BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

4 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

We have urgent areas on the pitch that needs filling, we've had all summer to sort it out , we desperately lack pace out wide and a brute up top , disaster if we start Millwall game with no one else coming in, they best be some special flipping loans !

I wouldn’t go that far! 

• Like 5

I take it Willy von Trapp missed his flight?

Also I see Ivan Toney has signed a long term deal at Peterborough from Newcastle. 1) Wasn't he one some people rated highly, 2) how much did he cost i wonder and 3) does that make the departure of Maddison more certain?

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

I take it Willy von Trapp missed his flight?

Also I see Ivan Toney has signed a long term deal at Peterborough from Newcastle. 1) Wasn't he one some people rated highly, 2) how much did he cost i wonder and 3) does that make the departure of Maddison more certain?

For no.2, their chairman says it’s a high 6-figure fee

6 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

We have urgent areas on the pitch that needs filling, we've had all summer to sort it out , we desperately lack pace out wide and a brute up top , disaster if we start Millwall game with no one else coming in, they best be some special flipping loans !

Because every succesful team is built on having a"brute" up top. 

Any brutes going? I don't think it's a great summer for brutes personally myself 

Just now, Neal said:

Pretty chilled to be honest. The only area I think we're desperate is CF but if we can get someone decent on loan with a buy agreement then I'll be pretty content. Would like to see Chapman sign still though, Pulis doesn't fancy him, he wants to be here, we want him here, it fits. 

That matches what I feel.  At the very least a striker will be brought in on loan, no doubt about it. I'm happy with the signings of Palmer and Armstrong, that gives us pace and an attacking threat. I don't know anything about the other two we've signed. This transfer window is an odd and daft idea, lots of business will still be done before the end of the month.

3 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

Sharpe has pretty much said that Freeman is the only deal he can see happening. Fucking shambles this.

How ? If we pay £6-£8 million for him- which I think is in the region of what we have in total for our transfer budget- it’ll mean the rest of the budget for permanent players is gone. 

Edited by scotchrover

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm sure their paths will have crossed before. Dack comes from Greenwich and Freeman from Dartford, both came through the youth setups at Charlton and Gillingham. Probably move in similar circles. May not have played together but safe to assume they will know each other or have similar social circles.

If you don't mind I am trying to clutch at straws over here.

Have literally got no work done today AT ALL apart from instagram sleuthing.

• Like 1

The attempted Bauer signing seems a strange we apparently  bid for him a couple of months ago and haven't gone for another centre back since then surely it wasn't Bauer or nobody for Mowbray. With Downing not making the bench the thought of Lenihan or Mulgrew going of injured in a game and Williams playing at centre back terrifies me. 

8 minutes ago, Neal said:

Pretty chilled to be honest. The only area I think we're desperate is CF but if we can get someone decent on loan with a buy agreement then I'll be pretty content, especially as in these situations you can get better value... Like Cairney. Would like to see Chapman sign still though, Pulis doesn't fancy him, he wants to be here, we want him here, it fits. 

What I don't want to see is us recklessly wasting money on players we don't desperately need. I don't want to see Mowbray not being able to bring players in due to embargo. 

Mowbray wants 5 more so he can't be that chilled about it, especially as we appear to have a decent budget. We'll see what the loan window brings. Injuries to Dack or Armstrong and we would have a very workmanlike side with very little attacking pace or quality.

13 minutes ago, Neal said:

Pretty chilled to be honest. The only area I think we're desperate is CF but if we can get someone decent on loan with a buy agreement then I'll be pretty content, especially as in these situations you can get better value... Like Cairney. Would like to see Chapman sign still though, Pulis doesn't fancy him, he wants to be here, we want him here, it fits. 

What I don't want to see is us recklessly wasting money on players we don't desperately need. I don't want to see Mowbray not being able to bring players in due to embargo. 

Excellent post Neal.  Totally agree with everything you say.  The squad is good enough to stay up and that is surely the aim this season.  I'd much prefer to see us bring a couple in on loan so we can see how they do before committing serious money on them.

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

Moves them from dark horses to one of the favourites this season.

What a 19 year old kid who has limited first team experience added to the fact Bodin and Maguire are out long termish with injuries. Surely you are joking?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, philipl said:

Moves them from dark horses to one of the favourites this season.

How can you state this?

They have lost two of their best players to injury for a couple of months and they sign a young unproven forward. ?‍♂️

• Like 1