BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Maybe we've gone and swung the other way. Once upon a time avoided shelling out big fees but happy to stick wasters on huge contracts, now we're being more sensible on wages and contracts but prepared to shell out a bit more on transfer fees? Probably a better way of dodging those FFP rules.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, briansol said:

Always liked Kalinic myself. Had something about with movement and decent touch. Was just to weak for Premier League. Can see why he blossomed in a less physical league, but never expected him to reach the level he has.

I thought he could have been the new Matt Jansen. He was a bit unlucky I thought. Just starting to play well when he got sent off in one game. Playing great in that cup tie at Villa then having to  be sacrificed when Samba lost the plot and got himself sent off.

WOW - I dont think I have ever left this message board for six hours and had to come back to so many pages !

At least its potential signings and not fit birds or arguments about positivity.

4 million - are we really? What the hell was our budget then? Someone mentioned it might be total 10 mil as that is the difference in revenue between the leagues or something a while back on here if i remember?

2 mil on Armstrong (up front at least), lets say for arguments sake a million for Davenport and Rothwell and now we are bidding 4 mil on Martin Freeman and close to 2 mil on Trapp Door? 

53 minutes ago, Neal said:

Hilarious how it's been quite on here all day then at bed time everything has all of a sudden kicked off... Agents are right stiring keaners! Obviously trying to force through moves etc... 

Yep very likely some agent-'leaked' rumours in these coming out now. What's interesting is that we haven't been used in fake rumours to drum up interest earlier in the window. I suspect it is only happening now because we finally splashed out, on Arma, so now the claims of having money finally sound believable and we can be used.

I'd expect we do have bids in for quite a few, but we weren't hearing about them before. Some of these will be true, but I doubt it's simply that Ewood has sprung a huge leak suddenly.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Maybe we've gone and swung the other way. Once upon a time avoided shelling out big fees but happy to stick wasters on huge contracts, now we're being more sensible on wages and contracts but prepared to shell out a bit more on transfer fees? Probably a better way of dodging those FFP rules.

Yeah and if they don't work out  we don't spend year's paying off their contracts like Murphy,Etuhu etc 

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought he could have been the new Matt Jansen. He was a bit unlucky I thought. Just starting to play well when he got sent off in one game. Playing great in that cup tie at Villa then having to  be sacrificed when Samba lost the plot and got himself sent off.

Always looked good when the ball was on the deck, actually looked better under Kean briefly than big Sam and there's virtually no one else you could say that about. Mutley being Mutley though soon found excuse to freeze him out and flog him after Dasterdly smelled a transfer fee percentage, wouldn't be surprised if they own shares in him still he does move about for big money a lot !

I see a lot of players being mentioned in links with us. What's concerning me is we seem to be looking at players that all fit into the same style.

I don't see a coherent team formation emerging yet. Why get this Palmer lad in if we're looking at Freeman and we've already signed Rothwell  and given Conway a new contact. I can't get away from the feeling we are signing plenty of bricklayers but no hod carriers.

We're running around like lottery winners in Tesco's.

1 minute ago, ewoodnews said:

We have a number of bids in but nothing that I can be 100% on. So wouldn't want to confirm anything.

Ahhhh this guy!! Good to have you back. Get an early night pal, we need you fresh for our updates tmrw! ???

1 minute ago, david brent said:

Anyone else follow Harry Chapman on twitter?

Has he always had a cover photo of himself in a Rovers kit or has he recently changed it to that? 

Had it for ages, damo. 

• Like 1

Must remember to bring the phone charger with me to work tomorrow. Not felt like that in a long time on a transfer deadline day. Bit by bit, piece by piece, Tony Mowbray is astutely turning us into a proper football club again. 

I can remember in my younger days, on Football Manager, the day before the deadline, in went the bids for the A, B, C and Z list! Feels a bit like that. Tony appears to have finally guessed the pin code to Madame's credit card. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I see a lot of players being mentioned in links with us. What's concerning me is we seem to be looking at players that all fit into the same style.

I don't see a coherent team formation emerging yet. Why get this Palmer lad in if we're looking at Freeman and we've already signed Rothwell  and given Conway a new contact. I can't get away from the feeling we are signing plenty of bricklayers but no hod carriers.

We're running around like lottery winners in Tesco's.

Eh? You’re concerned that all the players fit into the same (Mowbray’s) style? But at the same time CANT see a coherent team formation? AND you’d prefer us to be buying less quality and more hard workers? 

This a joke? 

19 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

For conversations sake, and if the rumours are true, a window that saw us bring in Gallagher (loan or perm), Chapman, Freeman and Bauer in addition to Armstrong, Palmer, Rothwell and Davenport, it ain't far off a perfect window for me.

You're easily pleased. My ideal window would be bringing in Maguire, De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku on top of what we've already got. Still, there's always the January window......

• Like 1