BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Getting chapman back would be a very good move. It's easy to see his potential and he is worth the gamble imo. He's also been impressive for Boro in pre season. 

People forget that we didn't have Armstrong for the full season, and we hardly had chapman at all. Along with that I think palmer is an excellent addition and Davenport COULD be very good. We are definitely stronger than last season, although I would say the league is a bigger improvement compared to the improvement of the squad. That was always gonna be the case sadly, that just means the existing players will have to step there game up, and I have trust in TM to get the best out of them.

Having said all that, get a centre forward on a perm deal tomorrow is essential in my eyes. 

33 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Not sure why there's negativity about loan deals. 

There's so much strength in depth across most prem squads the youngsters really are up against it trying to make the breakthrough. Even teams like Everton now have quality in most positions. 

From a personal point of view, and I might be being completely old fashioned and out of touch here, but I want to see our "own" players turning out for us, I Don't really want to see a revolving door policy of half the side being made up of a different set of toan players from other Clubs notionally wearing the blue and white halves every twelve months.

Then from an objective point of view I think there are a number of drawbacks of over-reliance on loan players:

1)When things aren't going well, will they be as committed as permanent signings?

2) As a rule of thumb Clubs Don't let their best players out on Loan. You're generally looking at players Clubs Don't want or young lads from Prem. Clubs with no first team experience who may not even make it at senior level.

3) When you sign players on loan, are you signing the players you really want in the positions you actually want or merely padding out the squad because said player is available and  It's a cheaper alternative to paying fees etc

4) Loans Don't add value to the squad

etc etc

• Like 1

From Skysports football transfer centre

BLACKBURN LAUNCH FREEMAN BID

Blackburn have launched a £4m bid for QPR midfielder Luke Freeman, according to Sky sources.

Middlesbrough and Sheffield United have previously showed interest in the player. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, briansol said:

You are correct. That was just a name suggested here by someone who said he fit the profile. 

So far the only "real" striker links is Nhcema of Man City on loan (Alan Nixon) and Sam Gallagher (Rich Sharpe replied in a tweet that he could be a target). 

I'd be happy with Sam Gallagher.

We've no money they said!

They want a striker on a permanent too. Last week we offered 3m upfront for Sam Gallagher, weve been haggling ever since.

Tomorrow is going to be fun.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rebelzero said:

From Skysports football transfer centre

BLACKBURN LAUNCH FREEMAN BID

Blackburn have launched a £4m bid for QPR midfielder Luke Freeman, according to Sky sources.

Middlesbrough and Sheffield United have previously showed interest in the player. 

Wow... 

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

From a personal point of view, and I might be being completely old fashioned and out of touch here, but I want to see our "own" players turning out for us, I Don't really want to see a revolving door policy of half the side being made up of a different set of toan players from other Clubs notionally wearing the blue and white halves every twelve months.

Then from an objective point of view I think there are a number of drawbacks of over-reliance on loan players:

1)When things aren't going well, will they be as committed as permanent signings?

2) As a rule of thumb Clubs Don't let their best players out on Loan. You're generally looking at players Clubs Don't want or young lads from Prem. Clubs with no first team experience who may not even make it at senior level.

3) When you sign players on loan, are you signing the players you really want in the positions you actually want or merely padding out the squad because said player is available and  It's a cheaper alternative to paying fees etc

4) Loans Don't add value to the squad

etc etc

Agree with you if any loans come in you would be hoping it will have a clause in the deal making it permanent in Jan.

Not against 1 or 2 loan signings later in the window if they are proven not kids.