BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Neal said:

Obviously plan B after Bauer, seems that ain't happening. Doubtful you'll see Rovers spend a million on a player for a long time. Sounds like we're chucking around change at clubs hoping they're desperate enough to need it. 

I'l be honest I don't blame the club for not spending 2 million on a league 1 centre back with only 12 months left on his contract.

I don't expect millions to be spent but I do think we will bring in a couple over the million mark.

500k for Davenport isn't cheap to be fair he looks a good un and hopefully will be a bargain. But as it stands he has played a max of 20 senior games so spending 500k on him isn't penny's.

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

Obviously plan B after Bauer, seems that ain't happening. Doubtful you'll see Rovers spend a million on a player for a long time. Sounds like we're chucking around change at clubs hoping they're desperate enough to need it. 

Or we’ve agreed a deal for someone else so the funds for that mean we can’t or don’t want to meet Charltons demands? Hopefully a winger not a 3rd choice Centreback? 

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

I'm all for taking your time when recruiting players but we need to get a move on only 27 days until the window shuts and we still need 5-6 players. At the moment we have a weaker squad than last season.

The problem is that all the noise coming from Rovers and those at the Telegraph suggests 5-6 players is actually more like 4 of which 2 will be Premier League youngsters on loan. We all know that such loans only usually become available at the 11th hour once the Premier League boys have their business wrapped up. It means we have to wait and see what happens and we aren't in control. Even then I can't remember many doing that well in the Championship other than those from the top clubs.

That leaves 2 permanent signings. I believe more is needed considering the influence and goals of those who have departed.

Holding back for the loans will save a few bob though.

Just now, Biz said:

Or we’ve agreed a deal for someone else so the funds for that mean we can’t or don’t want to meet Charltons demands? Hopefully a winger not a 3rd choice Centreback? 

Where is the evidence we've agreed a deal for anyone? Neal's assessment seems about right at this point, allegedly we've had offers in weeks ago for various players so seemingly either those offers must not be acceptable to the selling Clubs or the personal terms on offer must not be enticing the players in question or both.

Looks like TM needs to fly back to India sharpish to renegotiate the budget. We ain't in League 1 this season and it would be nice if it stayed that way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Biz said:

Anyone else worried we are blowing our money on new contracts for existing players?  Didn't see Smallwood or Williams as a priorty.  Still no news on Dack. 

• Like 2

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Anyone else worried we are blowing our money on new contracts for existing players?  Didn't see Smallwood or Williams as a priorty.  Still no news on Dack. 

Totally agree Williams had 2 years left and Smallwood had a year left with the option for another. Lenihan & Mulgrew were the only two we absolutely had to tie down to new contracts and unusually nothing has even been mentioned about Mulgrew yet.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Where is the evidence we've agreed a deal for anyone? Neal's assessment seems about right at this point, allegedly we've had offers in weeks ago for various players so seemingly either those offers must not be acceptable to the selling Clubs or the personal terms on offer must not be enticing the players in question or both.

Looks like TM needs to fly back to India sharpish to renegotiate the budget. We ain't in League 1 this season and it would be nice if it stayed that way.

Or clubs are waiting until they have replacements lined up before they agree to sell?

We obviously don't have much money so we can't be affording to over spend and get the deals done quickly by paying a premium.

We don't know what conversations have been had...taking Armstrong as one example , conversations could have been had with Newcastle but they could be telling us they won't release him until they have people in themselves,Chapman it could be down to Pulis wanting to have a look at him before a decision is made.Fact is we don't know,none of us do.

I want new signings that will improve our first 11 as much as the next fan but I don't want us to be over spending on targets either

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Totally agree Williams had 2 years left and Smallwood had a year left with the option for another. Lenihan & Mulgrew were the only two we absolutely had to tie down to new contracts and unusually nothing has even been mentioned about Mulgrew yet.

Mulgrew is getting on and I'd be presuming he would want to be keeping his options open as he will only have one move left in him.I don't envisage a new deal for Mulgrew at this point,I think both parties will want to reassess at the end of the season 

Two new deals for new players and more for Lenihan, Williams, Graham et al: that’s quite a few new deals, and since the quotes from Charlton suggest they aren’t prepared to accept our offer at the minute, I’m not surprised to hear reports we are looking at others (McFazdean or whatever he’s called)

Still think we’re in a better position than 2 years ago, squad wise- no panic yet, for me at least.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Dack signed 4 year deal 12 months ago, unproven in championship and therefore unlikely to be involved in big offers imo - I think he will sign a contract though, but wingers/wideforwards are priority for me.

