BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Pedro said:

Henning Berg and Alan Mahon came on loan and then signed permanent deals. So did David Bentley. Eyal Berkovic was a fantastic loan signing for the club, a well sourced final piece of the promotion jigsaw. I might be wrong but I think Brad Friedel was initially a loanee too.

All played for clubs in higher positions than we were in.  Personally, I like quality loanees much better than last minute permanent panic buys.  

They didn't need to be last minute panic buys though decent players within our price range have moved to clubs.Edwards would have improved us 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Kind of. 

Mowbray himself stated in the past that you can't build a team based on a lot of loans. We needed a striker and  a winger badly. It looks like we haven't signed them. 

Maybe players are just picking other clubs ahead of us. 

I agree about building a team on loans, Plenty of time to agree loan deals with permanent fee in place.

We definitely need another striker. But it looks it will either have to be a loan with an option to buy or just a straight loan option. Can we survive with what we've got for the next 7-10 days? Yes we can.

We aren't short of players that can play out wide atm, Bennett, Palmer, Rothwell, Conway, Armstrong, Samuel. Obviously we'd like another option (personally would like an out and out winger). Still think we will end up with Chapman as well on loan.

I'm surprised by people reaction on here a bit. I'm not sure what people expected?

I wouldn't be criticising Mowbray or anyone else at the club until we've concluded our business which won't be until 31st August

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers make a 5 mil bid for Ben Brereton from Forest

It's that time in Football manager when you just start bidding for everyone and see what happens :D 

Maybe I am being harsh. I have never heard of this lad 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

This whole bring in 4 or 5 new perm signings was to entice mugs to buy season tickets and clearly it has worked

I suspect the majority buy their season tickets because they support Blackburn Rovers irrespective of transfer dealings.

• Like 5

"Barry Fry picked phone up to me for first time this week to say no more deals. Maddison still here, he's not going to Blackburn, nor is Tafazolli, no more signings today, altho he remains at club with 45 mins to transfer deadline"

Just now, islander200 said:

They didn't need to be last minute panic buys though decent players within our price range have moved to clubs.Edwards would have improved us 

Unfortunately, once of a time it would have been odd if someone chose to go to the likes of Middlesbrough, Huddersfield, Brighton - even really big clubs like Leeds, Everton and Aston Villa, above Rovers. We are way down the pecking order for players choices now.

Well I’ve never proclaimed to be Nostradamus but as I said yesterday, I could see today coming a mile off. Typical Rovers. Why are we bidding big bucks for midfielders (for us) at the eleventh hour when we’ve had months? Biggest area of concern for me now is up front - we have absolutely zero foil for Graham and will be reliant on some loan kid who will have one eye on his future at his parent club. Piss poor for me.

Just seen news on this Forest lad. Given his goal record it looks like we’re desperate.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Just now, Swanson said:

"Barry Fry picked phone up to me for first time this week to say no more deals. Maddison still here, he's not going to Blackburn, nor is Tafazolli, no more signings today, altho he remains at club with 45 mins to transfer deadline"

So that sounds like we have been trying to get both of those players?

4 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

So we haven't signed a single player that improves the starting 11 but Armstrong who will play out of position or back up to graham. Awful business and more bs from the club

5m bid for Ben brereton. Al show my arse if that comes off. I've never heard of him. Any good. Seems like money that could have been spent really strengthening a few positions

Don't buy it.

Literally.
I think this is one of those non-stories Sky puts out to attract news.