BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

I like it when Adam has major downers on Rovers ..his comments during match threads last season  saying we re doomed ...we re going to get beat ...we ll never go up ..etc etc etc  always transpired into the complete opposite ...so if Adam is on a downer i take it as a sign things will be ok !

You carry on Adam ...

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I watched a doc about agents and have read a lot about it. They are basically used car salesmen on steroids. For an honest ,genuine man like Mowbray, it must be frustrating. I would imagine they lie, don't answer calls when it suits and all sorts of other bullshit to try and manipulate things so as to make as much money as possible. A really ,really bad side effect of the modern game and its hyper monetization 

Which documentary?

5 hours ago, Biz said:

I really don’t think we are in the era of “green light” on deals, I was under the impression, there is a budget, and the management are free to use that in anyway they want.

That was* a massive problem imo, that need for individual consent on everything.

”is the budget big enough?” is a different debate entirely

*whether you believe the club management/structure has final say on deals within a previously agreed budget.

I agree that the say might have switched now to Waggot and co but imo they are working within the parameters of an overall budget rather than a few million pot set aside as such. He sounds like he's got his finger on the pulse as regards costings and actually income plus estimated extra income so I think he'll be keeping a tight reign on it to come in this season with all football costs plus investment on that overall budget.

No bad thing it's the right way to do it at last and maybe a watered down version of Williams under the trust in it's later years. I don't think knocking on Venkys door saying we really want this Bauer can you find us an extra million to buy him would have any legs whatsoever. Knocking on that door and saying can we stretch the budget to accommodate a loan signing like Gallagher just might, that's the way the seem to like to do it.

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

Sun article from Nixon saying Kent going to Rangers 

Expect to see him in a Rovers shirt come the weekend!

Could be completely wrong about this, but I'm not all that sorry. Going off the totality of what other fans have said, clearly there's some talent there, but a lack of an end product & footballing intellegence comes up again and again.

If a loan player has to do too much 'learning on the job' then it's probably means that the loaning club is getting the rough end of the deal. Hopefully this means we can get better.

Been away for a few weeks and just catching up. Agree with the consensus of concern - out wide was our number one problem area and we’ve brought in absolutely zilch thus far which is very concerning, not to mention up front. If Graham is crocked come start of the season and we’re reliant on Samuel to bag the goals then we may as well wave the white flag now. 

• Like 3

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Been away for a few weeks and just catching up. Agree with the consensus of concern - out wide was our number one problem area and we’ve brought in absolutely zilch thus far which is very concerning, not to mention up front. If Graham is crocked come start of the season and we’re reliant on Samuel to bag the goals then we may as well wave the white flag now. 

Samuel didnt even start upfront tonight - Dack did (which highlights both our shortage in the striking department and the fact that Samuel would not be deemed a good enough  as a striker) 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Screenshot_20180719-230244_Twitter.jpg

Well few games into preseason and we’ve got two development players. Sorry but it’s disappointing , surely a manager wants them in early to get them up to speed. The season starts before the window right? Every game 3 points is crucial.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Antony Stokes has signed for a team in Iran - this can only end well!

There'd better be a clause in his contract re the maximum number of lashes he gets for alcohol possession, or he won't be fit to play very often!

• Like 3