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

New deal for Dack close according to Sharp from telegraph

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The problem is that all the noise coming from Rovers and those at the Telegraph suggests 5-6 players is actually more like 4 of which 2 will be Premier League youngsters on loan. We all know that such loans only usually become available at the 11th hour once the Premier League boys have their business wrapped up. It means we have to wait and see what happens and we aren't in control. Even then I can't remember many doing that well in the Championship other than those from the top clubs.

That leaves 2 permanent signings. I believe more is needed considering the influence and goals of those who have departed.

Holding back for the loans will save a few bob though.

The telegraph stated Mowbray was looking for 6 signings but that was before Davenport and Rothwell were brought in

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

I keep seeing this  'we are a League One squad' being banded about. We were way too good for League One; that's why we amassed nearly 100 points.  Chapman (who I want) barely started and then didn't feature for months. Antonsson was generally poor but had a purple patch of goalscoring before long-term injury and losing his place. Armstrong (who took over from Antonsson) made a heck of a difference before his form tailed off at the end of the season (I would like to add him though).  There's plenty of time to get the Chapman and Armstrong deals signed and I have absolutely no doubt that we will add quality via loans.  Regardless, the squad, the attitude and everything Blackburn Rovers is in much better shape than when we were relegated.  I see any additions as pushing us towards the play offs, rather than just keeping us out of the relegation places.

Don't understand this "the squad is so much better than when we went down" argument.

The rump of this squad took us Down. The argument seems to me to be based solely on the assumption that the likes of Raya Smallwood and Dack will be so much better than Steele Lowe and what we had before etc we'll be ok. 

That may well turn out to be true but  it's placing a massive burden on Dack in particular. Up front Conway and Graham are both 2 years older than the last time they took us down and I'd say Samuel and Nuttall are even weaker options than Gallagher and Emnes who both looked decent at various points.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Wheres this from? And who are the signing? Or just a feeling?

Not sure if his recent track record but neophox was always very close to goings-on.

Good sign.

48 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I'l be honest I don't blame the club for not spending 2 million on a league 1 centre back with only 12 months left on his contract.

I don't expect millions to be spent but I do think we will bring in a couple over the million mark. 

Yeah agreed. I wouldn't be spending millions on players either, let alone someone near the end of his contract. 

Don't understand this "the squad is so much better than when we went down" argument.

The rump of this squad took us Down. The argument seems to me to be based solely on the assumption that the likes of Raya Smallwood and Dack will be so much better than Steele Lowe and what we had before etc we'll be ok. 

That may well turn out to be true but  it's placing a massive burden on Dack in particular. Up front Conway and Graham are both 2 years older than the last time they took us down and I'd say Samuel and Nuttall are even weaker options than Gallagher and Emnes who both looked decent at various points.

We definitely need more attacking options but since going down Raya has secured the number 1 spot much better option than Steele.Nyambe has improved and is now a better player than what he was,Lenihan and Mulgrew have developed a good partnership at centre half, first half of the season we went down they where playing midfield so most certainly our back line is stronger than when we went down.

For me Smallwood is an upgrade on Lowe who was playing in his position when we went down.Hopefully Davenport can show some quality and nail down a position in midfield but if not we have Evans who played the season we went down so no difference.

We now have Dack who imo is a better attacking option than anything we had the season we went down.

We need 2 first choice wide men and a quality striker to compete with Graham for the lone front man role but still in my view we are in a much better place than when we went down

45 minutes ago, Biz said:

Maybe, I'd say that Bauer one is one to forget. 

12 minutes ago, Neal said:

Maybe, I'd say that Bauer one is one to forget. 

Later in transfer window 500k + add ons.

After seeing the posh chairman’s tweets, perhaps my glass half full attitude is telling me that we’ve almost signed Marcus Maddison. Either that or the 4 cans of Red Stripe...! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz said:

Later in transfer window 500k + add ons.

After seeing the posh chairman’s tweets, perhaps my glass half full attitude is telling me that we’ve almost signed Marcus Maddison. Either that or the 4 cans of Red Stripe...! 

Alan Mixon @Reluctantnico  Just now

Unusual, 2 cans incoming, Jamacian, 56 easy payments, might only be one, unbelievable

Bit in paper #rovers #venkys

• Like 1

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

What's he tweeted lad?

Something in the week - ask @S8 & Blue unless I’m mis- remembering! Nothing concrete...

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Alan Mixon @Reluctantnico  Just now

Unusual, 2 cans incoming, Jamacian, 56 easy payments, might only be one, unbelievable

Bit in paper #rovers #venkys

Laughed at that!