BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Disclaimer- I’m NOT A FAN OF THE VENKYS.

As Iv said before from several inside people...Venkys never refuse to pay the bill. They’ve had advisors around them at various stages with ‘strategies’ that meant lots of their money (millions) were spent on non frontline costs. I mean our agents fees have been astronomical over the years.

The accounts show that Venkys have no issues spending money. If they’d spent 90% of it on transfers and infrastructure we’d be in a very different place right now...£110m+ out of their own pockets? 

Never said you were a fan of them, to be fair. 

It was more in response to your mention of the ‘narrative’ on here, which was a bit mischievous and we don’t need. 

Any fan of the club would want us to spend as much as we could, I’ve no doubt about that....

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

1) in recent experience yes most definitely 

2) on the whole yes we'd be looking at youngsters but an average prem player who's out of favour can easily slot in as the best player in a championship team as well

3) well that's at the managers discretion really 

4) true and that's the only real downside, but with our finances how they are it's not always plausible to throw money about on permanent signings

Some of our better players recently have been loan players, same for other clubs too it's a recurring theme

We also relied heavily on loan signings the last time we were in the Championship and that resulted in relegation irrespective of who the manager was.

The trouble we have regarding a striker, is that unless we pull a major rabbitt out of the hat whoever we sign knows they will be coming as backup/cover to DG. Its a hard sell that to anyone who is decent.

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

We also relied heavily on loan signings the last time we were in the Championship and that resulted in relegation irrespective of who the manager was.

Fair statement. Prefer permanent for the future. Loan players we cannot afford to buy like Palmer. Also acceptable to fill out the squad. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Dominic Shawcross tweeting that Josh Windass is going to Ipswich but weve shown late interest. Like Freeman, both I'd question in terms of Mowbrays priorities, but also be very excited. Both have impressive stats and have impressed me when ive watched them.

We need a wide player. Windass is this. Freeman is more of a playmaker or wide midfielder cutting in. 

But we need a striker, midfielder, centre back and keeper. 2 or 3 of them in tomorrow would be good. 

Hilarious how it's been quite on here all day then at bed time everything has all of a sudden kicked off... Agents are right stiring keaners! Obviously trying to force through moves etc... 

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We need a wide player. Windass is this. Freeman is more of a playmaker or wide midfielder cutting in. 

But we need a striker, midfielder, centre back and keeper. 2 or 3 of them in tomorrow would be good. 

Agreed on Windass. Looks like that one might be too late if the rumour is true. Both him and Freeman would be exciting signings though.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why do we need a keeper?

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good signing He would be. Deep Playmaker there

Very good. Would be good signing

Is he a deep sitting player? Others seem to suggest he’s played further forward:

Like Ruaney said a day or two ago I didn’t think of midfield as a priority but if a player came in to improve the first 11 I’m well up for it.

Given the choice between one and a striker though it’s a front man in first for me 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Is he a deep sitting player? Others seem to suggest he’s played further forward:

Like Ruaney said a day or two ago I didn’t think of midfield as a priority but if a player came in to improve the first 11 I’m well up for it.

Given the choice between one and a striker though it’s a front man in first for me 

I agree on the last statement. 

I seen him play wide or in midfield 3 in 3-5-2 formation