BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I VERY nearly took the day off to watch us spend the projected £5-6m we were hoping for. Gutted so far...there would have to be some pretty amazing loans with views to permenant to get past the disappointment of £4m midfielders who haven’t now signed...

Here’s something to think about and forgive the expressions I’m using them for ease. Whoever is right or wrong about our situation is down to opinion and context. But who do you think has had the more enjoyable last week or so? The ‘happy clappers’ or the ‘doom mongers’? ?

Probably the "doom mongers" as they haven't set themselves up for disappointment!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scotland1 said:

Nicko now saying QPR bidding for an experienced winger.... note all clubs can apply for 2 hour extensions if part way through a deal.

Game on

If its an experienced winger they wanted - we could have just given them Conway as part of the deal for their guy. :) That would leave us light in the dressing room timekeeper department thoguh admittedly.

1 minute ago, Bepeja43 said:

If Mowbray hasn't been backed as promised, he should resign. Staying on is such circumstances would mean he'll accept anything and he's just another Venky yes man.

I'm of the belief there is a bit of money there as Mowbray has kept repeating it.

But making a 4 million bid the night before the window closes(if true) and then not bringing any one in on a perm on deadline day is terrible and that's down to the manager and recruitment team.

Just want to add I'm behind Mowbray and think he has done a good job but an injury to Dack or Graham and we are in trouble 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

Anyone more interested if this thread gets to 500 pages before 5 O clock? 

One sure way to do it, mention biscuits and cakes, worked in the past when threads become stale *

*Did you know the definition between a biscuit and cake is if it becomes hard or soft when stale 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I VERY nearly took the day off to watch us spend the projected £5-6m we were hoping for. Gutted so far...there would have to be some pretty amazing loans with views to permenant to get past the disappointment of £4m midfielders who haven’t now signed...

Here’s something to think about and forgive the expressions I’m using them for ease. Whoever is right or wrong about our situation is down to opinion and context. But who do you think has had the more enjoyable last week or so? The ‘happy clappers’ or the ‘doom mongers’? ?

And there it is!

18 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Exactly, some people took days off work for this! Not me as why waste a holiday refreshing BRFC's when I can do that at work anyway (when the boss isnt looking)?

To be honest though, not being funny but that's incredibly sad, to waste a day off work just to keep an eye on the window closing, and in no way the club's fault. I hope they had other things they were doing too.

Mowbray has been clear he won't panic buy today and intends to use the loan window with perm deals worked in, if we don't get the right deals today.

Bottom line is we won't have a new striker and winger in before Millwall on Saturday and if that means Nuttall and Conway coming on around 70 minutes again to try to hold what we have, were going to struggle again. 

It's blindingly obvious Nuttall is out of his league and we've already thrown away 2 points due to having a poor bench.

92 minutes... 

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Here's Mani, right on cue with his fuel, adding it to the fire and taking a step back.....

Being real though, as much as we hate doing this, unless things 'calm down' (LOL), there will most likely be folk in the sin bin (not together, obviously), folk receiving warnings and maybe even bans.

Kindness is king, ladies and gentlemen. Let's at least try and keep our heads....

14 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

Obv TM had a short list of players that he wanted to try and buy outright. Non came off. Why buy for sake of it at crazy prices if nothing crops up worthy. makes sense to hold out for loans with view to buy etc. Minimal signings today in general. Crazy system. Naturally disappointed as thought we’d get x2 through door today but expect more astute loans to be our preferred business model.

If he had a list and failed to land any of them then the obvious conclusion is that the list was unrealistic and insufficient planning had gone into it.

NOBODY has said we should be buying people for the sake of it at crazy prices. That doesn't mean you don't sign anyone and run the serious risk of relegation because of it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

To be honest though, not being funny but that's incredibly sad, to waste a day off work just to keep an eye on the window closing, and in no way the club's fault. I hope they had other things they were doing too.

Mowbray has been clear he won't panic buy today and intends to use the loan window with perm deals worked in, if we don't get the right deals today.

It's not that sad in my case I can't be on my phone at work and do 6:30-18:30.Had a couple of days holiday left in my allocation left so took it today as the manager led me to believe we would be signing players on a permanent so I expected us to be busy, more fool me 

Just now, islander200 said:

It's not that sad in my case I can't be on my phone at work and do 6:30-18:30.Had a couple of days holiday left in my allocation left so took it today as the manager led me to believe we would be signing players on a permanent so I expected us to be busy, more fool me 

You should never believe anything your Works Manager tells you Islander ..

30 minutes ago, Madon said:

Although today is classed as 'Deadline Day', surely everyone is aware it's not really - hence why only 3 permanent transfers have been completed today in the EFL.

30th August is deadline day, if we are where we are now on the 30th August, then it is time to panic and ask WTF has gone on! 

In Tony We (or I) Trust

But most loans now -if any - are  going to be from Premier teams. Clubs with decent players in the championship, league one etc won't loan out players just because we couldn't get our business done.

We couldn't even get the mystery City kid - despite us being an amazing place for loan  players to come.

We will end up with a couple more Rakeem Harper style loans to pad out the squad. 

Difficult to make an argument that this squad is stronger than the one that finished in league one 

Really, really poor window.

• Like 1

As a newly promoted club to the Championship we were not going to be that attractive to players not already familiar with Mowbray and the team spirit here.

I am far happier not having spent millions than I would have been bringing in at least 75% of the players linked with us on the last 487 pages.

McGinn and Freeman looked interesting as did the City youngster gone to PNE on loan.

Armstrong is a deal I thought we wouldn't get so that is a big plus and let's see how Davenport and Rothwell pan out. The squad has strengthened over last season already.

My gut feel was always this season was going to be about the calibre of loans we brought in. If we can pull two or three in who can make a significant difference even if the loan fees are pricey and that is where the budget goes, I won't be complaining.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 2