BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

K-Hod or whoever..Thursday Deadline has passed now maybe time to simply shut this thread ,save a few bans  and maybe open a Loans thread tomorrow ?

Let everyone cool down ..preferably with a cold shower.

Fixed

1 minute ago, Baz said:

If that happens and an injury to Danny Graham, then we'll be in the relegation zone at Christmas, that's my prediction.

Just need to go and get a player in quickly. 

Even more important Dack has a completely injury free season imo.

11 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

350 pages of utter rubbish where members of this board have got themselves in utter frenzie from inane postings of fans who have heard or who have been told 3rd hand via a mate of a mate and that has made a lot of folks look like utter diks. So what? Rovers have failed to sign someone on a permanent basis today, there are still 21 days or so of the loan window to go and within those days there is opportunities to sign them permenantly . 

Some of you really need to rant in the bathroom and take a break from this forum it will make you ill.

in the meantime get yourselves to Ewood on Saturday our boys have a big game to play and Ned fans to get behind them.

I thought you said earlier in the window that fans just needed to be patient?

Didn’t quite work out ay? But still, have a pop at other posters like seems to be your way these days...

I for one am not of the opinion that this has been a major cock up. We have a few weeks to sign loan players and I would be more than happy with Harry Chapman, Gallagher and maybe another on loan. 

TM was never gonna sign anyone that upset the balance of the dressing room and maybe he is sensible enough to make sure we end up with the right men. 

1 minute ago, Igloo5090 said:

The bids for Freeman and brereton, whilst admirable, have obviously just been placed to placate fans. I am absolutely certain that there was no intention of signing either of those players.

And if the bids had been accepted ...? ..."er no ..we re just placating our fans ..bye .."

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I for one am not of the opinion that this has been a major cock up. We have a few weeks to sign loan players and I would be more than happy with Harry Chapman, Gallagher and maybe another on loan. 

TM was never gonna sign anyone that upset the balance of the dressing room and maybe he is sensible enough to make sure we end up with the right men. 

So your not dissapointed that we had 4-5 million to spend on a player (if true) but have missed out on our targets.If we have that level of funding then the manager must be as gutted as most fans not to at least get 1 over the line today 

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Didn’t quite work out ay? But still, have a pop at other posters like seems to be your way these days...

Patience is more than one window, Tony is building club from bottom of pile.

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You do know how FFP works don't you? It has nothing to do with debt.

We only have a very limited income - spending way above that means you walk a very narrow line in terms of FFP.  If you get up - great.  If not you face problems that impact on the club for years to come.   Whether we like it or not we have to live within our means.  Having renewed contracts over the summer - on improved wages - our expenditure has increased.  This isn't fantasy football - in the real world you have to cut your cloth to what you can afford.  The manager will know better than any of us who he needs and I've no doubt that a loan or two will arrive before the end of the month.  I have every confidence that the manager will ensure we don't go down and maintain our Championship status.

20 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Personally, I'm happy we are not adding to the debt and risking another transfer ban by spending beyond our means.

An ill-inforned post designed to wind people up.

Either you don't know what you are talking about or you are on the wind up.

Just now, pick32 said:

Fake bids to appease fans and lies from Mowbray in the build up to sell season tickets, there was never the money 

And how many more season tickets would we actually sell on these bids ..that happened in the last hour ? five ?six ?

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Not a pop at all and at no one in particular it’s an observation my good friend.

there are some on here who should be in the blower to the Samaritans!

Edited by 1864roverite
Amending

1 minute ago, Parsonblue said:

We only have a very limited income - spending way above that means you walk a very narrow line in terms of FFP.  If you get up - great.  If not you face problems that impact on the club for years to come.   Whether we like it or not we have to live within our means.  Having renewed contracts over the summer - on improved wages - our expenditure has increased.  This isn't fantasy football - in the real world you have to cut your cloth to what you can afford.  The manager will know better than any of us who he needs and I've no doubt that a loan or two will arrive before the end of the month.  I have every confidence that the manager will ensure we don't go down and maintain our Championship status.

And that’s the view most probably had in June.

So where has all this £4million stuff come from? 

1 minute ago, Parsonblue said:

Yes but if we believe that we are bidding 4 and 5 million it suggests there is money available and we would still be FFP compliant.

If true then the club has missed out on a couple of targets today, I'm sure Mowbray is dissapointed so why wouldn't the fans?