BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Do you seriously think we played well for the majority of the season ? I can think of maybe 6 to 8 games were we dominated teams for more than 30 minutes. Most of the time we had a short period of good play that was enough to win us the game.

There was so many games last season I walked off thinking we'd played poorly but we'd still won. Doesn't make you a bad side though! Look at the season the Dingles have just had, my step dad is a season ticket holder for that lot and 9 times out of 10 after they'd won and I asked him how they played he'd say rubbish and that it was a poor game :lol: stepping up a division we have nothing to fear, if we can keep the ability to get results when we don't play well it will serve us well. 

• Like 2

I'm one of those who pointed out weeks ago that TM stated he wanted the transfer business done early and he specifically talked about having the whole squad together in Austria.

Since then, one signing and the Austrian trip has come round.

Am I being a Knee-trembler or Nay-sayer when I say that I'm concerned that maybe, for one reason or another, we are failing to maintain the momentum we created last season?

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Also, early in the season, Chapman who made cameo performances which changed games, then there was Smallwoods last gasp winner at Fleetwood, oh and how about Bennett’s mom performance in Cm against Shrewsbury? Hang on, Armstrong scored 8 goals too...Antonsson started the season in excellent goal scoring form...

Amazing really, for a one man band!! Haha

I find it impossible to take your argument seriously when you're citing players who are no longer at the Club in support of your argument that We're going to be decent next Season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I find it impossible to take your argument seriously when you're citing players who are no longer at the Club in support of your argument that We're going to be decent next Season.

This has nothing to do with whether they’re still with us or not, or next season. You made the point that last season rovers were a poor side carried by Dack. Iv now pointed out that having accumulated those points and goals along with the excellent performances from several players that it is ludicrous to say we were poor and inaccurate to say we were carried by Dack. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Butty said:

There was so many games last season I walked off thinking we'd played poorly but we'd still won. Doesn't make you a bad side though! Look at the season the Dingles have just had, my step dad is a season ticket holder for that lot and 9 times out of 10 after they'd won and I asked him how they played he'd say rubbish and that it was a poor game :lol: stepping up a division we have nothing to fear, if we can keep the ability to get results when we don't play well it will serve us well. 

This is more like it. Yes of course, great teams win when they’re seemingly ‘playing badly’. It’s very difficult to do and luck plays no part in it.

Last season 99% of the teams we faced camped on their own box with the sole intention of stopping us. There were some games where a bit of magic from Dack etc would win that game but the vast majority were won by a team that would not give up. They dug in and finally made our 70% possession pay. I remember at least two teams starting with 6-4-0 formations at Ewood, several others deployied it during games.

Rovers were not poor (apart from those early games settling in). They were caught up in so many games where the opposition had no intention of playing football. That was the reason we felt deflated at times walking out of the ground having won. It hadn’t bern entertaining, more a test of the teams desire to break through.

Poor teams with one good player cannot achieve what they did last season. To truly believe this, you cannot understand what it takes to succeed as a team.

• Like 3

Just had the pleasure of speaking to a Scunny season ticket holder on Holmes and Adelukan.

Holmes he rates really high, work ethic and attitude spot on and reckons he will easily play championship football. Okay centrally but slightly better out wide.

Adelukun he says stay away from apparently got caught drink driving and lives in Doncaster so the club pay for a taxi to training and back. He fell out with Alexander as his mate took him in one day and decided to donught spin his car in the training ground.

Says 97 percent of the time he’s non existent, head drops allot and he’s petulant. Reckons he’s a highlight player based on the fact he can score 1 in 6 games. Awful attitude.

26 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Just had the pleasure of speaking to a Scunny season ticket holder on Holmes and Adelukan.

Holmes he rates really high, work ethic and attitude spot on and reckons he will easily play championship football. Okay centrally but slightly better out wide.

Adelukun he says stay away from apparently got caught drink driving and lives in Doncaster so the club pay for a taxi to training and back. He fell out with Alexander as his mate took him in one day and decided to donught spin his car in the training ground.

Says 97 percent of the time he’s non existent, head drops allot and he’s petulant. Reckons he’s a highlight player based on the fact he can score 1 in 6 games. Awful attitude.

Adelukan's older brother was a bit of a wrongun too - so perhaps this is one to avoid.

12 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

He does have a point. Strip away the heady final days of what turned out to be a successful season.  So many "ordinary" performances were saved by one or two moments of shear class. I would imagine a stroll through the match threads on this very site would find many expressing a similar view.

Not every game can be that of a wonderful performance. I don't care how we gain points, as long as they are gained within the laws of the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RovingRover said:

Not every game can be that of a wonderful performance. I don't care how we gain points, as long as they are gained within the laws of the game.

Obviously. No-one should expect that. I was merely supporting another poster's contention that in many game the fare was poor.

Great to be able to win ugly, but that was not the point at issue.

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Obviously. No-one should expect that. I was merely supporting another poster's contention that in most game the fare was poor.

Great to be able to win ugly, but that was not the point at issue.

No, no, no. You were saying we will struggle badly next season because we played poorly in most games last season. That was what people took issue with. You never mentioned winning ugly initially. 

Abit off topic here, and this may be abit controversial as he rightly had his critics last season, but after reading the LT on Dominic Samuel I think he has identified the area which he needs and TM needs him to improve to get in the starting 11, which is his hold up. If he can add this to his game along with the pace he already has he could be a really decent player for us. His confidence took a big knock last season but I do Feel like there's a player in there and he seems to have the right attitude, however he was pretty much non-existent in the second half of last season, and if that continues this season I imagine he will be off. Going to be a big season for him.

link to the article if anyone wants to read - http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16318542.Rovers_striker_explains_decision_to_take_on_personal_trainer/?ref=mac 

• Like 5

Just now, TruRover said:

Abit off topic here, and this may be abit controversial as he rightly had his critics last season, but after reading the LT on Dominic Samuel I think he has identified the area which he needs and TM needs him to improve to get in the starting 11, which is his hold up. If he can add this to his game along with the pace he already has he could be a really decent player for us. His confidence took a big knock last season but I do Feel like there's a player in there and he seems to have the right attitude, however he was pretty much non-existent in the second half of last season, and if that continues this season I imagine he will be off. Going to be a big season for him.

link to the article if anyone wants to read - http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16318542.Rovers_striker_explains_decision_to_take_on_personal_trainer/?ref=mac 

He looks in great shape, so well done to him on that. Be great if he hits the ground running with an early goal 

41 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He looks in great shape, so well done to him on that. Be great if he hits the ground running with an early goal 

I don't see how a personal trainer will improve his first touch.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

He does have a point. Strip away the heady final days of what turned out to be a successful season.  So many "ordinary" performances were saved by one or two moments of shear class. I would imagine a stroll through the match threads on this very site would find many expressing a similar view.

There you go 

Just seen Boro signed Flint from Bristol City for £7 million. They are still spending big aren't they. Bristol sold Reid to Cardiff also, their fans aren't happy.

Edited by AAK

Just now, AAK said:

Just seen Boro signed Flint from Bristol City for £7 million. They are still spending big aren't they. Bristol sold Reid to Cardiff also, their fans aren't happy.

Flint isn't great. A big lump who is good in the opposition box, but lumbering in defence. From what I have read the Bristol fans ain't too bothered about him going. Will suit a Pulis side. All he needs is to bring Rory Delap out of retirement 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It will give him more strength allowing him to hold off the defender, meaning he will be able to get a better first touch on the ball.

But a lot of the time his first touch was awful with no defenders marking him.