BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

We aren't the only ones interested in Freeman apparently. Also we are going back with a bigger bid. All according to Graeme Bailey, who is pretty reliable. 

Freeman must be some player. If we sign him and Gallagher I would say we are in a good place squad wise. Centre half and goalkeeper can be loans to buy 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Is Freeman all that then? I've been hoping for Chapman all close season purely because he is one hot prospect. The cameos he made from the bench were almost always exciting at the very least. He still a little green, but man, the potential. I've never seen Freeman play, so I have to confess ignorance on that part.

Suppose if TM wants him, that's good enough for me.

Oh, as an aside, it would be lovely if our resident ITK folk could maybe lay off the 'oooh it's going down!'-style posts just for the day. Nobody is in the mood for crypticisms, and it reeks of wanton attention seeking on days like this.

Edited by Give 'Em the Axe
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ChrisyG said:

A couple of rumours on twitter that Rangers keeper Wes Foderingham is on the radar

Transfer news LIVE: Wes Foderingham set to join Blackburn Rovers? https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-13054295

Decent keeper, but would prefer someone with championship experience 

7 minutes ago, Madon said:

I'll be extremely surprised if we got Freeman today after the QPR chairman saying he's not for sale on Twitter last night!

Yeah Fernandes would look a fool if they sold Freeman after his Twitter posts.

Hope we don't spend the day upping our bids if there is absolutely no chance of getting him.Wouldnt be paying over 4 million for him.

7 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

LT seemingly writing off Chapman as a signing today.  Possibly later in loan window if Boro sign Bolasie.  Not having it myself!??

I'd be chuffed with Champan on loan with an option to buy....even more so than a permanant deal straight off. Low risk in case the hamstrings arent right.

Its a funny one this window. The team spirit is obviously fantastic, but too many incomers would be easy to disrupt that. 

I cant see Why a keeper is a priority. Mowbray must not rate Leutweiler at all.

• Like 1

Would like to see us have 2 perm signings with one Marque signing today, we seemingly do have the money to spend and would be great if we could pull off a bargain. QPR fans seem to think that Freeman is worth around 8 million so the 4 million quoted could be that. An ambitious move for a premier league forward has also been mooted, any idea on who that is? 

37 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Heskey had plenty of ability. He lost a bit of confidence somewhere along the line but he was an excellent player, and always seemed to score against us.

I'll politely disagree. He was a flash in the pan at Leicester, then became the most useless striker in terms of actually creating and putting away chances. His international record is something like 8 goals in 55 games. You might as well have paid Gavin Henson or Mike Find all to change sport and run around giving defenders the physical stuff. His 1 goal every season was usually against us though.

Just now, TruRover said:

Would like to see us have 2 perm signings with one Marque signing today, we seemingly do have the money to spend and would be great if we could pull off a bargain. QPR fans seem to think that Freeman is worth around 8 million so the 4 million quoted could be that. An ambitious move for a premier league forward has also been mooted, any idea on who that is? 

Ings? He is the only forward that isn't a youngster that seems available but I doubt that would ever happen.

1 minute ago, benhben said:

I'd be chuffed with Champan on loan with an option to buy....even more so than a permanant deal straight off. Low risk in case the hamstrings arent right.

Its a funny one this window. The team spirit is obviously fantastic, but too many incomers would be easy to disrupt that. 

I cant see Why a keeper is a priority. Mowbray must not rate Leutweiler at all.

Pretty certain the Canadian was signed purely because he was an international and it gaves us the option to move games on international weeks so we could avoid being without Mulgrew and to a lesser extent Evans. 

• Like 1

Just now, TruRover said:

. An ambitious move for a premier league forward has also been mooted, any idea on who that is? 

Probably the disgruntled Morata or Batshuayi.

seriously though, who mooted?

disappointed though that Man City is now back from their US tour and we have no one signing from there despite TM talking about it just before they left.

