BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

4 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I don't think we are in as bad shape as people think, reckon we're a wideman and a striker short. Hoping we get one today on a perm deal otherwise will be dissapointed. 

First 11 is ok (excluding Samuels as a winger) after that our bench is either unproven or past it.  Only Armstrong has added something and he was here last year.  We are relying on Samuels or Nuttall to hit double figures this year. 

As it stands - Very poor window -especially given the alleged budget.

If I was Millwall manager, I'd be telling my CB to clatter Graham early doors.

Why are people raving about Nmecha? He may do well but he has no first team experience and the championship is a tough tough league and it will take him time to settle and find his feet. Relying on him to score goals is a big big gamble.

I'd much rather have someone with abit more experience and proven. Seems like Gallagher will come in during the loan window, Which isn't the most exciting but he's proven he can score goals at this level and does have the qualities to potentially be a effective lone striker.

Edited by TruRover
  • Like 1

With just under 4 hours left.....

I'd settle for a decent CF. We need a few more additions but at this stage I think we may be struggling. I will never understand the reason for leaving deals so late but a friend of mine believes it's due to saving 2 months on wages, it sounds crazy but it would definitely explain our scramble every TDD.

Just now, Ruaney said:

I really hope that Rich Sharpe doesn't have a clue what is going on.

I don’t think he knows very much, he probably just gets a few sound bites from the club in regards to what positions and what type of deal it is ie loan or transfer. Apart from that, it must be very little. He didn’t know anything about Palmer coming and didn’t know anything about Armstrong even though multiple sources said it was happening hours earlier. 

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Excellent post Neal.  Totally agree with everything you say.  The squad is good enough to stay up and that is surely the aim this season.  I'd much prefer to see us bring a couple in on loan so we can see how they do before committing serious money on them.

The squad is short on quality, a couple of injuries to key attacking players and we are stuffed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

With just under 4 hours left.....

I'd settle for a decent CF. We need a few more additions but at this stage I think we may be struggling. I will never understand the reason for leaving deals so late but a friend of mine believes it's due to saving 2 months on wages, it sounds crazy but it would definitely explain our scramble every TDD.

I don't think that's the main reason. Almost every club is scrambling. They aren't all in this position to save two months on wages 

Rich Sharpe only reports confirmed things. He doesn't have a clue what's going on within the club I'm afraid. Hasn't successfully "predicted" anything that we've done pretty much the last 3 transfer windows, didn't have a clue about rothwell, reported davenport was on loan, said armstrong was too expensive and reported palmer 'interest' about 3 hours after sky had reported the deal as being done. Calm down and lets see what the squad looks like come the end of the month.

Just now, Swanson said:

Middlesbrough have launched a new increased bid for QPRmidfielder Luke Freeman, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News reported earlier that Blackburn had seen a £4m offer for the 26-year-old rejected.

Feck. We won't win that bidding war or be the players preference. 

Maddison has a choice between us, Leeds, Swansea, Boro and some other team I can't remember. Again, we will be doing well to get that over the line 

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Think Wigan have played a blinder getting £4mil for Burn and not losing him for 12 months.  Lennihan is a much better player and would pull a bigger fee.

Burn has a broken foot, he's being loaned back to regain fitness with the aim of joining Brighton in January.

1 minute ago, Swanson said:

Middlesbrough have launched a new increased bid for QPRmidfielder Luke Freeman, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News reported earlier that Blackburn had seen a £4m offer for the 26-year-old rejected.

Interesting, could this mean Chapman comes here?

I’d prefer the cheap deal of Chapman and hope he fulfills his potential. 

1 minute ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

And Chapman will move to Rovers. 

Exactly what I was thinking. He's not getting minutes from the bench, if Freeman signs for them I can see him not even being in the squad. Could be a bit of a domino one this... 

Get him in TM. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

Trapp won't happen today.  Once that first bid got rejected, the earliest he would leave would be after the MLS season (end of October, plus playoffs into December).

So, one for january, at best.  It would be truly outrageous to even see a "buy him but loan him back for the rest of the season" type deal get done,  imo.

Also not sure where people get the opinion we don't need another midfielder either, we have exactly 1 player capable of passing the ball anywhere remotely forwards in Dack, he gets smashed and we're pretty screwed. Lots of bodies yes, but all carbon copies of one another.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So you would be happy if we did similar for Lenihan? 

Wtf has it got to do with Lenihan?

Hypothetically if a club paid the market value for a player and the club agreed to sell..and said player was still yours for another 12 months...would you not see that as good business?

Just now, JeffRover said:

Looks like we’ve made a right fucking mess of this window lads.

Our current starting 11 is the same as last season's! 

I would have to agree with you if this remains the same predicament come 5 o'clock.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Wtf has it got to do with Lenihan?

Hypothetically if a club paid the market value for a player and the club agreed to sell..and said player was still yours for another 12 months...would you not see that as good business?

Again, that's not the deal Wigan got for Burn.