BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Assuming we don't get anyone today then I think 1 permanent addition is the best we can hope for from here. We don't seem to be in the business of making multiple signings at once and for us to get close to Mowbray's target before tomorrow's deadline then tomorrow would be chaos with 2-3 permanent additions coming in. We seem to work one by one with significant gaps in between arrivals. Not the sort of manager or club to see 3 or 4 turn up in one day. I think we might get one and potentially another on loan with someone else in a couple of weeks. Not ideal by any stretch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drover said:

Anyone know how binding loan deals can be. As in can the selling club make it 100% that a player will be bought in Jan or could the buying club always wiggle their way out of it or try to change the terms if they underperform? 

Not something I know much about. 

I think we had one with Varney and Sheffield Wed had one with Rhodes.

Maybe explains why everyone isnt panicking with this thursday deadline, as they can just do loans with agreed purchases.

In reality this 1st window doesnt really mean much then, as all options are still possible it seems

• Moderation Lead

Well, at this stage, we'll probably have to play a blinder to get enough permanent signings in before the deadline, so assuming we don't, then it looks like we'll be relying on loans, which as JH said, isn't ideal. 

I just hope I'm wrong and we do play that blinder!

I wouldn’t want to predict tomorrow since a lot of teams across the divisions are in a similar boat (struggling to get signings over the line) and it’s the first “early finish” window.

17 hours ago, davulsukur said:

I had a quick at his Instagram and I have no idea how it’s works but his Mrs, my god.

Harry chapman has just liked a one rovers post re: “The lads have to make our fans proud when they pull on the shirt. We want them to see they are playing for that red rose ?

Nice of him............

Edited by markhayhurst

16 minutes ago, Biz said:

I wouldn’t want to predict tomorrow since a lot of teams across the divisions are in a similar boat (struggling to get signings over the line) and it’s the first “early finish” window.

Are the rest of Europe allowed to make signings? If they are, an early end is daft.

11 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

Harry chapman has just liked a one rovers post re: “The lads have to make our fans proud when they pull on the shirt. We want them to see they are playing for that red rose ?

Nice of him............

It's pretty clear he wants to come back. Be delighted if it happens 

6 hours ago, Boroblue said:

Has gestede not had injury problems over the last few years. 

Yes , but if we could get him on loan and use him primarily to come on for those last 20-25 minutes that Mowbray uses to give Danny Graham a rest to build up his fitness I don't see a problem 

• Like 1

Just now, AJW said:

Yes , but if we could get him on loan and use him primarily to come on for those last 20-25 minutes that Mowbray uses to give Danny Graham a rest to build up his fitness I don't see a problem 

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I apologise to all for bringing up Travis’ Mrs. 

Seems to have caused a few problems it seems

I am pretty sure she was sat a few seats away from us at the Hibs game, I said to my mate that she looked a bit of place and was probably one the players girlfriends. 

3 hours ago, neophox said:

Have everyone forgot we got Davenport?

He's an unknown quantity and therefore tends to be ignored until he proves himself.