BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

We hardly romped home though did we. We were promoted with just 2 games to go. We were just fortunate that when we dropped points at Gillingham and Bristol during the run in Shrewsbury failed to take advantage otherwise it may have been a different story.

Rubbish- the only reason why we didn’t go up sooner is because of Shrewsbury. The rest of the league were miles behind. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

So maybe that will help produce a more attractive style of football, not having to play up to Graham so much. A front 4 of Armstrong, with benno, dack and palmer  behind sounds pretty decent to me

For me to get the best out of Dack you need a frontman like Graham who can hold the ball up and bring Dack and others into play.

• Like 1

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

So maybe that will help produce a more attractive style of football, not having to play up to Graham so much. A front 4 of Armstrong, with benno, dack and palmer  behind sounds pretty decent to me

Or we'll never get up the pitch because there is no-one who can hold the ball up and so we are constantly under pressure. There's a reason he plays Graham up front,  even when Armstrong was here last season.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Whilst constantly tweeting people for tramsfer updates.

What your problem now pal? 

Im chill out. No panic in my body. All because Im tweeting people DOESNT mean im panicking at all. 

Constantly? Lying again there pal

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Im sorry but you are wrong

Im sat at home playing a board game with my daughter and missus. 

Thats cos I trust Mowbray. 

on this one chaddy, you are being too positive. By your own words you felt we needed strengthening. That isn't happening. Its not good. For once, at least acknowledge some disappointment.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Too late to sign anyone now sureley? Medicals etc have to be done, shocking deadline day can't stress enough , looks like we will be getting the god awful  useless gallagher on loan 

Fulham just agreed a deal with a french club for a midfielder. Medical will be in france. 

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So you don't believe we made the bid? 

You are usually a good poster, don't join in the "we made the bid to look good, knowing it would not be accepted " brigade 

I believe we were interested, I'm highly doubtful that it was a £4 million bid or that we ever seriously thought QPR would sell their best player to us so late in the window.

Once again it doesn't actually matter because he isn't coming here, but in the meantime it seems most Rovers fans have gone giddy with excitement that Venkys are splashing the cash and there's a warchest waiting to be spent. If it doesn't actually get spent it doesn't get us anywhere.

Plenty now saying they don't want us to spend 'for the sake of it'. I don't think anyone is suggesting that they do yet we've had all summer to address obvious shortages in personnel so people expect those shortages to be addressed. We've also spent all summer listening to Mowbray saying he wants another 4 or 5 on preferably permanent deals and that he has a good budget to use. No evidence of either with 2 hours to go.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

'Not going to be signing anyone now, far too late'....is this everyone's first transfer window? 

Deals regularly happen very quickly in the final hour or two. 

Don’t necessarily think deals happen quickly, pretty sure they have been happening during the day it’s just been kept quiet before being leaked out or the club releases information?

Just now, Eddie said:

'Not going to be signing anyone now, far too late'....is this everyone's first transfer window? 

Deals regularly happen very quickly in the final hour or two. 

True but it doesn't seem to be a "Blackburn thing" we never seem to have the personnel to hurry deals through. Sometimes that isn't a bad thing, we are desperately in need of extra quality! 

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I believe we were interested, I'm highly doubtful that it was a £4 million bid or that we ever seriously thought QPR would sell their best player to us so late in the window.

Once again it doesn't actually matter because he isn't coming here, but in the meantime it seems most Rovers fans have gone giddy with excitement that Venkys are splashing the cash and there's a warchest waiting to be spent. If it doesn't actually get spent it doesn't get us anywhere.

Plenty now saying they don't want us to spend 'for the sake of it'. I don't think anyone is suggesting that they do yet we've had all summer to address obvious shortages in personnel so people expect those shortages to be addressed. We've also spent all summer listening to Mowbray saying he wants another 4 or 5 on preferably permanent deals and that he has a good budget to use. No evidence of either with 2 hours to go.

Ya, I agree it's disappointing if our budget hasn't been spent. Edwards at Ipswich and even Toney at Peterborough are players we could have signed for under a million thay would have given us more depth and options.