BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

not really on Bolton. We need 4 signings they need a lot more. 

Antonsson and Payne were big players? really? false to say this IMO. Armstrong is the player we miss the most. Hasn't Rothwell replaced Payne? Yes IMO

Hull haven't signed a striker to replace Abel Hendenrez. 

The window isn't close yet. we have 14 days to make 2 permanent signings and over a month to make 2 loan signings

Rothwell

We need more than 4. Just because 4 appears to be the number we are hoping to get doesn't mean it is enough.

We've 1 week to get signings in before the season begins. Points are won and in our case usually lost in the first month of the season whilst we're still assembling our squad.

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

They were 3 loan players, you are making it out like we sold them or something. Antonnsson and Payne made 18 appearances each, Paynes definitely mostly from the bench and Antonnsson about 50/50 starting and from the bench. 

You said "we lost 3 big players from last season". That is an exaggeration. The 3 combined contributed about as much as Dack, Graham and Mulgrew did individually. They were our big players. 2 of whom we have tied to new contracts. 

I know you're trying to disagree with everything I say.

Can we just leave it in simple terms.

We are weaker than we were at the end of last season when we were in a weaker division. Agree?

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

We need more than 4. Just because 4 appears to be the number we are hoping to get doesn't mean it is enough.

We've 1 week to get signings in before the season begins. Points are won and in our case usually lost in the first month of the season whilst we're still assembling our squad.

How many do we need; 12? , 19? 42? 

2 wingers , a striker and a CB.

I don't see what else we need personally 

Those saying we have replaced Payne with Rothwell and claiming he only played from the bench and started 3 games need to remember that he could not get in the Oxford team ahead of Payne when he was there. 

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

I know you're trying to disagree with everything I say.

Can we just leave it in simple terms.

We are weaker than we were at the end of last season when we were in a weaker division. Agree?

Weaker from an attacking point of view alright,mostly due to Armstrong returning, but we have signed 2 additional players on permanent deals and a number of key players on long term deals. Agree? 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Those saying we have replaced Payne with Rothwell and claiming he only played from the bench and started 3 games need to remember that he could not get in the Oxford team ahead of Payne when he was there. 

That can't be right. Rothwell played 36 games last season , so he must have been playing when Payne was there. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

not really on Bolton. We need 4 signings they need a lot more. 

Antonsson and Payne were big players? really? false to say this IMO. Armstrong is the player we miss the most. Hasn't Rothwell replaced Payne? Yes IMO

Hull haven't signed a striker to replace Abel Hendenrez. 

The window isn't close yet. we have 14 days to make 2 permanent signings and over a month to make 2 loan signings

Rothwell

Rothwell may have replaced Payne but in no way, shape or form is he currently a better player than Payne.  If that is one of our like for like replacements.  It is a very poor one. 

• Like 1

Just now, briansol said:

You could argue that Rothwell was his replacement but he is more of a midfield type than an attacking midfielder that unlocks defences. 

I'm not going to lie, I know absolutely nothing about either of the signings we've made and I'm just going to judge them on how they play - it worked last season ?

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

From the bench most of the time.

How do you know that? I can't find the info online

Anyway, I don't think they are like for like palyers

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/who-is-joe-rothwell-manchester-united-youngster-in-squad-watford-a6907701.html 

Rothwell is a box-to-box-midfielder, described as one who “likes to drive forward and set up attacks” by his club’s official website.

"I like to get on the ball and drive forward and set up attacks," he said earlier this season. "My main asset is driving past players, beating players and bringing others into play. I’m trying to add a few more goals so hopefully I can do that."

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

There you go 

Playing left, right or centre mid, not attacking midfield 

Why do people come on here making stuff up to prove their points? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Some of the over reaction from the lack of transfers is incredible. We still have plenty of time before the window closes, the amount of people who just want a signing to have a signing is crazy. I am delighted to see my club not spend 8M on someone like Martyn Waghorn i mean seriously! Reality is whether we have rich owners or not means nothing. Venky's has stated over and over that they want us to be self-sufficient (Ironically this was the model we had prior to their purchase). However, the reality is we are in a position first season back in the championship, it has changed dramatically since we left it, and therefore anything other than survival in this league must be a priority. Mowbray has earned my trust, he has earned my patience, and I will give him until the end of the Transfer and Loan window before making my mind up. Lots is going behind the scene I am actually impressed with the professionalism from ROvers of not having leaks here and there. Take 5 minutes go and have a cigarette and pint to calm down...

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Some of the over reaction from the lack of transfers is incredible. We still have plenty of time before the window closes, the amount of people who just want a signing to have a signing is crazy. I am delighted to see my club not spend 8M on someone like Martyn Waghorn i mean seriously! Reality is whether we have rich owners or not means nothing. Venky's has stated over and over that they want us to be self-sufficient (Ironically this was the model we had prior to their purchase). However, the reality is we are in a position first season back in the championship, it has changed dramatically since we left it, and therefore anything other than survival in this league must be a priority. Mowbray has earned my trust, he has earned my patience, and I will give him until the end of the Transfer and Loan window before making my mind up. Lots is going behind the scene I am actually impressed with the professionalism from ROvers of not having leaks here and there. Take 5 minutes go and have a cigarette and pint to calm down...

