BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So we shouldn't bid for players for fear of letting clubs know we have money? 

Our fans are hillarious 

Nice spin. Yet another straw man in fact.

We need to scout our targets, understand their market worth and make a bid that is likely to hit the mark.

However, my point was that we have no idea if we have money or not. Yet some like to confidently state that we do and ram it down the throats of the “non-believers”.

If we had brought in one of our targets - even if at a slightly higher votive than we’d have ideally liked (we have the cash after all) then we would have some proof. As it is, like most windows we have:

- gaps in the first team (for this level)

- expectation raising empty words, excuses and lack of actual proven quality signings

- our hopes pinned on the loan market (and freebies)

- no more proof than in the past four years of Venkys intent

Yet some, like you, choose to ignore what has actually happened and continue to play games and throw rocks.

I actually want you to be right! Just once would be a start!!

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

No it doesn't. We can bid those sort of figures in the final day of every transfer window, if it doesn't see players arrive then it changes nothing. If it is too late to get the deal done or the money offered isn't enough then it changes nothing.

It means the money is there. Its very different. Not sure why you can't grasp this. Anyway, if you dont get it, I can do no more 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Be interesting to hear what he says. He can't be happy with how yesterday played out. I'm guessing he'll put a brave face on it and talk up the loan market. He can't do much else really. I hope he resists from the 'we want 4 or 5' more' rhetoric. It hasn't done him any favours.

Personally i hope he does reiterate we need 4 or 5 .TM stated we need more bodies in and we all agree on here we do. Nothings changed ..we need players in but now lumbered with loan deals ..hopefully with views to buy.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Nice spin. Yet another straw man in fact.

We need to scout our targets, understand their market worth and make a bid that is likely to hit the mark.

However, my point was that we have no idea if we have money or not. Yet some like to confidently state that we do and ram it down the throats of the “non-believers”.

If we had brought in one of our targets - even if at a slightly higher votive than we’d have ideally liked (we have the cash after all) then we would have some proof. As it is, like most windows we have:

- gaps in the first team (for this level)

- expectation raising empty words, excuses and lack of actual proven quality signings

- our hopes pinned on the loan market (and freebies)

- no more proof than in the past four years of Venkys intent

Yet some, like you, choose to ignore what has actually happened and continue to play games and throw rocks.

I actually want you to be right! Just once would be a start!!

Stuart, stop being a wart. 

Nobody is saying we don't have weaknesses in the team, so you are in fact using a strawman argument. 

If you see 3 suitcases of cash, does it not exist unless someone spends it? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It means the money is there. Its very different. Not sure why you can't grasp this. Anyway, if you dont get it, I can do no more 

No it isn't. Successfully signing quality players and vastly improving the squad is different. That hasn't happened.

We can talk until the cows come home about how much money is available, who we want to buy, what we'd like to see happen, ifs buts and maybes but reality is we've had months to do it and it hasn't happened.

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Personally i hope he does reiterate we need 4 or 5 .TM stated we need more bodies in and we all agree on here we do. Nothings changed ..we need players in but now lumbered with loan deals ..hopefully with views to buy.

He opens himself up to criticism by stating what he wants and not getting it. To say he wants 4 more and then gets zilch it makes the new recruitment process he is in charge of look amateur at best. He can talk about it when it's done. 

• Like 2

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

He opens himself up to criticism by stating what he wants and not getting it. To say he wants 4 more and then gets zilch it makes the new recruitment process he is in charge of look amateur at best. He can talk about it when it's done. 

True it doesnt look good but i do enjoy that openess of TM sticking his neck out and saying exactly what we need.

I think we d all be even more irate if he was saying nothing ,no signings and no idea which direction TM wants to go with this squad.

Now lets get some bloody players in ..

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Man opens self up to criticism by idiots online via being honest. 

• Like 1

I actually think getting players in on loan proving themselves and then getting a perm deal is a really good approach.. every transfer is a risk and lets be honest we are not in a position to make too many bad calls on players.

The other point here is that transfer deadline day purchases can be over inflated.. I would much prefer us to obtain a player in advance of this time if possible.  I think a couple of good loan deals with potential to buy will ensure we continue our progression, which based on facts over the last two seasons is, a lower end championship team.. we have to move this position over a period of time it's not going to happen overnight unless we have a huge investor. 

