BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Was there any real intent elsewhere after Armstrong and maybe Bauer or has our bids and business been concluded days ago really and now they just chucked a little sugar on it to make it look more interesting ?  The Freeman thing was either wide of the mark or someone just throwing Rovers name in the mix for some reason, not unusual any of that.

Let the loan business commence, better bloody well hope there is some !!!!

Just now, Igloo5090 said:

if we had at least 4 million, why did we not bid that for Freeman 2/3 weeks ago???

Apart from a tweet from a 'Sky Source' made last night where is the evidence or indeed remote suggestion that we have that sort of money left, let alone to spend on one player?

I thought it was odd when I heard it last night and nothing since then has changed. I doubt we'll spend £4 million on one player ever again under these owners.

1 minute ago, Igloo5090 said:

if we had at least 4 million, why did we not bid that for Freeman 2/3 weeks ago???

I can only assume we were in for players that signed elsewhere. I would bet a number of players picked other clubs ahead of us. Reading on twitter Holmes picked Derby over us 

Just now, JHRover said:

Apart from a tweet from a 'Sky Source' made last night where is the evidence or indeed remote suggestion that we have that sort of money left, let alone to spend on one player?

I thought it was odd when I heard it last night and nothing since then has changed. I doubt we'll spend £4 million on one player ever again under these owners.

I know sorry, my first message was poorly worded. IF we had £4 million, why didn't we spend it sooner. I'm saying that the reason its come out now is to win favours with owners

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I can only assume we were in for players that signed elsewhere. I would bet a number of players picked other clubs ahead of us. Reading on twitter Holmes picked Derby over us 

Actually quite surprised Derby went for him. He was a good L1 player but not one of the 'very' best last season. Can only imagine he will be a squad player at Derby.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Igloo5090 said:

That goes completely against the way they do things these days and completely against the right way if you're trying to pinch someone for lesser money.

That 4 mill has been chucked in from somewhere just to get the ball rolling, probably came from QPR's end similar has happened here when we've been 'alleged' reluctant sellers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Actually quite surprised Derby went for him. He was a good L1 player but not one of the 'very' best last season. Can only imagine he will be a squad player at Derby.

Derby have enough players for 7 squads at the moment!

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Let's not fool ourselves, this is a right old mess. Do you know any dingle fans ? I do and I'm not looking forward to the next time I meet them.

Just say three little words Tyrone ...Joe F*&king Hart  ...

Apparently if a deal is "in process", you can get a 2 hour extension after 5pm. 

I wonder what constitutes "in progress". An accepted bid? 

If you're Spurs then say the fax machine is broken and you get all night to make additions.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Apparently if a deal is "in process", you can get a 2 hour extension after 5pm. 

I wonder what constitutes "in progress". An accepted bid? 

That's how I read it, yeah.

I'd love to eat my words and see Maddison or even Chapman come in at 7pm.

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Kind of. 

Mowbray himself stated in the past that you can't build a team based on a lot of loans. We needed a striker and  a winger badly. It looks like we haven't signed them. 

Maybe players are just picking other clubs ahead of us. 

This I don't get.  Take Duane Holmes.  If we bid for him 6 weeks ago, would he have turned us down? If we bid on players today, they are probably thinking - sod that, I must be on list K at Blackburn.

• Like 1

I won't be too disappointed if we sign no-one. If we cannot get the right players in then don't just sign anyone. Otherwise we'll finish up with more Gladwins and Harts than we can afford.

Also I want to see the youngsters come through.

• Like 1

Henning Berg and Alan Mahon came on loan and then signed permanent deals. So did David Bentley. Eyal Berkovic was a fantastic loan signing for the club, a well sourced final piece of the promotion jigsaw. I might be wrong but I think Brad Friedel was initially a loanee too.

All played for clubs in higher positions than we were in.  Personally, I like quality loanees much better than last minute permanent panic buys.  

• Like 1

Just now, bazza said:

I won't be too disappointed if we sign no-one. If we cannot get the right players in then don't just sign anyone. Otherwise we'll finish up with more Gladwins and Harts than we can afford.

Also I want to see the youngsters come through.

We are short in a couple of key areas though. I meant would you be happy going into the season with just Graham as a decent target man type or do you think Nuttall can do a job?

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

This I don't get.  Take Duane Holmes.  If we bid for him 6 weeks ago, would he have turned us down? If we bid on players today, they are probably thinking - sod that, I must be on list K at Blackburn.

Who knows. His agent may have told him to hold off and see what other offers come in. 

I doubt players are aware of our lists :) Unless they come on here 

So we haven't signed a single player that improves the starting 11 but Armstrong who will play out of position or back up to graham. Awful business and more bs from the club

5m bid for Ben brereton. Al show my arse if that comes off. I've never heard of him. Any good. Seems like money that could have been spent really strengthening a few positions