BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Not to be pedantic but of course it weakens us. We are playing at a significantly higher level with the same first team. Wigan strolled L1, even though we should have caught them, and they’ve already brought in three first team improvements - as well as several to improve the bench. We’ve just improved our bench.

Not expecting big things tomorrow, although the Chapman link looks very real now. Hope the loan window bring actual improvements rather than additions which maintain the status quo.

So if Wigan strolled league 1 and we should have won it, does that mean we strolled it too? Didn't seem like a stroll to me at times! More like an ultra marathon 

Wigans business this summer had been worse than ours. Debatable if any of those signings will improve them. 

Whats the opposite of rose tinted spectacles?? 

6 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

We desparatly need a targetman.. I haven't even seen us linked with any.. Does TM feel we don't need one?

If you had read the links being posted to you, you would have read that "A striker is top of Mowbray’s wishlist" according to local journalist Rich Sharpe.

Under Mowbray, very little leaks out as far as linked players

I must be one of a small number who wouldn't be completely enthused by Chapman. I'd be content as it seems he's a popular team member and clearly has potential there, but given his injury record and given Mowbray's reluctance to play him in the league below this I wouldn't look upon him as immediately and significantly improving our team. He'd be a good option off the bench yes, provide pace yes, but perhaps we need someone ready to come straight in and hit the ground running, not an untested kid with significant injury issues recently. 

Not against the idea, would trust Mowbray on that one, but wouldn't be too excited by it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would be very happy with that but how would it be in Boros interest to agree to such a deal? 

Tribunal would apply given his age. Boro would never agree to a loan unless a new contract is signed. So probably has to be a sale. A lot of deal on deadline days if often dependendant on selling club getting players in first, Chapman can very well be one of those given he has been on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Suppose it depends on the player.  If he's said he won't sign an extension, it gives longer to negotiate a fee or let it go to a tribunal as they are guaranteed comp.

But if he is here on loan for the season and out of contract in the summer why we would we pay a fee? 

Also, if he is out of contract, does it still go to tribunal, oh ya it does actually doesn't it? Same as Mahony here. So we would pay a fee to save it going to tribunal. 

OK, answered my own question. Carry on :)

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would be very happy with that but how would it be in Boros interest to agree to such a deal? 

Better than paying his wages if not playing

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, briansol said:

If you had read the links being posted to you, you would have read that "A striker is top of Mowbray’s wishlist" according to local journalist Rich Sharpe.

Under Mowbray, very little leaks out as far as linked players

I keep reading Chris martin this and that.. But there's no suggestion at all he's a target.

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I must be one of a small number who wouldn't be completely enthused by Chapman. I'd be content as it seems he's a popular team member and clearly has potential there, but given his injury record and given Mowbray's reluctance to play him in the league below this I wouldn't look upon him as immediately and significantly improving our team. He'd be a good option off the bench yes, provide pace yes, but perhaps we need someone ready to come straight in and hit the ground running, not an untested kid with significant injury issues recently. 

Not against the idea, would trust Mowbray on that one, but wouldn't be too excited by it.

Got to be honest.  He is the most talented winger I've seen seen at Rovers since Duff.  Yes he may have to start as an impact sub and there's always the worry  with injuries...but we  haven't had game changers on the bench in ages.  Potential of him and Armstrong would be great to watch develop.  Especially compared to some of the **** we've watched over the last nigh on a decade.

Won't sign now lol.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

I keep reading Chris martin this and that.. But there's no suggestion at all he's a target.

Nobody said he was a target did they?A few people mentioned him as someone who they would like to come in not that we have been directly in for him.

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

Nobody said he was a target did they?A few people mentioned him as someone who they would like to come in not that we have been directly in for him.

ok I just don't see the point in doing that. It just causes confusion.

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Got to be honest.  He is the most talented winger I've seen seen at Rovers since Duff.  Yes he may have to start as an impact sub and there's always the worry  with injuries...but we  haven't had game changers on the bench in ages.  Potential of him and Armstrong would be great to watch develop.  Especially compared to some of the **** we've watched over the last nigh on a decade.

Won't sign now lol.

I’d be happy with Chapman. Exciting player with bags of potential and an England international through all the age groups so far! Same as Armstrong really - bags of potential and has been quality for us when played. No brainer for the right price!

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Bepeja43 said:

ok I just don't see the point in doing that. It just causes confusion.

It's a discussion thread tbf. Links only kind of info is in the links only thread.

In this one we have the flexibility to discuss who we think would be decent targets even if not linked :)

14 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

You are correct. That was just a name suggested here by someone who said he fit the profile. 

So far the only "real" striker links is Nhcema of Man City on loan (Alan Nixon) and Sam Gallagher (Rich Sharpe replied in a tweet that he could be a target).