BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

3 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

It'll take 2.5 hours to get to Blackbrun from Nottingham at half 4 on a Thursday!

I'll see if I'm proved wrong, but we seem to have bid £9m on 2 players we have no time or chance of getting to save face.

No one is buying it.

Still take him on loan with a view to buy ..

1 minute ago, HowieFive0 said:

So sounds like we were the mystery club. If Maddison would have fancied coming here you d think he d have rocked the boat to get his wish.

Can a deal be done in the loan window maybe ?

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Surely to GOD the Brereton bid isn’t blind!? They must have already spoken to him and had an idea from the club that they’re a) willing to sell and b) at what price-ish...if not then a bid at 4pm is piss poor and they will know it! 

If he is as good as some say he is, it could be a great bid. He clearly wasn't our 1st choice though. I bet we were priced out of a move for Gallagher  

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

I always thought he was more of a winger than an out and out striker. But he is a big unit, a bit like Gallagher in that he's powerful and could play out wide. Bet it's @#/? though. 

Yeah I doubt we will sign him he has played wide but his natural position is centre forward

6 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

But why have we left it so late to go for our A list winger a day before the deadline and now the A list striker just 30 minutes away from the deadline?

Maybe we been bidding for days. 

Clubs want their targets in 1st before release them. 

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Not sure Karanka is too keen on him

Plus Forest have spent a bit this summer might want to re-coup a bit 

Been available for a couple of daya

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We ain't buying him. At least these fanciful stories will convince the more gullible elements of our support that there was money there and we tried to get exciting stuff done but just ran out of time.

When did you being so negative?

I used to enjoyed reading yours posts a couple of seasons ago. 

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We ain't buying him. At least these fanciful stories will convince the more gullible elements of our support that there was money there and we tried to get exciting stuff done but just ran out of time.

I think you are getting very close to tinfoil hat territory! 

1 minute ago, AdamRochina said:

Not falling for these  pathetic bid attempts at all, if we were intrested we would of bid hours ago or before today , shambles and some will fall for it 

I don't think it's going to happen but we could have bid hours ago it just wasn't leaked till now.But like you say most likely nothing in it 

1 minute ago, JeffRover said:

Why are people talking like we’ve signed him? High chance it’s a fake imo.

You strike the me as the sort of person that if someone offered you a grand in the street, you'd pull your face that it isn't 2! ? ?

It's a lot of money for potential, but (From Wikipedia):

Brereton was subsequently called up to represent England at the 2017 UEFA European Under-19 Championship.[14] In the group stage, he scored the winner against the Netherlands[15] and twice against Germany.[16] Brereton was a second-half substitute during the victory against Portugal in the final.[17] His total of three goals meant Brereton was joint top goalscorer at the tournament.[18] Brereton also played at the 2018 UEFA European Under-19 Championship, scoring his only goal of the tournament in the opening group stage match against Turkey.[19]

You can't really argue that he hasn't delivered at the levels he's played at.