This is the most recent example, so don't take it personally 'Roverstdt', it's not just you.

But, I've noticed recently a lot of people have started talking about 'over reaction' 'hysteria' or taking a holier than thou stance about people they disagree with en masse.

Please can we quote examples and explain why we disagree, as otherwise, it just comes across as a thinly veiled attempt at winding people up. 

So, in short, can we not do that, please?

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

This is the most recent example, so don't take it personally 'Roverstdt', it's not just you.

But, I've noticed recently a lot of people have started talking about 'over reaction' 'hysteria' or taking a holier than thou stance about people they disagree with en masse.

Please can we quote examples and explain why we disagree, as it just comes across as a thinly veiled attempt at winding people up, can we not do that, please?

There's no over reaction it's genuine concern. Any fan of any football club who were needing 4 or 5 players in and the transfer window was closing in less than 2 weeks, as well as the season itself starting in less than 2 weeks would be concerned. I don't think any one has over reacted on here, the only thing I've seen which is an over reaction is the guy who's tweet I posted on here earlier. Let's not forget either, we aren't fans of just any football club. We are fans of a football club with absolutely useless owners who's track record in transfer windows speaks for itself. We are right to be skeptical. Doesn't mean we won't be delighted when we bring some new signings in. That's what we all want at the end of the day.

Edited by Butty

1 minute ago, roverstdt said:

More irony in the fact that the way they do things goes directly against the self sufficient model because they keep racking up the loses themselves, funny that.

Anyway echo some of the sentiments on TM although the longer it goes on the more I see the time he'll come out with 'These lads deserve a chance so we'll go with what we have and see what January brings'

27 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

From the bench most of the time.

He played 36 games, 26 starts. Certainly played a lot of games with Payne and was used in different positions as winger, central and attacking midfielder. Oxford fans seems to think he has the ability to play in the Championship but need consistency in the performances. 

I think he's bought as a squad player with potential rather than a starter. 

http://www.soccerbase.com is an excellent site for those who wants statistics

16 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Please can we quote examples and explain why we disagree, as otherwise, it just comes across as a thinly veiled attempt at winding people up. 

So, in short, can we not do that, please?

Because some fans come on here and say stuff like "Derby are signing Waghorn for 8 million, while we haven't spent a penny!!!!" 

A-we have signed players 

B-Derby haven't signed him either. So their imaginary signing of Waghorn is the same, as of now, of our imaginary signing of Armstrong. 

You always seem to come down on the fans who say that others are getting hysterical or over reacting. It's seems for a mod, you have a bit of a one sided crusade going on this. Are fans not entitled to say some are over reacting? I don't think anyone should get wound up by that. If they do, they need a fag and a pint as was suggested 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Butty said:

There's no over reaction it's genuine concern. Any fan of any football club who were needing 4 or 5 players in and the transfer window was closing in less than 2 weeks, as well as the season itself starting in less than 2 weeks would be concerned. I don't think any one has over reacted on here, the only thing I've seen which is an over reaction is the guy who's tweet I posted on here earlier. Let's not forget either, we aren't fans of just any football club. We are fans of a football club with absolutely useless owners who's track record in transfer windows speaks for itself. We are right to be skeptical. Doesn't mean we won't be delighted when we bring some new signings in. That's what we all want at the end of the day.

I agree tbh. Unfortunately, it's incredibly frustrating to see folk take a holier than thou stance because they 'trust in Mowbray' when I've said time and again it's not Mowbray people don't trust. 

It's our owners.

Because some fans come on here and say stuff like "Derby are signing Waghorn for 8 million, while we haven't spent a penny!!!!" 

A-we have signed players 

B-Derby haven't signed him either. So their imaginary signing of Waghorn is the same, as of now, of our imaginary signing of Armstrong. 

You always seem to come down on the fans who say that others are getting hysterical or over reacting. It's seems for a mod, you have a bit of a one sided crusade going on this. 

Quote that for me please.

• Moderation Lead

A-we have signed players 

You always seem to come down on the fans who say that others are getting hysterical or over reacting. It's seems for a mod, you have a bit of a one sided crusade going on this. Are fans not entitled to say some are over reacting? I don't think anyone should get wound up by that. If they do, they need a fag and a pint as was suggested 

Simply not true.

If any other fans did the same kind of scapegoating re 'happy clappers' for example, they'd receive the same treatment. Posts scapegoating groups of people really aren't helpful.

Just now, K-Hod said:

I agree tbh. Unfortunately, it's incredibly frustrating to see folk take a holier than thou stance because they 'trust in Mowbray' when I've said time and again it's not Mowbray people don't trust. 

It's our owners.

There is nothing to suggest that the delay lays with the owners. Mowbray has had full control over the last two transfers windows and have gone public saying he has a budget to buy players. He has also said that he is confident that he will get there.

So if there is a lack of trust it has to be on Mowbray.