BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

I'm no venkys fan but how is it their fault the money they made available hasn't been spent? Suppose they identified the targets as well

Where's your evidence there was money? Coming from the mouths of people trying to sell season tickets?

• Moderation Lead
12 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Poor window..The loans better be better then the us less gallagher 

So just to confirm, do you not rate Sam Gallagher?

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Screenshot_20180809-145101_Samsung Internet.jpg

"Short notice" ? Other than most of June and the entirety of July? OK.

I'm not that bothered about us not signing players (I fully expected as much) but I can't help but feel we had a real chance here to put out a statement of intent, and have instead broadcast that we're happy with just surviving with the squad we have. It's an achievable aim if our first eleven stay fit for the majority of the season, particularly Mulgrew, Dack and Graham. I suppose we'll find out in due course whether Tony's faith in our L1 squad is justified.

We can always play the loan w/option to buy game, too, but I think the quality of our loan signings will depend on the results we get leading up to the deadline. Millwall (H), Hull (A), Reading (H) and Brentford (H)...  if we're aiming for safety this year we're realistically going to want to be winning two of those. 

Glad I didn't take the day off for this. Last deadline day we got S.Hart, this time it's shart again. All the expectation, and left with a streak of sh1t. 

Tony wanted 3 or 4 himself. Openly admitted numerous times. Not sure how this isn't disappointing. 

• Like 1

I think most of the frustration coming from people on here, is that all we have heard all week in quotes from Mowbray after signing Armstrong is how we are planning to get "a couple" more permanent deals in place before Thursday.

Had he said, "we're unlikely to get anymore in now before Thursday, but we'll look at the loan market with a view to permanent deals" then I don't think everyone would be getting as bent out of shape as they are now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think most of the frustration coming from people on here, is that all we have heard all week in quotes from Mowbray after signing Armstrong is how we are planning to get "a couple" more permanent deals in place before Thursday.

Had he said, "we're unlikely to get anymore in now before Thursday, but we'll look at the loan market with a view to permanent deals" then I don't think everyone would be getting as bent out of shape as they are now. 

Exactly.

33 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

So maybe that will help produce a more attractive style of football, not having to play up to Graham so much. A front 4 of Armstrong, with benno, dack and palmer  behind sounds pretty decent to me. Much more mobile

Armstrong's first natural movement is away from the ball into space. Graham's is towards the ball to get the ball to feet. That's the difference. Just banging it long won't work with Armstrong.

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Ay, iIts the first time i've been called 'd*ckf*ck' in at least a week, mental

That is certainly a curse that I have not heard before, made me chuckle actually the first time around - that is if I got it right, duck, dack, and a few other words came to mind before I 'think' I got the word he was saying.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If the club wants to sell and at a good price for the club.  Then getting to keep the player for an additional period seem s like good business to me - yes

West Ham offer £15 mil for Dack.  Club accept.  Too late to sign a replacement. Dack offered back to the club on loan basis for a season.  Good business?

No, because Dacks mind would then be on West ham and not on our long-term goals. We have money, but no time to spend it and ultimately we will need to replace Dack, which we would struggle to do. 

3 minutes ago, Doaksie said:

Glad I didn't take the day off for this. Last deadline day we got S.Hart, this time it's shart again. All the expectation, and left with a streak of sh1t. 

Tony wanted 3 or 4 himself. Openly admitted numerous times. Not sure how this isn't disappointing. 

What a great deadline that was compared to today ;) 

Just now, JHRover said:

Will the club shop be opening early tomorrow to deal with the backlog of the 1000+ extra season tickets being sold?

And rushing to get new shirts with 'Nobody' printed on the back.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

For all the people telling others to 'calm down':

Next time your partner acts up, tell them to 'calm down' and let me know what happens. If there's an outpouring of anger or violence, I'm not being held responsible.....

• Like 2