BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

3 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

Bids for Bauer, Trapp.. You get this from HITC site? I've seen nothing official.

Here you go:

Trapp bid confirmed by Sky Sports:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11676/11464999/columbus-crew-reject-bid-for-wil-trapp-from-blackburn-rovers

Also here with quotes by manager and player himself:

https://theathletic.com/462522/2018/08/07/blackburn-rovers-offer-crew-1-25-million-for-wil-trapp/?source=rss

Bauer

Charlton manager Bowyer quoted:

“Obviously Blackburn keep coming in, but the situation hasn’t changed and it isn’t going to change.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16401976.charlton-would-be-crazy-to-sell-rovers-target-bauer-bowyer/?ref=mac

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

Bids for Bauer, Trapp.. You get this from HITC site? I've seen nothing official.

I thought bowyer charltons managers said we had made several bids for Bauer and they wanted to keep him and offer a new contact. He then went public and refused the offer.I don’t think that was through the HITC site. Trapp I don’t know thought it was from Columbus Crew themselves

12 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Ojo 10m

Norwood 8m

Chris martin not great

Nelson Oliveira 35k a week

Wheres your Norwood figure from?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/08/report-leeds-united-close-to-signing-brightons-oliver-norwood-fo/

Albeit I didnt realise he was close to signing for Leeds.

If Martin is "not great" (proven Championship goalscorer who can hold the ball up) I'd suggest your expectations are a little high.

Ojo has been suggested to a few teams on loan.

Just now, briansol said:

Here you go:

Trapp bid confirmed by Sky Sports:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11676/11464999/columbus-crew-reject-bid-for-wil-trapp-from-blackburn-rovers

Also here with quotes by manager and player himself:

https://theathletic.com/462522/2018/08/07/blackburn-rovers-offer-crew-1-25-million-for-wil-trapp/?source=rss

Bauer

Charlton manager Bowyer quoted:

“Obviously Blackburn keep coming in, but the situation hasn’t changed and it isn’t going to change.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16401976.charlton-would-be-crazy-to-sell-rovers-target-bauer-bowyer/?ref=mac

Sorry yours is much more comprehensive. I’m convinced if no one else is.

Just now, islander200 said:

What funny buisness?

Waggott claimed we had a larger budget but we choose not to touch it in Jan. 

I see direct parallels with our current situation. A supposidly big budget but as we  get closer to deadline day looks like it isnt there. 

Just now, CraigF said:

Now this could be nothing, just two old chums meeting up for a spot of afternoon tea somewhere in between Blackburn and Middlesbrough, let’s say the picturesque town of Harrogate. 

Or he’s close to Blackburn after being in negotiations today ?

’From Chapman’s instagram’

8FA8A935-5165-4523-8CA7-B597D65EF3E5.png

Something happening there surely.

Regarding Trapp:  I would be amazed if that deal gets done tomorrow.  Not due to anything Rover's related.  Its a long long story, that many in Blackburn can likely relate to, but I will only summarize here.

The Columbus club is a shambles at the moment.  Owner trying to move it from Ohio to Texas, fans revolting to keep the team in C-bus.  There is a city council meeting in Texas on Thursday night US time, and if they approve a stadium concept, then a court date Friday on a different issue trying to stop the team from leaving Ohio.

Trapp is from Columbus.  I can't see him leaving now, while the #savethecrew fans battle on to keep the team from moving.  But if these things pass, and a move to Texas is likely, he would be much more likely to leave, but still likely on January, as he would Stick out for the final games in his hometown.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Wheres your Norwood figure from?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/08/report-leeds-united-close-to-signing-brightons-oliver-norwood-fo/

Albeit I didnt realise he was close to signing for Leeds.

If Martin is "not great" (proven Championship goalscorer who can hold the ball up) I'd suggest your expectations are a little high.

Ojo has been suggested to a few teams on loan.

Agree on Martin. Has scored over 10 goals last 4 seasons in the Championship (20,18,14,10). In addition he is good focal point for attacks and can hold the ball up. Would expect him to be on big wages though and I think he has some years left on his contract. In addition he is 30 so not a long term replacement for Graham. A loan would be interesting.

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

KHODs verdict is spot on.. Some of our fans(many) have fell in love with Venkys. They actually believe they are good for the club. Unreal.

Woah, hold on there cowboy. The first sentence may be right, but after you said I was spot on, that’s all you pal, I didn’t and never have said that. ?

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Also, not saying it means anything, but Harry Chapman has just uploaded a photo of Danny Graham (who he’s sitting opposite) onto his Instagram story...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Also, not saying it means anything, but Harry Chapman has just uploaded a photo of Danny Graham (who he’s sitting opposite) onto his Instagram story...

Love that Champman never changed his twitter profile. Still with Blackburn background and the bromance image with him and Dack

image.png.e8b2c6ca674703b85736c8db6d0f4b55.png

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

The chance of a deal tomorrow must be very low. No money left.

Christ, you make Stuart, 47er and Roverandout look chirpy!

You've been banging on like this for days, why don't you change your user name? 'Harbinger of doom', something like that would work...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I take your point but it gets tiring reading statements like "we have no money left" "Venkys out" etc.

I guess they could take back the budget but with all the new contracts,Armstrong signing, bids for Bauer and Mowbray's comments about still having money to spend then I don't see how any one can think that we have no money left?

My grievance with what's going on now is we are leaving things so late, I would have expected key positions to be filled by now, tomorrow at the latest but maybe it's the market that's dictating why a C.f. and Winger haven't been brought in(although I don't know if Mowbray see a pacey wide man as a priority, he would be for me)

And by the way this is me not defending Venkys or thinking they are good owners id love for them to leave but Mowbray has been backed since he got here, nobody can really dispute that 

I agree but I dont think there is any distrust in the manager either so I feel like theres a bit of a myth that people think hes a liar or dishonest. Just wanted to add a bit of balance on that front.

The main thing that makes me slightly less hopeful about tomorrow is Mowbrays comments today about the loan market. For me, especially considering his comments prior about not being too reliant on loans, we need to be doing the brunt of our business tomorrow, with maybe a suggestion of a further loan to add to Palmer after, and even then, get that done as soon as possible. But happy to wait and see.

To be fair, some of the posters posts since suggest he may have been on the wind up anyway.

• Moderation Lead
44 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The mods and a selection of posters regularly wade in when "negativity" is brought up, but there is never anything about fans who repeatedly say we have no money, no money will be spent etc. It gets really old hearing it over and over again all summer 

Wrong again, someone was banned recently for that type of posting...

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

I couldn't remember the term you used.. The one regarding falling in love with your kidnappers..

I think you’re referring to ‘Stockholm Syndrome’ and whilst I know what that is, I know I’ve never used that to describe Rovers fans and their relationship with Venky’s. Though others have in the past, admittedly.