham have had where they are restricted on incomings.

Likelihood is with that squad and Bruce at the helm they'll be getting promoted this season anyway so won't have anything to worry about, as I predicted in the days following the play-off final defeat when lots of people were predicting Leeds-style misery and chaos.

Why were Leeds punished and not Villa? 

I don't think you can just ignore the fact Villa have a player who will bring in around £30 million pounds in a fee. If they don't sell him, fair enough, but I don't think its plausible that they won't 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think you are mistaking Villa with one of the other embargoed clubs - I was under the impression that Villas troubles came with previous owners running out of cash eg refusing to buy the suits for the playoff final.

As this is their third season - wouldn’t next year be the accounts that would required to serve a sanction? I’m not suggesting the process is faultless or even fit for purpose and you could expect Villa to delay accounts or sell big players next season.

I thought Villas problems this summer came from a lack of money either way, not threat of ffp. That’ll come if they aren’t promoted this season.

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why were Leeds punished and not Villa? 

I don't think you can just ignore the fact Villa have a player who will bring in around £30 million pounds in a fee. If they don't sell him, fair enough, but I don't think its plausible that they won't 

I'm on about Leeds chaos in terms of going bust and ending up in League One which some people seemed to think was about to happen to Villa.

We were also told that due to a toxic combination of their owner running out of cash and FFP rules they would be crippled and forced to sell everyone worth anything to raise funds. That hasn't happened, they're now owned by an Egyptian billionaire and are talking about keeping their best players (rejecting large bids for Grealish and Chester) and as expected the spectre of FFP punishment hasn't materialised.

3 minutes ago, Biz said:

I think you are mistaking Villa with one of the other embargoed clubs - I was under the impression that Villas troubles came with previous owners running out of cash eg refusing to buy the suits for the playoff final.

As this is their third season - wouldn’t next year be the accounts that would required to serve a sanction? I’m not suggesting the process is faultless or even fit for purpose and you could expect Villa to delay accounts or sell big players next season.

I thought Villas problems this summer came from a lack of money either way, not threat of ffp. That’ll come if they aren’t promoted this season.

True, a lot of Villa's supposed difficulties were because their owner couldn't get any more money together and he's ended up selling them to someone else, but FFP was supposedly another massive problem for them - countless newspaper stories about them needing to raise £30 million+ to achieve compliance etc. Hasn't happened. Looks like they're getting a 3rd crack of the whip of massive spending to try and get up. Eventually they will succeed with that sort of money and I've no confidence at all they will be appropriately sanctioned.

The Telegraph article today seems to be downplaying the significance of tomorrow's deadline as a major issue, instead referring to the end of the month as the important date by which time to achieve our target of another 4 additions.

I've no opposition in principle to taking our time and signing people on loan with agreements to become permanent in due course, so long as we aren't waiting to see which scraps and cast-offs get made available at the 11th hour with which we can fill our squad.

Targets like this American lad are the sort that give the impression there is a plan and list in place to work through, however waiting to raid local Premier League academies for teenagers for a few months doesn't give that impression.

I would still dearly like two incomings before tomorrow night, preferably a CF and winger, with the CB, GK or CM reinforcements coming later if necessary.

Better to get business done asap so that the new players can contribute in important games rather than missing the first 5 or 6 games and not getting settled in until mid-September.

Everyone must be circumventing FFP. It cant be to hard.

What stops venkys for example paying a player 10k a week and staying under FFP with rovers.

Then paying them 10k a week from venkys india under the title of marketing etc.

Must be so easy to pay players extra from other accounts