BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

I'm still hopeful till 5pm but it is looking like the Mcginn link and the 4 mill for freeman is smokes and mirrors and we'll end up with a couple of loans later on whom nobody wants 

I think the issue is not the transfer fees but the wages. We can't have Dack on say 15k a week and sign players on 20k. I have total faith that by the end of the day we will have signed 2 players and probably someone we haven't even talked about!

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Over a month ago the QPR owner went public with his stance that Freeman wasn't for sale.

I know it's not easy but if you have 4 million to spend on one single player I don't believe we couldn't have got a player in that would improve the first 11 by now

I agree with that. I am sure we could all list players who have moved for less that would improve our starting 11

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Athlete said:

I'm still hopeful till 5pm but it is looking like the Mcginn link and the 4 mill for freeman is smokes and mirrors and we'll end up with a couple of loans later on whom nobody wants 

Smoke and mirrors? Not sure the phrase applies when we actually made the bids 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

How negative is the messageboard this morning?

I bet Sharpe isnt even at Brockhall. 

I don't think it's negative. People just got their hopes up with the news we bid 4 million for a player. Now that bid had been rejected people are hoping we improve our first 11 with the money. Things are getting tight time wise 

• Like 2

A successful day today could put 1500 or more on the crowd this weekend, hell it could even put another 500 on season tickets. A poor day today will erode some of the goodwill and joy from last season, loans serve a purpose but permanent signings who we can count as our own are what brings people back to Ewood.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Athlete said:

I was having that exact same thought. Put a couple of meager bids in, which we know won’t be accepted, to keep the fans occupied. 

• Like 1

Sharpe saying that the bid did happen, no reason not to believe him.

Begs the question though, was it just a token bid to show people that we're "trying" or had we been given some encouragement by someone to think that it could have genuinely been enough?

I know some don't like "negative" comments, but we have to be real here, I honestly don't see anyone coming in today.

Mowbray has mentioned the loan window far too often really so I think that's his way of setting us up for all our last minute business being done there.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lancaster Rover said:

A successful day today could put 1500 or more on the crowd this weekend, hell it could even put another 500 on season tickets. A poor day today will erode some of the goodwill and joy from last season, loans serve a purpose but permanent signings who we can count as our own are what brings people back to Ewood.

Waggott's ST sales target isn't happening.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, imy9 said:

I think the issue is not the transfer fees but the wages. We can't have Dack on say 15k a week and sign players on 20k.

Surely that is the same issue at every club in the land. Doesn't stop other clubs from adding decent players and strengthening and doesn't immediately mean that team spirit etc. will be undermined.

If we were to sign a couple of quality Championship players who had proven themselves at Championship clubs then I would expect them to be on more than Dack, who hasn't proven himself at this level.

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Didn't start in champions league last night and hasn't featured much.

He'd come here if we tried

Mate I go and watch Celtic all the time, he plays regularly and loves being at Celtic. He's started 52 of a possible 68 league games, so the idea he doesn't play is shite

Edited by Lancaster Rover

Not at all confident that we will get anything done today, if we have £4 million to spend on one player why have we left it until the final few hours? It seems like we have no clear plan of who or what we want to bring in during this window. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

This messageboard makes me laugh - from doom and gloom  to out of this world positivity. And I absolutely love it.

I'm still in the quietly optimistic category but if we've still not heard anything by 2pm i'll start to get the rope out.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Not at all confident that we will get anything done today, if we have £4 million to spend of one player why have we left it until the final few hours. It seems like we have no clear plan who or what we want to bring in during this window. 

Too many lists. Too indecisive. Like going shopping with your wife.  Goes to every shop, tries on all manner of garb and buys nowt because she thinks she looks fat in all of them.

TM. That's you that is!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Me too.Went to sleep positive about things last night , booked today off work and now it's looking likely we will be doing feck all today 

Well I'm working till 10 tonight so fingers crossed when I get chance to come on here I'll see good news and not a post from a Chaddy with two minutes till the deadline saying something along the lines of there's still time trust Mowbray :lol: 

• Like 1