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t for one minute think anyone posting on here wants Rovers to lose. 100%.

BUT I do see (and I’m not alone) that should Rovers continue spending as has been reported that it will piss on quite a few people’s chips on here. The funny part is watching them. Rather than just say ‘I was wrong’ they go very quiet and then change the narrative putting emphasis on other potential negatives like ‘we left it too late’ or ‘at least recruit the positions where we are short’. Ultimately those two statements cannot really be quantified because no one knows what TM’s strategy actually is. How do we know we aren’t timing this perfectly in terms of quality vs cost? The wingers thing baffles me too because TM hasn’t played wingers since came here. Even when he has wingers at his disposal he inverts them so they’re cutting in. So why would HE buy wingers now? And if he doesn’t, how can people claim he hasn’t got those targets when he never even wanted them? Weird. 

The narrative coming from TM and the club is that he wants another 4/5 and based upon the reliable sources and the bids being reported he wants a CF on loan with option to buy, a marquee midfielder, another DM possibly, Cover at CB and cover at GK. 

In all honesty I’d only be upset if we didn’t get another striker.

That part in bold is exactly what I’m talking about. :rolleyes: You really think that Rovers spending big will “piss on my chips”? Really??

Now what I do want is for us to spend the money (that people think we suddenly have to spend - which wasn’t given to Lambert after an £8m player sale btw) to be spent in the right areas. Bowyer was awful at spending for the good of the team. Yes, he made us money as a club but that quickly vanished.

How about you “some people” have a bit of humility if we DON’T spend big this window. Don’t say things like “we are keeping our powder dry”, “the right players weren’t available” or “the player was too greedy”.

It’s like the last 8 years never happened for some people. Although depending on the age range of posters (something that would be useful to know) it may be that it would only have been 9 or 10 when Venkys rocked up. Any “spending big” is a drop in the ocean compared to the spending big we might have been doing had the Walkers sold to fit and proper owners rather than these buffoons.

Bring on the signings!

• Like 1

Ambitious striker I'm guessing is Gallagher.

I think we might end up being disappointed come 5pm, I'm sure we will be trying to get deals over the line but I can see time being against us and settling for the loan market.

If we do indeed have £4m to spend according to the rumours about the Freeman offer I'd prefer to spend it on Maddison & Bauer and then maybe bring in Chapman & Gallagher as loans with an option to buy. Job done...although, having said that, like a few others I worry that our central midfield options (despite there being lots of them) aren't good enough. Back-up keeper is the least pressing option for me.  

2 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

If we do indeed have £4m to spend according to the rumours about the Freeman offer I'd prefer to spend it on Maddison & Bauer and then maybe bring in Chapman & Gallagher as loans with an option to buy. Job done...although, having said that, like a few others I worry that our central midfield options (despite there being lots of them) aren't good enough. Back-up keeper is the least pressing option for me.  

I think we do need some genuine competition for Raya though to keep him on his toes. We saw in the last match that he can still have a clanger in him. problem with keepers is that you have to buy them really, as nobody is going to loan out a keeper just for him to sit on our bench, they will expect him to get minutes. A cheap but Championship experienced keeper would be good - not Steele! 

59 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Do you not think Gallagher could develop? Got the height.  Easy to bulk up. Decent turn of foot and good in front of goal from what we saw of him.  Don't think there is much better out there that we can afford - that we know will integrate with the squad.

Keeper -surely a cheap loan will bring in some experience.

Cm is a weird one - yes we could improve it but we could cope not doing.

CB.  Wanted us to sign a big aerially dominant CB for ages. The type you can. Chuck up front for the last 5 mins!

And we definitely need a pacey wide man.

I don't know to be honest. Bulking up would slow him down. You don't have to be big to be aggressive. It's in your nature. Kevin Davies is the only one I can think of who " developed " into an aggressive striker. I wouldn't have him as a replacement for Graham unless I'd no other options.