BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Also not sure where people get the opinion we don't need another midfielder either, we have exactly 1 player capable of passing the ball anywhere remotely forwards in Dack, he gets smashed and we're pretty screwed. Lots of bodies yes, but all carbon copies of one another.

So you address the positions where you don't have a lot of bodies first.  

After speaking to a mate who is a QPR fan I'm really hoping we can somehow pull off a deal for freeman. He's hardworking relatively quick although not the quickest and has the skill to open up a defence. With him being left footed it would give us balance on the left hand side.

38 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Chaddy the window closes in 4 hours.If players where having medicals or fees agreed we would know about it.

Yes we keep our buisness quieter these days but we knew Armstrong had signed before it was announced  same with Palmer

Ive aware the window shuts in less than 4 hours. 

The media isnt on our radar at all. Sharpe didnt have a clue about Rothwell, Davenport or Palmer signings till the end. Mowbray keeps business very quiet these days and rightly so..

We can still sign players anyway. Loan with a view to permanent deal. Someone like Gallagher would ideal. 

11 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Excellent post Neal.  Totally agree with everything you say.  The squad is good enough to stay up and that is surely the aim this season.  I'd much prefer to see us bring a couple in on loan so we can see how they do before committing serious money on them.

Could see that happening with Sam Gallagher tbf

The thing that confuses me is all this talk throughout the summer of being patient and not wanting to over pay for players. Armstrong was a cheap fee but it gets to the day before deadline day and we bid 4 million for Freeman? If boro are interested then he'll go there instead but maybe we could have got this deal over the line earlier in the summer without any boro interest? Why wait so late? Do you see the point I'm trying to make? :lol: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

So you address the positions where you don't have a lot of bodies first.  

Disagree. Would also argue we have one player in Freeman's position, he isn't the deep-lying player people on here claim he is. In fact, by that logic we have 3 strikers and 4 centre half options so surely don't need either.

Edited by Guest

Just now, philipl said:

There are four loan slots unfilled and 22 days left to fill them.

That isn't what the manager wants to do though. He's said on numerous occasions he doesn't want to rely on loans to fill the squad and prefers the club to own its players as assets. He's also said there's a good budget for permanent signings. So what's gone wrong?

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ive aware the window shuts in less than 4 hours. 

The media isnt on our radar at all. Sharpe didnt have a clue about Rothwell, Davenport or Palmer signings till the end. Mowbray keeps business very quiet these days and rightly so..

We can still sign players anyway. Loan with a view to permanent deal. Someone like Gallagher would ideal. 

Could see that happening with Sam Gallagher tbf

You wanted permanent signings today earlier in the week?What's changed?

Oh I know you agree with everything the club does.

Like I said the media told us about Armstrong and Palmer where signing days before the club announced it 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

According to news reports it is?  Please enlighten me.

Dan Burn has a broken foot. Loaned back to Wigan in hope to find fitness before joining Brighton in January.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:
Sitting on the fence

Since I was young I've been very hard to please
And I don't know permanent from loan
But there is one thing I could never understand
It's why a window dicks the brain
so
I'm just sittin' on a fence
You can say I got no sense
Trying to make up my mind
Really is too horrifying
So I'm sittin on a fence

..... And having a few chilled beers. 

With apologies to Jagger- Richards !

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Eh? I'm on about addressing other positions eg striker, winger before adding another midfielder.  

Your whole argument is about having bodies in midfield so need places we don't have bodies... We have 4 strikers, so why sign another?

Just over 3 hours to go, it's even pushing it for Chapman to race down from Boro now.

Think today has been a write off.

No doubt there will be a good spin on it by banging on about the loan window again though.

• Like 2