BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, BrisRover said:

I’m probably dreaming and it’s wishful thinking but could it be Daniel Arzani as the ‘Manchester City’ youngster. It looks as though he has been in negotiations with City for sometime now and maybe Roma’s late interest has stalled the move. I read that in the case that City signed him they were going to loan him out to adjust. Probably a 1 + 1 = 4 scenario and a lot of maybes but there you go ?

https://www.news.com.au/sport/football/report-italian-club-roma-chasing-socceroo-daniel-arzani/news-story/f8bf7b1032a34e7ebe617a518c20d69c

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/football/socceroos/italian-club-roma-are-believed-to-be-interested-in-daniel-arzani/news-story/4a68420d49d7405457d08f580b93741d

Wow, I hope you are right 

I really don't think there is any 'pot' of transfer money at all Venkys don't work like that it doesn't seem to fit into their accounting process chucking in extra lumps to buy players.

What we have is an increased overall budget they've sanctioned made up of the extra 5 mill that comes instantly with promotion and the projected near enough same again from revenue increase Waggot was on about.

Out of that comes the new contracts, bonuses, pay rises, ground/pitch maintanence etc etc so whatever extra might be left after that lot is likely what they'll have to invest, i.e not a lot. TM will have a few bids in and a ball park figure he can go to like say c500k for Bauer but if it doesn't come off that might go to loaning in Gallagher or someone he feels can contribute straight off.

That's the balancing act and reality of it I think and like last year were Chapman & the West Brom kid came in there'll be a couple of punts like that with the parent club paying most of the wages in turn for a set number of appearances of varying degrees. That's fair enough it makes sense to try and get raw pace out wide even if it is raw, Chapman worked out last year but Harper didn't that's the 50/50 gamble when you can't buy what you really need.

Key also is maybe getting Venkys to sanction a couple of decent loans of more experience as they have in the past on top of all that just mentioned. They seem to bite at that rather than be willing to put cash in to buy but as long as the squad is stronger hopefully better by the end of the window however they arrive is what's needed.

• Like 2

Apparently according to Nixons Twitter feed(not just him saying it)Wildschut going to Bolton on loan as Wigan wouldn't pay what's needed.

Thought they were in dispute for not paying bonus clauses? 

Would be a good signing.Can only hope that TM has better lined up 

Just now, tomphil said:

I really don't think there is any 'pot' of transfer money at all Venkys don't work like that it doesn't seem to fit into their accounting process chucking in extra lumps to buy players.

What we have is an increased overall budget they've sanctioned made up of the extra 5 mill that comes instantly with promotion and the projected near enough same again from revenue increase Waggot was on about.

Out of that comes the new contracts, bonuses, pay rises, ground/pitch maintanence etc etc so whatever extra might be left after that lot is likely what they'll have to invest, i.e not a lot. TM will have a few bids in and a ball park figure he can go to like say c500k for Bauer but if it doesn't come off that might go to loaning in Gallagher or someone he feels can contribute straight off.

That's the balancing act and reality of it I think and like last year were Chapman & the West Brom kid came in there'll be a couple of punts like that with the parent club paying most of the wages in turn for a set number of appearances of varying degrees. That's fair enough it makes sense to try and get raw pace out wide even if it is raw, Chapman worked out last year but Harper didn't that's the 50/50 gamble when you can't buy what you really need.

Key also is maybe getting Venkys to sanction a couple of decent loans of more experience as they have in the past on top of all that just mentioned. They seem to bite at that rather than be willing to put cash in to buy but as long as the squad is stronger hopefully better by the end of the window however they arrive is what's needed.

I really don’t think we are in the era of “green light” on deals, I was under the impression, there is a budget, and the management are free to use that in anyway they want.

That was* a massive problem imo, that need for individual consent on everything.

”is the budget big enough?” is a different debate entirely

*whether you believe the club management/structure has final say on deals within a previously agreed budget.

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Mowbray is talking about agents like this is his first season in management, surely by now he knows the score on that front and should know how to deal with them?

Probably what he is doing. Having to wait for them to come down to sensible terms or move on. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Apparently according to Nixons Twitter feed(not just him saying it)Wildschut going to Bolton on loan as Wigan wouldn't pay what's needed.

Thought they were in dispute for not paying bonus clauses? 

Would be a good signing.Can only hope that TM has better lined up 

Wildschut confirmed at Bolton. Good signing. Goes to show that even those clubs without two pennies to rub together can do reasonable business in the market. What we're playing at who knows.

• Like 3

Just now, JHRover said:

Wildschut confirmed at Bolton. Good signing. Goes to show that even those clubs without two pennies to rub together can do reasonable business in the market. What we're playing at who knows.

Good signing for them. Would have taken him here.

I feel Rovers have a budget between 3 to 5 million pounds but currently the market is very expensive and Mowbray 1st targets are expensive or unavailable until they sign a replacement. I think we will make a couple of permanent signings before the deadline. 

But lets say Newcastle want 3 million pounds plus 25% sell on clause for Armstrong but they want it up front which Rovers wont want to do. Ashley want top dollar and very good businessman plus Benitez has said they need to sell before they can buy. Plus the standoff between Ashley and Benitez isnt good

Just now, JHRover said:

Hopefully negotiating with Maddisons agent.

We do need to start getting some players over the line, don't want to be going into the first game with only Conway and Bennett as wide options and Graham as our only proven front man.Graham is already struggling with an injury 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This really frustrates me we should of been all over that 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I hope we get Kent deal over the line

Screenshot_20180719-163810_Twitter.jpg

He doesnt know hence him having a couple of teams in the mix so he has more chance of stumbling across a story.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I feel Rovers have a budget between 3 to 5 million pounds but currently the market is very expensive and Mowbray 1st targets are expensive or unavailable until they sign a replacement. I think we will make a couple of permanent signings before the deadline. 

But lets say Newcastle want 3 million pounds plus 25% sell on clause for Armstrong but they want it up front which Rovers wont want to do. Ashley want top dollar and very good businessman plus Benitez has said they need to sell before they can buy. Plus the standoff between Ashley and Benitez isnt good

From where is this figure plucked? Id be pleasantly shocked if it was that much.

• Moderation Lead

Bolton allegedly haven’t paid their players and are struggling, yet they are still able to get Wildschut over the line.

A little bit frustrating that he hasn’t come here, I’m not going to lie. Christ alive, we need some more bodies....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Bolton allegedly haven’t paid their players and are struggling, yet they are still able to get Wildschut over the line.

A little bit frustrating that he hasn’t come here, I’m not going to lie. Christ alive, we need some more bodies....

They don't have venomous venkys

8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I agree would have been an ideal signing but it may have nothing to do with lack of funds could be that Mowbray just wasn't interested.

On another note Nixon is changing his tact big time on Kent.Yesterday we had pulled clear in the race, now it's Rangers back in and Kent may prefer to go there as more chance of playing every week.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

He doesnt know hence him having a couple of teams in the mix so he has more chance of stumbling across a story.

From where is this figure plucked? Id be pleasantly shocked if it was that much.

My opinion

Derby seem to be doing good buisness,Mount and Wilson already in on loan and now close to signing Jozefzoon from Brentford for 2.75 million.

Egan has joined Sheffield United for a reported 3 million from Brentford. 

Clubs are starting to do deals now so hopefully we will hear some news soon

Edited by islander200

• Backroom
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Kent not on the bench tonight. On his way to us hopefully

Still not convinced but we need some bodies in, need to get them playing together before the season starts we can’t start the season with Conway and Bennett out wide!