BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, if Venky’s are anything, it’s unpredictable. They’re either flashing the cash or being tighter than a duck’s ass. 

If we got Freeman, Chapman and a decent striker you would have to think that Venkys have bought into TM's vision of the club for the future.

On the other hand maybe hope is destroying my judgement! :blush:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Ok, here’s my wish list for 5pm.

- Chapman (£1.5m)

- Striker (loan with view to perm)

- Big money (£4m) creative midfielder 

I'd rather go big money on a striker and bring in a midfielder on loan if deemed necessary.

Agree on Chapman.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd rather go big money on a striker and bring in a midfielder on loan if deemed necessary.

Agree on Chapman.

Fair enough. I don’t think you can buy a decent striker for £4m hence why I’d loan one...but we’ll see!! ??

My Prediction:

Nmecha Loan

Freeman 4m

Bauer 1m

Thrilled with that. Deal for the American midfielder in the winter window.

Travis, Davenport and Bennett all provide enough comp at Centre mid.

Happy Deadline day! 

Edited by Fraserkirky

7 minutes ago, USRoverME said:

So, I have a "fool proof" and totally realistic plan to make the Trapp transfer happen.

I'll be seeing Brad Friedel on Saturday.  Now, never mind that 15,000 others will be there, and that he is managing the home team that night.  Those are meaningless details.  

I'll simply catch up with him.  After all, as a Rovers fan, he has to tall to me. And I will tell him to call Trapp up, and tell him, one Ohioan to another, how wonderful a Lancashire winter is for footballing.  I'll make sure he sneaks in that story about that one time, he scored that goal, and how great it feels to score a goal in the Premiership.

Its in the bag.  What could go wrong?

As someone who lived in Ohio for a year, I actually prefer the winter Lancashire weather, it's the other 9 months that Ohio has us beat! 

Trapp doesn't seem like he should be tomorrow's priority, and if he is he will already be on a plane landing this morning.

Edited by Angry_Pirate

44 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

My Prediction:

Gallagher 3m raising to 5m with adds ons

Freeman 4m

Bauer 1m

Thrilled with that. Deal for the American midfielder in the winter window.

Travis, Davenport and Bennett all provide enough comp at Centre mid.

Happy Deadline day! 

That I would be happy with. 

Sign a keeper on loan after the permanent deadline 

7 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Be honest. A bit of you will be gutted if we finish up spending £7-8m on fees this window won’t it? Kinda kills a few of the narratives on here...??‍♂️

The sub-narrative being that “a few” view cautionary fans as “happy If we lose” and “unhappy if we do well”.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

That said, if we are going to spend £7-8m this window and have left business so late then it is to be expected that we at least recruit for positions where we are short. Striker and centre back and two wingers - unless Mowbray is going with wing backs then we are a wing back short, possibly two.

• Like 1

One of the potential issues with Rovers keeping their targets largely under wraps - is that teams wanting to make other teams aware of a players availability can leak Rovers supposed interest. Very quickly the rumour spreads to the extent no one knows where it came from.

Hopefully wrong - but £4m on Freedman seems a little rich - especially when we have more pressing needs elsewhere.

Transfer deadline day - let the madness begin. But everyone remember - no melt down if we don't sign anyone today - there is still the loan window ?

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We also relied heavily on loan signings the last time we were in the Championship and that resulted in relegation irrespective of who the manager was.

Ridiculous comparison. We all know who's responsible for our relegation, I'm not having it that you're THAT stupid.... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

The sub-narrative being that “a few” view cautionary fans as “happy If we lose” and “unhappy if we do well”.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

That said, if we are going to spend £7-8m this window and have left business so late then it is to be expected that we at least recruit for positions where we are short. Striker and centre back and two wingers - unless Mowbray is going with wing backs then we are a wing back short, possibly two.

I don’t for one minute think anyone posting on here wants Rovers to lose. 100%.

BUT I do see (and I’m not alone) that should Rovers continue spending as has been reported that it will piss on quite a few people’s chips on here. The funny part is watching them. Rather than just say ‘I was wrong’ they go very quiet and then change the narrative putting emphasis on other potential negatives like ‘we left it too late’ or ‘at least recruit the positions where we are short’. Ultimately those two statements cannot really be quantified because no one knows what TM’s strategy actually is. How do we know we aren’t timing this perfectly in terms of quality vs cost? The wingers thing baffles me too because TM hasn’t played wingers since came here. Even when he has wingers at his disposal he inverts them so they’re cutting in. So why would HE buy wingers now? And if he doesn’t, how can people claim he hasn’t got those targets when he never even wanted them? Weird. 

The narrative coming from TM and the club is that he wants another 4/5 and based upon the reliable sources and the bids being reported he wants a CF on loan with option to buy, a marquee midfielder, another DM possibly, Cover at CB and cover at GK. 

In all honesty I’d only be upset if we didn’t get another striker.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 7

No one can deny Venkys turned the club from a solid Prem outfit into a league 1 team. However, those with comments along the lines of Venkys light is red or funding had been stopped may have to re-analyse the view if we spend some of the funds mentioned.

Even last year, some argued they didn't finance the team much as Steel offset Dack. The sales didn't materialise and this summer I don't think there was a single semi-serious link of a key player leaving. TM has brought the club a decent way back; if he doesn't want a winger enough to pay the rates asked, have to trust the squad he assembles.

• Like 2

Could be an interesting day.

But if we sign nobody, the loans window remains open and we headroom before hitting the limit for number of loans allowed.

And we are already at least as strong as we were at the end of last season and the trip to Ipswich suggests that will be good enough to avoid an early return to League 1. 

Would have liked McGinn but Freeman more of a known quantity at this level. Having said that we signed Gladwin from QPR..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Ridiculous comparison. We all know who's responsible for our relegation, I'm not having it that you're THAT stupid.... 

Not going to sink to your level and resort to hurling insults but it is not a ridiculous comparison at all. I'm merely stating facts. You Don't like it because it doesn't suit your argument.

55 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t for one minute think anyone posting on here wants Rovers to lose. 100%.

BUT I do see (and I’m not alone) that should Rovers continue spending as has been reported that it will piss on quite a few people’s chips on here. The funny part is watching them. 

We've not spent much more than last summer so far, so lets not get giddy.

Why would any of these supposed 'negative' posters care less about their chips being pissed on? We all want Blackburn Rovers to prosper, if we didn't we wouldn't be spending work time, leisure time, family time, all our bloody time F5-ing this message board!

Some folk on here remember very well that we have been repeatedly burnt by these owners, so they are wary.  It doesn't mean they don't trust Mowbray, or doesn't mean they don't think the club is generally in a better place than it was a couple of summers ago (we don't even need to delve into the fiasco of summer 2016) . 

Just remember, we thought the club had turned a corner in 2014, when we had a load of good Championship players, increasing season ticket sales, a club frontman (Myers) saying all the right things, a load of good PR - how did that work out?

And if you get pleasure out anonymous people on the internet supposedly being upset by their club buying players, then good for you, I suppose... 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just seen on Chapman's Instagram he caught up DG for a coffee yesterday, Does he still live out that way or did Tony send him as a chauffeur ?

Chapman doesn't seem to be part of Boro's plans, Im confident we will see him in the famous blue and white again however i think it will be a loan with the option to buy. 

Surely we won’t be spending £4m on a player will we?  If so I can see the dark days of a few years ago returning quickly.  We just can’t have that kind of money.  I expect we’ll sign a maximum of 1 player today then bring in a couple on loan. A goal scorer has got to be priority.