BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

10 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Would be nice to think this share capital that has just come in was our budget - in true Venkies style its been left very late if it is. Surely the costs of running the club have reduced significantly in previous seasons with all the high earning dross being removed. 

Probably not our budget though.

What share capital?

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why not? He has played less first team football than Davenport and he cost roughly £500,000. Achieved nowhere near what Dack had(L1 player of the year) when we signed him for £750,000. Chapman has talent, but has played little 1st team football, is in the last year of his contract and has just come back from injury, as you point out. I don't see how he is worth anymore right now to be honest. 

Tricky 20 year old winger thats succeeded at England U18, England U20 and League 1 level... I just don't see it being 500k. I think its more likely he signs a contract extension with Boro and comes back on loan, they won't want to lose him for 500k.  Or at least, I wouldn't.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I am looking forward to the season, I am neither particularly bothered or impressed by our transfer activity. Lets wait and see how we perform, come the games. Supporters being worried about signings is not going to effect results one iota.

You know what WILL effect our results? If we don't bring two strikers and two wingers in. 

16 minutes ago, J*B said:

I just can't see how Chapman is 500k in this market. Even with 12 months left on his deal and after two big injuries. Regardless we won't pay any figures like 2m quid upfront for anyone we sign. 

For me Chapman is an outstanding talent.  Way way better than Armstrong injuries permitting and would be well worth a punt at up to 750 or even 1m.

If we won't spend £2m on a player then that will explain why We're struggling to bring anyone in, I wouldn't have thought you can buy the left bootlace of anyone decent for much less than that as we move up the levels.

I'm beginning to wonder if We're going to bring ANYONE else permanent in or will it all be loans which for me would be an extremely poor window as if we survive the rebuilding process would have to start again next Season.

How many loans are we entitled to make in total?

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

Tricky 20 year old winger thats succeeded at England U18, England U20 and League 1 level... I just don't see it being 500k. I think its more likely he signs a contract extension with Boro and comes back on loan, they won't want to lose him for 500k.  Or at least, I wouldn't.

I think it is a bit of a stretch to say he succeeded at League 1 level. He played around 30 games there, mostly off the bench and has scored 3 goals. 

Plenty of players play underage for England do little in their careers. Chapman has a lot to prove for me. I can't see him going for much more than £500,000 , particularly with the injuries 

1 hour ago, Biz said:

The last 12 months show a slight different trend, regardless of how insignificant you see the achievement of returning from the third tier at first time of asking.

Where in my post did it mention our time in the third division being insignificant? If anything it set that time as different from the previous seasons .

Where was the mention of Venky's in my post?

""The previous six and a half seasons before our season in the third division , perhaps"

33 minutes ago, J*B said:

I just can't see how Chapman is 500k in this market. Even with 12 months left on his deal and after two big injuries. Regardless we won't pay any figures like 2m quid upfront for anyone we sign. 

Agreed.For me Chapman is an outstanding talent.  Way way better than Armstrong injuries permitting and would be well worth a punt at up to 750 or even 1m.

If we won't spend £2m on a player then that will explain why We're struggling to bring anyone in, I wouldn't have thought you can buy the left bootlace of anyone decent for much less than that as we move up the levels.

I'm beginning to wonder if We're going to bring ANYONE else permanent in or will it all be loans which for me would be an extremely poor window as if we survive the rebuilding process would have to start again next Season. No doubt next season the complaint would be prices had gone up even more as well.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

41 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Very wishful. We have been told ad infinitum that the best we can expect without departures is 2 perms, 2 loans.

And the reason we can't get rid of certain players is because they were rubbish we never should have signed in the first place.

Shows you can't ever trust anyone totally.

21 minutes ago, roverandout said:

The thing about chaddy is i think he likes playing devil's advocate. I dont believe he believes in half the stuff he writes.  If not may god have mercy on us all.

