BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

57 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Will you be disappointed if we dont sign anyone today? 

No cos you can still sign players on loan with view to permanent deals. So I am still relaxed

42 minutes ago, philipl said:

Here's a little gem for you all. Only 77 permanent transfers for fees all summer prior to today.

Less than one per club. And we got two (or is it three?) of them.

3. Davenport, Rothwell and Armstrong. 

32 minutes ago, J*B said:

Ouch, what a cock up.

Can you say which deals didnt happen?

I believe Mowbray and staff still at Brockhall. 

11 minutes ago, Neal said:

If Bolasie is going Boro that will mean no squad place for Chapman now... Pulis isn't playing him as it is. Get it done! 

Agreed

21 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

If Mowbray hasn't been backed as promised, he should resign. Staying on is such circumstances would mean he'll accept anything and he's just another Venky yes man.

Seriously? It's either the school holidays or a dingle in disguise 

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He clearly is/has been back. The deals just aren't falling into place 

It is bad management that though bigdog, Why bid 4 million the night before the deadline ends on a player where the chairman said he was going nowhere a couple of weeks ago.

I mean maybe we have been upping our bids gradually for a while and it only got leaked last night, but even in that case what was Freeman target z as surely we should have more irons in the fire and get something decent in before the perm window closes 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If he had a list and failed to land any of them then the obvious conclusion is that the list was unrealistic and insufficient planning had gone into it.

NOBODY has said we should be buying people for the sake of it at crazy prices. That doesn't mean you don't sign anyone and run the serious risk of relegation because of it.

No but he will have drawn his financial line in the sand for what he will have deemed were our requirements. Looked at quality of squad against value available and then looked at potential loans offered etc.

im sure if he felt it worked in our favour he would have bought. But maybe for the money available he felt the squad couldn’t be improved for the value offered.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, but come on now you thought we would sign some players today 

You're probably the second most optimistic poster on here after  Chaddy so it's clear that he's the only Rovers fan today "relaxed" :lol: 

How many Championship or decent League One sides are going to loan their decent players out to Rovers until January?

If we want one of their players why wouldn't they wait until January when we can make a cash buy?

What incentive is there for these clubs to send people out on loan in August with agreement to buy them in a few months?

The Premier League loans are likely to be short term arrangements which we either cannot afford on permanent deals or their parent clubs will not be ready to allow them out on permanent deals.

• Like 3

Just now, markhayhurst said:

No but he will have drawn his financial line in the sand for what he will have deemed were our requirements. Looked at quality of squad against value available and then looked at potential loans offered etc.

im sure if he felt it worked in our favour he would have bought. But maybe for the money available he felt the squad couldn’t be improved for the value offered.

Maddison is available for 2.5 million.You can't tell me there aren't other players of quality that would improve us undoubtedly out there that would be willing to come?

Edwards cost Ipswich a million quid, he would have added something 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

It is bad management that though bigdog, Why bid 4 million the night before the deadline ends on a player where the chairman said he was going nowhere a couple of weeks ago.

I mean maybe we have been upping our bids gradually for a while and it only got leaked last night, but even in that case what was Freeman target z as surely we should have more irons in the fire and get something decent in before the perm window closes 

We don't know what has been going on behind the scenes. It is disappointing , but we aren't the only club in this position. United and Spurs fans are going crazy also. I suppose they had better squads to start with though ? 

I don't know if it is down to bad management. Mowbray seemed confident we would get a few in, so something has happened. Who would be carrying out these negotiations? 

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The whole club from top to bottom has been made to look foolish and unprofessional. Nothing new there.

There's very little activity over the entire Football League. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We don't know what has been going on behind the scenes. It is disappointing , but we aren't the only club in this position. United and Spurs fans are going crazy also. I suppose they had better squads to start with though ? 

I don't know if it is down to bad management. Mowbray seemed confident we would get a few in, so something has happened. Who would be carrying out these negotiations? 

Yes but we missed out on some good players within our price range (if indeed we do have a good budget) that went to other clubs..Edwards, Wildschut to name two

Edited by islander200

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Maddison is available for 2.5 million.You can't tell me there aren't other players of quality that would improve us undoubtedly out there that would be willing to come?

Edwards cost Ipswich a million quid, he would have added something 

The Maddison story is interesting. Clearly there is something in his character perhaps putting sides off. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Since the 'busy week' tweet from Rovers, Monday before last, we've made a loan signing, and a really obvious transfer.

I was hoping it'd mean at least 2 more transfers. Don't get me wrong 'loans with a view' will suit me too, but we look extremely unprofessional after this.

Cheers Rovers (that is unless we sign 2 players in the next 67mins).

6 minutes ago, Butty said:

You're probably the second most optimistic poster on here after  Chaddy so it's clear that he's the only Rovers fan today "relaxed" :lol: 

What an accolade :D When is the presentation ceremony? 

I think its very disappointing if we go from being linked with signing a highly rated Championship player for £4 million, to signing nobody. Can't gloss that over 

• Like 1