BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

Who's Dominic Shawcross??

Been rooting for us to get Marcus Maddison all summer. Very talented player, wideman and has got the delivery to match his pace. Would be a top signing for us and is arguably a better deal at 2.5 million than Freeman at 4+million.

• Like 1

There's clearly been something in the Maddison interest all summer long. For whatever reason it hasn't happened, perhaps because of concerns about his attitude, perhaps because he wanted to see if a better offer materialised or perhaps because we wanted to keep our options open on other possibilities, but I think we've been in the running on that one for many weeks.

I'd be pleased if we got him as I think he's a player with great potential and just what we need, along with a CF of course.

Agree, I've been trying to read their chairman's tweets like tea leaves.

Big fan of Maddison and a bargain for whoever gets him.

--edit--

bollocks

Edited by S8 & Blue

Just now, TruRover said:

If Maddison goes elsewhere then it's nobody's fault but our owns. Had all summer to get him signed up with his known release clause.

Or maybe the player doesn't want to relocate or play for us?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

And its gone again 

Is that a genuine twitter account? I know Jonathan Low is a reliable Reading journalist but thought he had a more professional twitter account with a blue tick. May be a hoax.

Edited by JHRover

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

Or maybe the player doesn't want to relocate or play for us?

Then if correct questions begin over why he wouldn't want to move up a league to the Championship and be part of things at Rovers?

Just now, JHRover said:

Is that a genuine twitter account? I know Jonathan Low is a reliable Reading journalist but thought he had a more professional twitter account with a blue tick. May be a hoax.

Yean I'm falling for anything and anyone today I've decided, I'm going to be worse than my first night at university. She was awful. 

• Like 1

Have to laugh, you will go nuts if you start following every journalist in every area today.

Every bugger will be saying something different!

The sensible thing would be to log off, get on with work for the day and come back at 6pm to see what has actually happened.

Anyone? No, me either...

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Swanson said:

That was from early this morning, the other one from Shawcross was 30 min since?

They’ve met the fee though, but there’s absolutely no suggestion that we have in, in that last tweet.

Local Reading paper reckons Maddison is on the move but not to them. I reckon we've probs sniffing around him all summer but he's holding out for a Derby or Leeds to come in. I wouldn't be surprised if last 

nights bid for Freeman was a gee up to Maddison and his agent.