BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

I can only imagine how many hours in total of our lives are  taken up revisiting this  thread time and time again in the final hours before the deadline door slams in our faces. Wishing and hoping someone  blinding is sighted at Brockhall rather than ending up with Fockall. Multiple that by twice a year plus the other links to transfer sites and then multiply that by the number of times we have done this since the internet was invented.

Yikes, if we multiply that by our average hourly rate we could probably have bought Ronaldo. 

• Like 3

hmm really hope there is at least two if not three incomings tomorrow then.. As we need some extra quality to go into The team.  Not conviced on a Evans and smallwood pairing all season I'm the championship..  Davenport looked shakey pre season. Rothwell looked pretty decent but might be used wide 

I feel we need at least bare minimum a pacey winger and a target man.. I can't stand the thought of us loaning a Prem kid to play upfront to ease grahams work load.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Are the rest of Europe allowed to make signings? If they are, an early end is daft.

Not sure what the problem is with the window finishing early, everyone knew when the window closed so there's absoluteiy no excuse to be scurrying about at the last minute. If it closed on 31st of August as normal Clubs would still be panicking  at the last minute having tried and failed to play silly buggers with each other. I'd go a bit further and close the window before the season starts so that anyone signed is eligible to play in the opening game. It doesn't matter if the window in Europe closes later, just Don't sell anyone after a certain point.

As for us, we'll have to wait and see if anything happens tomorrow but for me it's a pretty disappointing window if we Don't get at least one wide man and one striker in as we will have overloaded with players in what I regarded as non priority positions and not really addressed the priority areas wide and up front.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 7

In terms of names, if we are intent on improving central midfield, which shouldnt be a priority, but anyway, rather than trying to sign MLS players, Oliver Norwood is a very good midfielder at this level and is available from Brighton. 

Sheyi Ojo, Nikola Vlasic, Josh Sims and Brahim Diaz are all players that maybe we could sign on loan as natural wingers?

Chris Martin would be a very shrewd addition, him or Nelson Oliviera.

Maybe Nedum Onouha on a cheap deal would be a clever move to save money for more pressing positions, if he is fit enough.

Bakary Sako is still without a club, again no idea on wage demands.

I was expecting 2 more permanent additions after TM’s comments, but that will be unlikely. When did we last announce 2 on the same day? If we don’t get 2 more permanents in of decent standard I would be pretty darn disappointed.

• Like 4

A bit strange these transfer new rules. As long as you can loan to purchase in January, the window in effect closes 31 August. This means that this thread will go on for a few weeks more and we'll all waste a lot of time here...

We announced 3 on deadline day last August. I expect at least 2 perm tomorrow going to be very disappointed if we don't at least see that.

We have already dropped a couple of points as we didn't have enough quality on the bench.Nuttall could be good in the future, he needs a loan move, he is in no way ready to lead the line and do what Graham does

• Like 1

Just now, briansol said:

A bit strange these transfer new rules. As long as you can loan to purchase in January, the window in effect closes 31 August. This means that this thread will go on for a few weeks more and we'll all waste a lot of time here...

I wish the whole thing just shut tomorrow.

What do we have another 4 games before the 31st?Those points could be crucial and If we want to do anything this season then we need to keep the momentum that we built up last season.

We don't have enough attacking threat yet for me.Graham won't be lasting the 90 in many games 

• Like 2

Just now, Bepeja43 said:

Sorry but I fail to see how we are going to sign the 4 or 5 players we need to be a reasonable force in the championship this season by the Thursday deadline. We've been had again.

Venkys out.

Mate, we can sign players untill 31 August. Doesn't have to be within deadline tomorrow. Clubs will just call it a loan with permanent transfer agreed at later date. Similar to the DJ Campbell deal. 

1 minute ago, Bepeja43 said:

Sorry but I fail to see how we are going to sign the 4 or 5 players we need to be a reasonable force in the championship this season by the Thursday deadline. We've been had again.

Venkys out.

2 or 3 perm would be enough tomorrow.Iv no issue with Mowbray leaving 1 or 2 spots open for the loan window,as players of a decent quality might not be getting game time in the prem or even championship and may become available. 

Do you think Mowbray is a liar?He has said he has a healthy budget and he is happy with it.

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I wish the whole thing just shut tomorrow.

What do we have another 4 games before the 31st?Those points could be crucial and If we want to do anything this season then we need to keep the momentum that we built up last season.

We don't have enough attacking threat yet for me.Graham won't be lasting the 90 in many games 

Agreed. The way it is set up now has no effect. Mowbray has several times hinted about the loan/permanent option so I think his timescale for the 3-4 extra players are 31 August. Still expecting one or two to arrive Tomorrow though. 

Just now, briansol said:

Agreed. The way it is set up now has no effect. Mowbray has several times hinted about the loan/permanent option so I think his timescale for the 3-4 extra players are 31 August. Still expecting one or two to arrive Tomorrow though. 

Agreed. This window tomorrow means absolutley nothing as you can still make perma singings until August 31st

There will be deals to be done tomorrow - whether we choose to do them is a different matter.  Expecting at least 2 quality signings tomorrow - based on TM comments - hopefully a forward and winger.  

Get the impression that the winger isn't going to happen though - yet it's the most glaring omission in the squad. 

The fact that nothing seems to be on the cusp, not so much as a tenuous link - points  to a disappointing day tomorrow IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

2 or 3 perm would be enough tomorrow.Iv no issue with Mowbray leaving 1 or 2 spots open for the loan window,as players of a decent quality might not be getting game time in the prem or even championship and may become available. 

Do you think Mowbray is a liar?He has said he has a healthy budget and he is happy with it.

He never said or insinuated that he felt that Mowbray was a liar. In fact he made specific reference to who he would blame if we dont get what we need in the market, ie the owners.

Even if Mowbray feels he has the money, the owners have the final say, until the ink is dry on the new signings contract any promises from them mean nothing, considering what theyve done in the past.

We will be able to judge the window in 24 hours, both in terms of what is spent and what has been done with the money. But please stop spreading things like people think Mowbray is a liar, no one said that.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He never said or insinuated that he felt that Mowbray was a liar. In fact he made specific reference to who he would blame if we dont get what we need in the market, ie the owners.

Even if Mowbray feels he has the money, the owners have the final say, until the ink is dry on the new signings contract any promises from them mean nothing, considering what theyve done in the past.

We will be able to judge the window in 24 hours, both in terms of what is spent and what has been done with the money. But please stop spreading things like people think Mowbray is a liar, no one said that.

By definition he is calling Mowbray a liar.And to be fair i'l post what I like if it's not breaking rules or being rude to someone.

We all know Venkys are shit owners but we have been told on numerous occasions by the manager that he is happy with his budget.

Being given a budget suggests to me Waggot and Mowbray don't have to have every signing signed off by India.

If we end up being light and not signing enough quality then for me it will be down to the manager and recruitment team misjudging the market or not making moves early enough.

Saying all that I'm trusting what Mowbray says and expect to see at least 2 perm tomorrow 

• Like 1

Not sure why there's negativity about loan deals. 

There's so much strength in depth across most prem squads the youngsters really are up against it trying to make the breakthrough. Even teams like Everton now have quality in most positions. 

I do however think we'll land a couple of permanent moves tomorrow, quite possibly players that haven't really been discussed on here.... 

• Like 1