BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

10 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

The squad is good enough to stay up Rev, particularly with a loan or two before the end of the month and staying up is the only aim this season.   Bottom line is nobody knows what the budget is, who we've been after or why deals have failed to be done.  The players mentioned on this thread may not have been of interest to Mowbray so he's hardly missed out on then.   Glad that Mowbray hasn't paid over the odds for players in a market that is inflated beyond belief.  One or two loans gives those players the chance to prove their worth before we actually buy them.     

We'll have to see whrther it's good enough won't we Parson. Sorry, this "the market is inflated beyond belief" guff that has been coming out of the Club all close season is absolute rubbish. The market is what it is. Prices aren't just temporarily inflated this summer then going to return to a lower level thereafter, they're going to continue to rise at least in the short to medium term.

• Like 3

The bit I’m struggling with is that, with a massive war chest, the likes not seen since Kean splashed the cash in the likes of Murphy and Slew, that we have waited for the loan market to complete our business. Presumably we are going do do deals in the loan window to ‘try before we buy’.

Can’t help but feel that some fans have been misled about how much money we had to spend.

Edited by Stuart

• Backroom

The market has been inflated for years now - can't use that as an excuse or we'll be signing League 1 and below players forever. 

Will be interested to see what Mowbray says. Let's see how the loan window pans out. If we still have nobody decent by September 1 then we'll know exactly where we stand with both the manager and the owners. 

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Will be interesting to see if this 5 million+ that we apparently have will be used in January or on top of next seasons budget.

If we go indeed have that sort of money then I don't see why the club can't do a loan deal with an obligation or at least with a view on our favour to make the move permanent on jan 1st and announce the signing that way

Kinda nice to see people on Facebook not falling for the 5 mil bid classing it as a publicity stunt , we are not stupid , had all summer and you leave it til the last 30 minutes give over ,  still can't see how this would add to season ticket sales Mr waggon wheel .. We are much weaker,  injury or two and we have a relegation squad .. These loans best be phenomenal

• Like 1

Where's the guy who took the day off work in anticipation?  :D

I'm not sure whether deals were tougher to make this window, or whether we really didn't want to spend anymore money but camouflaged it by having a few bids rejected late on. The way Tony Mowbray has been speaking about transfers must have left him just as underwhelmed as most of the fans. Will be interesting to hear what he has to say about the window as a whole. I wish they would just get rid of the transfer windows altogether. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Will be interesting to see if this 5 million+ that we apparently have will be used in January or on top of next seasons budget.

We've still got the remainder of last years budget that Mogga said he didn't spend all of. We've finally got that £50m warchest that Nixon promised.

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

If we go indeed have that sort of money then I don't see why the club can't do a loan deal with an obligation or at least with a view on our favour to make the move permanent on jan 1st and announce the signing that way

I just do not see the value in that for the selling club though. I might be wrong but why would they loan with an obligation to sell at a fixed price when that player could then have a storming six months and be valued much higher?

Unless its a player the club really does not want to keep and wants to bank on that money in 6 months time.

We’ve kept all of our better players and they’ve signed new contracts. Made a couple of decent additions. Still have the loan window available.

Thought we looked decent enough against Ipswich on saturday too, even if we do need some more strength in depth. So a couple of loans important.

Personally struggling to panic about this transfer window after some of the ones of the last few years.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We'll have to see whrther it's good enough won't we Parson. Sorry, this "the market is inflated beyond belief" guff that has been coming out of the Club all close season is absolute rubbish. The market is what it is. Prices aren't just temporarily inflated this summer then going to return to a lower level thereafter, they're going to continue to rise at least in the short to medium term.

Personally, I'm happy we are not adding to the debt and risking another transfer ban by spending beyond our means.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

The bit I’m struggling with is that, with a massive war chest, the likes not seen since Kean splashed the cash in the likes of Murphy and Slew, that we have waited for the loan market to complete our business. Presumably we are going do do deals in the loan window to ‘try before we buy’.

Can’t help but feel that some fans have been misled about how much money we had to spend.

I'm not sure how "try before you buy" deals work, are you automatically obliged to purchase at the end of the loan period or do either party have the option to pull out?

These sort of arrangements haven't worked too well for us in the past. D.J. Campbell and Barney both came in on loan and were garbage yet we still mysteriously signed them and surprise surprise they were both garbage after signing permanently as well.

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

I just do not see the value in that for the selling club though. I might be wrong but why would they loan with an obligation to sell at a fixed price when that player could then have a storming six months and be valued much higher?

Unless its a player the club really does not want to keep and wants to bank on that money in 6 months time.

Yes I said that earlier but what I meant was say brereton for instance If that just didn't get done in time?Or Maddison who has a fixed fee in his deal and wants to leave 

Sharpe saying Forest wanted in excess of 5 mill for Brereton anyway and wasn't happening 

Edited by islander200

2 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Kinda nice to see people on Facebook not falling for the 5 mil bid classing it as a publicity stunt , we are not stupid , had all summer and you leave it til the last 30 minutes give over ,  still can't see how this would add to season ticket sales Mr waggon wheel .. We are much weaker,  injury or two and we have a relegation squad .. These loans best be phenomenal

last season we got Armstrong and that proved to a good.

24 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Irony is now when we try to agree all these 'agree to buy loan deals' that everyone is raving about, they all know we have money - so the prices will go up!!

Genius.

This is something I pointed out to Sharpe last night, there you had a journo telling everyone that Rovers COULD pay the asking prices.

Then he dropped in that TM wouldn't pay more than he thought right.  Daft blurting it about like that which made me question how serious it all was.  We are owned by billionaires who COULD do a lot of things but never have.