BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

9 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Eh? You’re concerned that all the players fit into the same (Mowbray’s) style? But at the same time CANT see a coherent team formation? AND you’d prefer us to be buying less quality and more hard workers? 

This a joke? 

I'm a bit puzzled as to why we seem to be buying several midfield players when we desperately need a target man style striker,  neither of  Gallagher or Armstrong fills that role for me. We also need another centre half and a reserve goalkeeper would be useful.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm a bit puzzled as to why we seem to be buying several midfield players when we desperately need a target man style striker,  neither of  Gallagher or Armstrong fills that role for me. We also need another centre half and a reserve goalkeeper would be useful.

Freeman would be a far more exciting and game changing purchase than a reserve goalkeeper or centre half 

42 minutes ago, sparky12 said:

Just seen on Chapman's Instagram he caught up DG for a coffee yesterday, Does he still live out that way or did Tony send him as a chauffeur ?

Chapman doesn't seem to be part of Boro's plans, Im confident we will see him in the famous blue and white again however i think it will be a loan with the option to buy. 

Last year of contract so a loan isn't going to happen. 

Edited by Neal

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Do you not think Gallagher could develop? Got the height.  Easy to bulk up. Decent turn of foot and good in front of goal from what we saw of him.  Don't think there is much better out there that we can afford - that we know will integrate with the squad.

Keeper -surely a cheap loan will bring in some experience.

Cm is a weird one - yes we could improve it but we could cope not doing.

CB.  Wanted us to sign a big aerially dominant CB for ages. The type you can. Chuck up front for the last 5 mins!

And we definitely need a pacey wide man.

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

I'd be disappointed with Jerome myself. He's pretty poor, and constantly misses sitters. Sort of like Heskey, tries hard but has no ability.

Heskey had plenty of ability. He lost a bit of confidence somewhere along the line but he was an excellent player, and always seemed to score against us.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Neal said:

Last year of contract so a loan is going to happen. 

If he is in the last year of his contract, an injury prone player and his agent aren't going to put him at risk of having no income in June. If he goes, he'll leave on a permanent contract. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pedro said:

If he is in the last year of his contract, an injury prone player and his agent aren't going to put him at risk of having no income in June. If he goes, he'll leave on a permanent contract. 

Meant to say "isn't" pal

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Do you not think Gallagher could develop? Got the height.  Easy to bulk up. Decent turn of foot and good in front of goal from what we saw of him.  Don't think there is much better out there that we can afford - that we know will integrate with the squad.

Keeper -surely a cheap loan will bring in some experience.

Cm is a weird one - yes we could improve it but we could cope not doing.

CB.  Wanted us to sign a big aerially dominant CB for ages. The type you can. Chuck up front for the last 5 mins!

And we definitely need a pacey wide man.

Pretty much agree with all this except the CM area, we might be well stocked body wise but not one of them is good enough to compete in the top half of this league. If there is a chance to improve in that area we must take it.

• Like 1

Just now, Pedro said:

It goes to tribunal anyway.If Boro were to loan him out and he had a good season, maybe receiving an under 21 call up then the tribunal fee would be higher. If they were to sell him now, what would they recieve  800k-1million?They are likely to get that at tribunal as it stands anyway 

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Pretty much agree with all this except the CM area, we might be well stocked body wise but not one of them is good enough to compete in the top half of this league. If there is a chance to improve in that area we must take it.

I agree we could improve it.  However, if we don't - it isn't the end of the world.  I thought Davenport would be slotted in there -unless now he's been here a bit, TM doesn't think he's up to it.

Got to get a quality wide man imo. (Unless either of the new lads are? Have to admit I know little about Davenport and Rothwell.)

Bennett and Smallwood would be a tough 2 in a 4-2-3-1 offering a lot of protection. For that to work though Bennett needs to not be needed at right mid. And whilst I feel Armstrong could do a job out wide, am not too convinced that's a position for Samuel.  

Probably the most exciting window deadline day there has been with Venkys. 

2 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Absolutely hating being at work on Deadline Day. Finish at 3 and then it's time to hot foot it home for a couple of hours with Jim White. 

Come on Harry lad, get back to Rovers and I am sure Costa Coffee will give you a lifetime of free tea. 

Hahaha your listening to the Jim white show with me Jim White bringing you news brought to you by me Jim white. 

*advert for wickes DIY

*advert for selco

ahhh welcome back it’s me Jim white on deadline day........

Yep can imagine it!

• Like 3

Just now, Blue blood said:

Got to get a quality wide man imo. (Unless either of the new lads are? Have to admit I know little about Davenport and Rothwell.)

Bennett and Smallwood would be a tough 2 in a 4-2-3-1 offering a lot of protection. For that to work though Bennett needs to not be needed at right mid. And whilst I feel Armstrong could do a job out wide, am not too convinced that's a position for Samuel.  

Palmer, Rothwell and Armstrong can 'do a job' out there. A natural winger would be better though for sure

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Don't get the Freeman link.  One decent season in his career to date -  doesn't strike me as being anything special.  Left Bristol for £350k so they can't have rated him much.

If it's Luke Freeman then I'd be happy. Like a young Conway with quality. I've followed his career since starting out at arsenal as a young lad.

We could do worse