U think the fact TM miss managers our expectations over the last 10 days or so hasn't been helpful... but maybe he said what he believed and it just didn't come off?! If so he should come and just say that.. 

Edited by Darwen Rover 007
  • Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

But you are saying it doesn't exist. Which is a completely different topic to saying we haven't strenghtened sufficiently 

I'm saying I don't think it exists at the level reported. The reason for that being once again it hasn't been spent.

We can come up with all sorts of theories as to why but in the end those clubs with money determined to invest it strengthening their ranks just get on with it and do it.

Obviously the best way of proving a moaning, negative conspiracy theorist like me wrong is to actually go out and do it, rather than talk about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I'm saying I don't think it exists at the level reported. The reason for that being once again it hasn't been spent.

We can come up with all sorts of theories as to why but in the end those clubs with money determined to invest it strengthening their ranks just get on with it and do it.

Obviously the best way of proving a moaning, negative conspiracy theorist like me wrong is to actually go out and do it, rather than talk about it.

Do you think TM would buy into these lets pretend bids JH ..i seriously cannot see him even remotely entertaining Lets pull the wool over our supporters eyes.

And what if QPR accepted the 4M bid(which seemed  a legit bid by all accounts)would we then give back word to QPR.. sorry we was just playing a game ?

• Like 2

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Do you think TM would buy into these lets pretend bids JH ..i seriously cannot see him even remotely entertaining Lets pull the wool over our supporters eyes.

And what if QPR accepted the 4M bid(which seemed  a legit bid by all accounts)would we then give back word to QPR.. sorry we was just playing a game ?

I haven't said that. I believe Mowbray was interested in those players and that we made late bids for them. Its this talk of £5 million I'm struggling to believe, as it doesn't stack up. No doubt Mowbray likes those players and no doubt we tried to get them, and failed.

Whatever bid we made to QPR wasn't enough, so it doesn't matter how much it was.

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I haven't said that. I believe Mowbray was interested in those players and that we made late bids for them. Its this talk of £5 million I'm struggling to believe, as it doesn't stack up. No doubt Mowbray likes those players and no doubt we tried to get them, and failed.

Whatever bid we made to QPR wasn't enough, so it doesn't matter how much it was.

Just to point out JH i know you havent said that about TM ..i was just putting the question to you thats all ...apologies if i didnt get that across properly.

Just seems a dangerous game offering X amount hoping the selling club dont go ..il tell you what we ll take that .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray isn't stupid though he would have known the likes of Freeman (qpr star man last season) and brereton a promising young player would cost 4mill + in today's market do you think he would have wasted his time bidding for them if we only had 1 million or 2 million to spend?

We are all gutted no permanent signings came in but Mowbray has stated many times there is money to spend.He has been nothing but honest since he got here 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Perhaps not Mowbray ...but would you put it past Cheston, Waggott and Suhail?

But would TM put up with that sort of carry on ? Strikes me as a man of very high morals who if we re lead to believe he wont even entertain players who dont come upto scratch character wise regardless of how good they are !

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Is this window so far our biggest net spend since the season we bought Rhodes? I estimate we've spent about £2.5m on the permanent signings and brought in nothing via player sales.  

Sadly you could be right.

1 minute ago, HowieFive0 said:

But would TM put up with that sort of carry on ? Strikes me as a man of very high morals who if we re lead to believe he wont even entertain players who dont come upto scratch character wise regardless of how good they are !

Exactly this and don't Waggot and Mowbray have a close working relationship. 

I know not everyone is a fan of Nixon and I certainly take everything he says with a shovel of salt but he is making out that Venkys authorised further funds so maybe with extra funding we changed tact and looked for a higher calibre and more expensive acquisitions but ran out of time.

We can only wait and see what Mowbray says about it. Would have thought we would have heard something by now tho 

Just now, islander200 said:

Exactly this and don't Waggot and Mowbray have a close working relationship. 

I know not everyone is a fan of Nixon and I certainly take everything he says with a shovel of salt but he is making out that Venkys authorised further funds so maybe with extra funding we changed tact and looked for a higher calibre and more expensive acquisitions but ran out of time.

We can only wait and see what Mowbray says about it. Would have thought we would have heard something by now tho 

Lets hope TM doesnt resign !!!:lol: