BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

• Moderation Lead

Just so we are all on the same page, if you think we’ve no money, can you explain that it’s an opinion, or if you’ve some proof or a link, then share it? Otherwise it comes across as winding people up. 

Cheers. 

(I’ll stop posting for a bit as this isn’t all about me).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

I think you’re referring to ‘Stockholm Syndrome’ and whilst I know what that is, I know I’ve never used that to describe Rovers fans and their relationship with Venky’s. Though others have in the past, admittedly.

thats the term.. You used it the other day in reply to me.. I'd never heard of it until then..

1 minute ago, AdamRochina said:

if we were to fall back on Chapman after mowbrays comments swell as Armstrong does that mean most of mowbrays plan a targets didn't happen so we went with what we know?

If we sign Chapman, in addition to Armstrong, how exactly have we improved on last seasons league one team?

1 minute ago, AdamRochina said:

if we were to fall back on Chapman after mowbrays comments swell as Armstrong does that mean most of mowbrays plan a targets didn't happen so we went with what we know?

Pretty much I would suggest, or Middlesbrough have accepted a lower offer for him that we perhaps originally offered to help boos their funds for Bolasie... That would be my guess. 

1 minute ago, Bepeja43 said:

If we sign Chapman, in addition to Armstrong, how exactly have we improved on last seasons league one team?

Lads didn't play together in same side for a kick off... 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

Depends how good Chapman really is and if he stays injury free. You’ll recall we didn’t have his services for most of his loan spell.

Edited by CD_93

Just now, Bepeja43 said:

We get them for a full season. They didn't even play at the same time. Palmer has come in as an upgrade on Payne who only were here for half a season. Davenport and Rothwell has given more depth. 

The whole premise of that question is that we don't add anybody else which we certainly will.

• Like 2

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Because they will be our players! Plus most people would have taken that squad (with maybe the exception of Antonsson) to at least consolidate in 't championship.

I beg to differ.. We need improving.. That now seems a distant hope.

4 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

But looking at it another way we will not be worse which is already an improvement on the last few years. That is therefore a positive and a reason for optimism even if it proves to be ill founded.

• Like 1

Or both Graham and Chapman live in the Middlesbrough area, Graham has had the day or afternoon off training, as has Chapman after Boro's game last night so went for a catch up.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

No, I'd say it was all a clever plot by Mowbray to get the best deal. Probably 

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Chapman just shared a video on instagram of himself with Dann Graham and he wrote "the big dog". 

Read into that what you will

You are Danny Graham?

Edited by bluebruce
Snap, Windy!
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Boroblue said:

But looking at it another way we will not be worse which is already an improvement on the last few years. That is therefore a positive and a reason for optimism even if it proves to be ill founded.

Not to be pedantic but of course it weakens us. We are playing at a significantly higher level with the same first team. Wigan strolled L1, even though we should have caught them, and they’ve already brought in three first team improvements - as well as several to improve the bench. We’ve just improved our bench.

Not expecting big things tomorrow, although the Chapman link looks very real now. Hope the loan window bring actual improvements rather than additions which maintain the status quo.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Chapman just shared a video on instagram of himself with Dann Graham and he wrote "the big dog". 

Read into that what you will

I also find it interesting that his twitter background still shows him in a rovers kit and it says “Harry Chapman Blackburn Rovers”.

I think he will be coming.  Preferably a season long loan for me.  He can then sign with us from 1st Jan as free agent ( not sure if tribunal fee would be due).

• Like 1

Just now, Grez said:

I also find it interesting that his twitter background still shows him in a rovers kit and it says “Harry Chapman Blackburn Rovers”.

I think he will be coming.  Preferably a season long loan for me.  He can then sign with us from 1st Jan as free agent ( not sure if tribunal fee would be due).

I would be very happy with that but how would it be in Boros interest to agree to such a deal?