BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Well, I'm underwhelmed. Not furious because the club, via owners, administrative staff and managers have let us down so often that I'm tired of being angry. But I suspect there'll be others like me who were wondering whether it was time to get back to Ewood who are now thinking possibly not. We needed one decent, above average signing and it doesn't appear to be happening.  

• Like 3

I wouldn't mind if the club said that we have a limited budget and weren't expecting any major signing but the overhyping of the window, from Waggott in particular, and the club repeating the claim that we want "4 or 5 more" has left a particular sour taste in my mouth.

The strange 4 million pound bid for Freeman, a position we are not desperate to fill, for me was a fake. I do not trust the club's management one bit.  As I have banged on about a few times , if we had the money we would have spent it long before deadline day. The loan window is simply an excuse to mask the fact that the budget wasn't there but that didn't stop that idiot Waggott claiming we would sell 1,500 more season tickets based on some new signings. 

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

Would love to see the reaction on here if we sign someone in the next couple of hours, or if we have signed someone earlier in the day.

I’ve been on here long enough to know that it wouldn’t matter. You’d find a bunch of people still complaining that we only signed 1 when we were promised 3 or 4.

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Nixon-esque again! What went wrong then?

How do I know? All I know is if you're offering good money for players the manager thinks we need and don't land any it's a cock up.

• Like 1

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

I wouldn't mind if the club said that we have a limited budget and weren't expecting any major signing but the overhyping of the window from Waggott in particular and the club repeating the claim that we want "4 or 5 more" has left a particular sour taste in my mouth.

The strange 4 million pound bid for Freeman, a position we are not desperate to fill, for me was a fake. I do not trust the club's management one bit.  As I have banged on about a few times , if we had the money we would have spent it. The loan window is simply an excuse to mask the fact that the budget wasn't there but that didn't stop that idiot Waggott claiming we would sell 1,500 more season tickets based on those signings. 

Exactly, some people took days off work for this! Not me as why waste a holiday refreshing BRFC's when I can do that at work anyway (when the boss isnt looking)?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Miker said:

I’ve been on here long enough to know that it wouldn’t matter. You’d find a bunch of people still complaining that we only signed 1 when we were promised 3 or 4.

Wow , holding the club accountable to their outlandish claims.  How unrealistic of us to hold the club to it's word.

• Like 1

Obv TM had a short list of players that he wanted to try and buy outright. Non came off. Why buy for sake of it at crazy prices if nothing crops up worthy. makes sense to hold out for loans with view to buy etc. Minimal signings today in general. Crazy system. Naturally disappointed as thought we’d get x2 through door today but expect more astute loans to be our preferred business model.

Edited by markhayhurst
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think most of the frustration coming from people on here, is that all we have heard all week in quotes from Mowbray after signing Armstrong is how we are planning to get "a couple" more permanent deals in place before Thursday.

Had he said, "we're unlikely to get anymore in now before Thursday, but we'll look at the loan market with a view to permanent deals" then I don't think everyone would be getting as bent out of shape as they are now. 

Exactly this and what's the bets the loan signings that do come in won't have fixed fees and clause to become permanent in January in the deals.

For example I don't see what benefit Southampton would have in doing such a deal in regards to Gallagher, they loan him to us without the clause and he does very well then they can sell him on to another club who can afford to pay a higher transger fee than us.

I mean he didn't even do well last season yet was linked with a 7 million move to Stoke (wether there was any truth to that I don't know)

Just now, J*B said:

How do I know? All I know is if you're offering good money for players the manager thinks we need and don't land any it's a cock up.

I thought you were being cryptic. And yesterday you were implying today would be busy and you like to appear ITK.

Perhaps we didn't offer good money at all.

Yes the loan window is still open but there's no guarantees there either. 

We have alot of games in August and our squad hasn't been improved since last season, the starting 11 is exactly the same!

Disappointing.

18 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Now you're just being mean. What's wrong with my username?

P.S. I have put some highlights in your sentence to help you with you grammar. You're welcome. 

P.P.S. I amended your amendment. You were comma splicing when a simple full stop was required. 

You’re also welcome.

• Like 2

I VERY nearly took the day off to watch us spend the projected £5-6m we were hoping for. Gutted so far...there would have to be some pretty amazing loans with views to permenant to get past the disappointment of £4m midfielders who haven’t now signed...

Here’s something to think about and forgive the expressions I’m using them for ease. Whoever is right or wrong about our situation is down to opinion and context. But who do you think has had the more enjoyable last week or so? The ‘happy clappers’ or the ‘doom mongers’? ?

• Like 1