BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

The cynic in me says that this is another bid "put out there" to show that we are trying.

It's not happening.

Gut feeling too. We will be told it was rejected soon. 19-year old kid with big potential not so long ago linked to top PL teams and their fans are saying is worth 3x that.

Brereton is only 19 years old and seems to be the big striker everyone wants the club to sign.

ManU and Liverpool wanted him in the Jan 2017 window

Edited by jim mk2

Bereton potential deal just shows that the format is there. We obviously aren't landing the 'A List' winger - Freeman, so we're now going to the 'A List' striker. I've always been told this striker was Sam Gallagher, but thats obviously wrong. Be interesting to see who we go for as a winger, centre back and keeper on the basis that we've spent the majority of the budget on a striker - if we get it over the line.

• Like 2

Just now, J*B said:

Bereton potential deal just shows that the format is there. We obviously aren't landing the 'A List' winger - Freeman, so we're now going to the 'A List' striker. I've always been told this striker was Sam Gallagher, but thats obviously wrong. Be interesting to see who we go for as a winger, centre back and keeper on the basis that we've spent the majority of the budget on a striker - if we get it over the line.

But why have we left it so late to go for our A list winger a day before the deadline and now the A list striker just 30 minutes away from the deadline?

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Gut feeling too. We will be told it was rejected soon. 19-year old kid with big potential not so long ago linked to top PL teams and their fans are saying is worth 3x that.

Not sure Karanka is too keen on him

Plus Forest have spent a bit this summer might want to re-coup a bit 

Edited by islander200

It'll take 2.5 hours to get to Blackburn from Nottingham at half 4 on a Thursday!

I'll see if I'm proved wrong, but we seem to have bid £9m on 2 players we have no time or chance of getting to save face.

No one is buying it.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 2

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

It'll take 2.5 hours to get to Blackbrun from Nottingham at half 4 on a Thursday!

I'll see if I'm proved wrong, but we seem to have bid £9m on 2 players we have no time or chance of getting to save face.

No one is buying it.

It's disappointing if we don't sign anyone, but we aren't bidding on players just to look good. 

It'll take 2.5 hours to get to Blackbrun from Nottingham at half 4 on a Thursday!

No one is buying it.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the deadline can be extended by 2 hrs if a bid is lodged....

11 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Your buying massive potential with him trust me 

We ain't buying him. At least these fanciful stories will convince the more gullible elements of our support that there was money there and we tried to get exciting stuff done but just ran out of time.

• Like 2

No one is buying it.

Yeah doubt it will happen either but if it came off I think potentially it could be a very good deal 

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I suspect this is a Sky Sports News non-story personally.
But on the off-chance that it isn't. I guess the thinking might be that the loan target, winger or striker is interchangeable. We tried for a winger on a longterm deal, with the striker signing potentially being a loan. That didn't come off, so now maybe go for a striker on a longterm deal and bring in another winger on loan? Chapman maybe?

11 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

So that sounds like we have been trying to get both of those players?

13 minutes ago, Swanson said:

"Barry Fry picked phone up to me for first time this week to say no more deals. Maddison still here, he's not going to Blackburn, nor is Tafazolli, no more signings today, altho he remains at club with 45 mins to transfer deadline"

So sounds like we were the mystery club. If Maddison would have fancied coming here you d think he d have rocked the boat to get his wish.

Just now, islander200 said:

6 footer, strong a bit nippy could work on his finishing but he is a talent.He has been around the first team since was 17 or 18.

I always thought he was more of a winger than an out and out striker. But he is a big unit, a bit like Gallagher in that he's powerful and could play out wide. Bet it's @#/? though. 

Surely to GOD the Brereton bid isn’t blind!? They must have already spoken to him and had an idea from the club that they’re a) willing to sell and b) at what price-ish...if not then a bid at 4pm is piss poor and they will know it! 

It screams panic buy to me, but the general feeling from forest fans is that he's got massive potential and that he's worth around 10 million. Seems like he is a dynamic power big striker whose finishing needs a bit of work. Would be a huge huge gamble.