BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

According to Sharpe the City youngster we wanted on loan has gone somewhere else and it wasn't Nmecha. Could have been Barker I suppose and now Nmecha has joined him at the Nobbers. 

Im pretty sure it was Harrison

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has done the right thing by NOT over paying for players

Not if we go down because Mowbray wouldn't stump up an extra £250k because the player was wearing a baseball cap and some of them groovy ripped jeans the hep cats wear these days.

What makes you think we haven't? 

We have spend money on Armstrong and yes Mowbray has done the right thing by NOT over paying for players

The fact we've barely spent any.

It will take more than 11th hour twitter rumours of bids for QPR players to convince me there's a pot of cash to spend. Spending it will convince me.

If we're struggling and fighting relegation with a threadbare squad will you feel better that we didn't 'overpay' for additions or will you wish we'd spent a bit more?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

Your whole argument is about having bodies in midfield so need places we don't have bodies... We have 4 strikers, so why sign another?

because 2 are crap, 1 only lasts 60 minutes and the other doesn't know whether he is a striker, winger or attacking midfielder

• Like 1

Just now, AAK said:

because 2 are crap, 1 only lasts 60 minutes and the other doesn't know whether he is a striker, winger or attacking midfielder

You're backing up my point perfectly. Thank you. You sign positions where you lack quality, and regardless of our 'numbers' in midfield, the quality of them (especially an evans and smallwood combination) i would argue is relegation standard.

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You wanted permanent signings today earlier in the week?What's changed?

Oh I know you agree with everything the club does.

Like I said the media told us about Armstrong and Palmer where signing days before the club announced it 

Yes I still want permanent signings but over paying isnt what we should be doing for very average players. 

I aint going to lose my temper or lose any sleep over it tho.

From Rich Sharpe

Screenshot_20180809-134613_Twitter.jpg

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Your whole argument is about having bodies in midfield so need places we don't have bodies... We have 4 strikers, so why sign another?

Because 2 are shit and the other one may or may not play that role. 

Midfield has:

Evans

Whittingham

Smallwood

Davenport

Bennett

Travis

Tomlinson 

Even Dack and Lennihan can play in there.

And yes.. some  of them are crap as well.  ?

We need players everywhere and are signing none.

Fuming is  an understatement with me ,, really don't want to loan gallagher  he's not good enough far from it, even with a view to a perm., Chapman might be the only incoming today as a last minute thing to make sure the fans don't go crazy,  but for me if we don't bring in two or three  next couple hours it's been a really poor window

Yes I still want permanent signings but over paying isnt what we should be doing for very average players. 

From Rich Sharpe

Also think the term 'loan' is quite loose this window. Would guess 3/4 we sign on loan will all have permanent clauses in the contracts, but we shall see.

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

You're backing up my point perfectly. Thank you. You sign positions where you lack quality, and regardless of our 'numbers' in midfield, the quality of them (especially an evans and smallwood combination) i would argue is relegation standard.

yep their both crap

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Because 2 are shit and the other one may or may not play that role. 

Midfield has:

Evans

Whittingham

Smallwood

Davenport

Bennett

Travis

Tomlinson 

Even Dack and Lennihan can play in there.

And yes.. some  of them are crap as well.  ?

We need players everywhere and are signing none.

I agree, think we may be arguing the same point, but coming from different angles!

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The fact we've barely spent any.

It will take more than 11th hour twitter rumours of bids for QPR players to convince me there's a pot of cash to spend. Spending it will convince me.

If we're struggling and fighting relegation with a threadbare squad will you feel better that we didn't 'overpay' for additions or will you wish we'd spent a bit more?

Tbh JH, Both local and national reporters have reported the Freeman bid unless you calling them all liars?

We dont have a threadbare squad at all. So dont start talking that rubbish. 

From Rich Sharpe

Well then Mowbray and the recruitment team should have identified players within our budget that ain't average .Shouldn't they have?

It's Mowbray who said he doesn't want the squad built on loans.Last season it was and looks like the same this season.

However you dress it up bringing in nobody of quality today is a dissapointment 

• Like 1

Tbh JH, Both local and national reporters have reported the Freeman bid unless you calling them all liars?

TM thinks we do if we are aiming for 4/5 signings.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What makes you think we haven't? 

We have spend money on Armstrong and yes Mowbray has done the right thing by NOT over paying for players

If you want to achieve anything beyond scratching around the bottom half you are going to sometimes have to pay a bit extra as fees are inflated in football today thats just the way it is. Unfortunatley Mowbray is an old fasioned sort of manager and his approach has shown to be just that this window hence so few signing despite Mobray himself saying last week he wanted 4-5.

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Also think the term 'loan' is quite loose this window. Would guess 3/4 we sign on loan will all have permanent clauses in the contracts, but we shall see.

Last season Mowbray said about loans becoming perm yet the only one we had the option on was Antonnson who wasn't good enough.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Rich Sharpe

So Sharpe knows nothing and I'm not worrying about the window closing, so I will keep pestering Sharpe about any incomings :)

• Like 3

Quite obvious that Sharpe only cottoned on to the Freeman 'bid' after it had been announced via 'Sky Sources'. If that Sky source hadn't gone public with it then there'd be nothing. The whole think has a funny smell about it, and true to form it is now being reported that Middlesbrough are in for him. I get the feeling it is all a game and we're being used.

We have a threadbare squad from an attacking point of view. Our manager has said that the squad needs help by way of 4-5 additions. Are you saying Mowbray is wrong?

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry Chadster

image.gif

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Fuming is  an understatement with me ,, really don't want to loan gallagher  he's not good enough far from it, even with a view to a perm., Chapman might be the only incoming today as a last minute thing to make sure the fans don't go crazy,  but for me if we don't bring in two or three  next couple hours it's been a really poor window

Jesus, overreact much?

We've still got till the end of the window to get loans in.

Even if we're stuck with what we've got till January its not a total disaster, cheer up!

• Like 3

Not that i think it matters too much at this stage, but Middlesbrough are about to confirm the signing of Besic from Everton for £6m. As well as upping their bid for Freeman. Arrivals of both of these could push Chapman out of the match day 18?

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Well then Mowbray and the recruitment team should have identified players within our budget that ain't average .Shouldn't they have?

It's Mowbray who said he doesn't want the squad built on loans.Last season it was and looks like the same this season.

However you dress it up bringing in nobody of quality today is a dissapointment 

Very average players going at crazy fees like Waghorn at 5 mil, Woods at 7 mil. 

Yes I'm aware of Mowbray comments. 

No such dissappointment for me. 

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

If you want to achieve anything beyond scratching around the bottom half you are going to sometimes have to pay a bit extra as fees are inflated in football today thats just the way it is. Unfortunatley Mowbray is an old fasioned sort of manager and his approach has shown to be just that this window hence so few signing despite Mobray himself saying last week he wanted 4-5.

If we finish around 14th I would be more than happy. 

• Moderation Lead
13 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

Meanwhile the squad are busy undertaking a yoga session 

A139036D-20AE-4AA6-BAB2-500E79B9A937.png

In the absence of Travis' girlfriend, she'll have to do...

Not a bad replacement, all things considered!

• Like 1