BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The only 1 of them you could call a definite starter was Armstrong though. 

I would have doubts about Samuel and Nutall too, so we do need a striker. 

Payne was a nice back up to Dack, I am surprised we didn't sign him on loan as he was available. I suppose he didn't want to be a sub, nor did Huddersfield. I think Mowbray plans on using Rothwell there. Then there is Glad.... actually, ya so Rothwell can play there 

Payne is a good signing for Bradford.They also signed Scannell from Huddersfield today another good signing for league one.

Could be a decent bet for promotion next season 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RovingRover said:

Portsmouth close to agreeing a fee in the region of £1.5m for Cheltenham United's exciting forward Mo Eisa. Sunderland had a bid of £1 million plus add ons rejected. He was someone we might have been linked to mentioned last week.

That is very steep for a league 2 player, however he seems like a dynamic forward going places.  Found these quotes from Barry Fry after PBoro had an offer rejected: 

It’s now expected Eisa (23) will move to a Championship club. Fry said: “We bid a million pound for Eisa and we couldn’t believe it when it was turned down, but his agent said he has a Championship club interested so good luck to him.

Edited by briansol

Keep seeing that our squad is as good as the one that went down and fair enough, I wouldn't argue to much with that. But is it much better? I'd say not. Need 3 or 4 bringing in badly before the Ipswich game. 

Just now, islander200 said:

Is he not a striker?I think it could be the Harrison who someone else suggesged

Being a betting man I've seen quite a few MLS games and Harrison is a good player. Had a really good spell at NYC and I'd say he's ready for first team football in the championship, he'd be a good little signing if we could pull that off. I haven't had chance to read back through the thread. Have we been linked with a move? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Payne is a good signing for Bradford.They also signed Scannell from Huddersfield today another good signing for league one.

Could be a decent bet for promotion next season 

Ya, some good signings alright. I see there manager is (kind of) Irish. Very patriotic name too :) He got promoted from manager of the under 18s. I had forgotten Grayson had left. 

Just now, Butty said:

Being a betting man I've seen quite a few MLS games and Harrison is a good player. Had a really good spell at NYC and I'd say he's ready for first team football in the championship, he'd be a good little signing if we could pull that off. I haven't had chance to read back through the thread. Have we been linked with a move? 

No not directly but the telegraph are running with a story that we want to take a Manchester City wide man on loan but the move has been held up due to the player in question going to the States with City on their pre season tour

Just now, islander200 said:

No not directly but the telegraph are running with a story that we want to take a Manchester City wide man on loan but the move has been held up due to the player in question going to the States with City on their pre season tour

I see, if it was Harrison I'd be pleased with that. Good little player. 

Just now, briansol said:

The LET claims it's an attacker, so Lukas Nmencha seems to be a decent bet. 

I read it as a winger as the article suggests it would be in preference to Kent who is a wide player.Nmencha is only 19  does look talented,but I'd be more comfortable and more confident if it was Harrison

• Like 1

In terms of loans don't think we should be looking at players unless they have first team experience.

We need wide players desperately, if I was TM id be looking to try and get 2 of Maddison, Harrison, Chapman or Wildshut.

Hugill is a great shout for upfront just think other clubs will be ahead of us for him. Gallagher and Bradshaw wouldn't be bad options either.  

Edited by TruRover

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I'm hoping it's Patrick Roberts. More experienced than the others. 

Would be nice but a pipe dream. He was on loan at Celtic weren't he? Can't see him coming down to a lower league Champ club after a successful enough spell there.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Edited by roversinmyblood

14 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I'm hoping it's Patrick Roberts. More experienced than the others. 

Not a chance it would be Roberts in my opinion, the last year has seen him linked with 10 million moves to both Leicester and Southampton. Would be an unreal loan signing but no way do I see it happening

31 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

I was surprised when I heard Charlton were signing him, so this makes sense. He was the slowest and most lumbering centre half I have ever seen in a Rovers shirt. 

I don't think it will affect our chances of getting Bauer though, the article mentions they have options other than Ward. A number of Charlton fans are tweeting that the club are enforcing lights off policies around the ground and requesting staff wash their own uniforms, all in the name of cost cutting. They will end up selling us Bauer for around 3-4 hundred thousand. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, R1verS1deBlue said:

Answer to your first question - most of them / competition for places.

Did I mention "Championship First Team Quality" to improve last season's 3rd division first team.

I presume you recall the relegation the season before so I won't go over it again.

Answer to second question - Yes I KNOW I will be. I won't be the only one.

Only those who's expectations have been realigned by the managed decline will not be.

So you want to replace most of our team from last year? Wow. 

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Do you really think it's as simple as knowing the fee and wages before going for a player? Wow. It's so simple. Why does practically every transfer drag on I just don't know. You should be our Head of negotiations :) before you inevitably get poached by Madrid of course :D

You aren't telling me that agents aren't approached pre transfer bid to get an idea of wages/likelihood of them joining?

If we didn't then that is naive in the extreme.   However, Competition for a signature may drive a contract up. 

Then by correlation,  if you know the initial contract demands and that there is interest in a player....you need to budget accordingly which it appears we haven't done. 

I look forward to working in Spain ?

Just now, R1verS1deBlue said:

To compete at the top end of the Championship, we NEED to.

If we want to fight relegation, we don't need to.

Any questions ?

Very black and white. Replacing most of our team which won promotion last season would be silly. There is a great team spirit there. The ideal is to compliment the squad with some additional quality. Now is not a time for wholesale changes 

• Like 1