If devil's advocate =WUM I agree with you.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

For me Chapman is an outstanding talent.  Way way better than Armstrong injuries permitting and would be well worth a punt at up to 750 or even 1m.

I'm beginning to wonder if We're going to bring ANYONE else permanent in or will it all be loans which for me would be an extremely poor window as if we survive the rebuilding process would have to start again next Season.

I think we'll commit more than 2m quid on one player - but I don't think it'll be upfront, probably over 3/4 years. 

On a different note, I noticed Pboro's chairman has tweeted than Leeds haven't made a new offer for Maddison "today". So it sounds like they have been in for him at some point. Not sure where this fits in with 'the club interested weren't in the top half or bottom half of the Championship last season'. 

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

is today the day, lads? is today the day?

hope we have a signing announced before the Everton game. or after.

My thoughts are we've got 4 players signed and that the plan is to unveil them at half time tonight. A man can dream :lol: :lol: 

• Like 1

Leeds just signed Douglas or someone from Wolves for 3 mil - so hopefully they are no longer interested in Maddison.

Edit: Oh, just seen Douglas is a LB

Edited by JacknOry

So just to recap. Eight and a bit days to the start of the season and we STILlL need

Big nasty centre back ideally with Championship experience

2 pacey wide men

and 2 quality strikers all of whom can make an impact at Championship level.

This is like the end of a game of one day cricket when you are trying in vain to chase a target and the run rate goes up and up.

We'll need more than a player a day soon.

• Like 4

Just now, Butty said:

My thoughts are we've got 4 players signed and that the plan is to unveil them at half time tonight. A man can dream :lol: :lol: 

??

two fast, tall, strong wingers, one nippy strong striker and a brute of a CH..running out to We Are The Champions

ah..I dreamt something similar but alas Marriott has gone to Derby ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I'm sure when I glanced through the Telegraph article first thing this morning it said we were hoping for at least 4 more arrivals and has since been changed to at least 3 new arrivals.

Worrying. Seems we're constantly retreating from Mowbray's early hopes and now we're setting the bar at 3 of which a couple will be loans.

To be fair, I’m not sure I believe that you could restrict yourself to just glance anything!

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Ummm...there is one thing worryingly different about that article lads...it's now saying at least THREE signing by the end of both windows. Sure they've always said 4 was the number until now. Now it only says up to 4.

We definitely need at least 4.

I’ve said all along we need 5 more and stick by it, 2 wingers, 2 strikers and one CB

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

*BIG TRANSFER NEWS*

Olivia Atwood joins Celebs come dating or some shit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5984197/Love-Islands-Olivia-Attwood-signs-Celebs-Dating-split-footballer-Bradley-Dack.html 

Joking aside, I thought she was with Dacky? I really wish he would settle down with a nice girl, this celebrity nonsense does not mix well with being a professional athlete  

She was out on Saturday in Manchester with Dackypants

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think we'll commit more than 2m quid on one player - but I don't think it'll be upfront, probably over 3/4 years. 

On a different note, I noticed Pboro's chairman has tweeted than Leeds haven't made a new offer for Maddison "today". So it sounds like they have been in for him at some point. Not sure where this fits in with 'the club interested weren't in the top half or bottom half of the Championship last season'. 

The team Maddison was close to join was WBA. The PBoro chairman tweeted Yesterday that the deal was that WBA moved out McLaren first, then they went and got a loan winger instead, so he didn't sound too pleased. We were never in the running apperantly. Currently Maddison played for PBoro and doesn't seem to go anywhere. 

Marriott has gone to Derby and it seemed the PBoro auction wasn't that successful as Derby was the only team bidding.

Just now, islander200 said:

Hopefully he is talking crap but Nixon tweeted that Mowbray wanted a couple of cheap buys but looking like loans only now 

Not good - If true, not good at all. I do hope he is talking his usual crap.

So, where is this healthy budget that TM and Waggot were thrilled with? We have spent half of what we spent last season.

• Like 1