BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

24 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

There you go 

Playing left, right or centre mid, not attacking midfield 

Why do people come on here making stuff up to prove their points? 

You will have to ask those people like jack who has made claims that has been prove wrong. 

23 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Some of the over reaction from the lack of transfers is incredible. We still have plenty of time before the window closes, the amount of people who just want a signing to have a signing is crazy. I am delighted to see my club not spend 8M on someone like Martyn Waghorn i mean seriously! Reality is whether we have rich owners or not means nothing. Venky's has stated over and over that they want us to be self-sufficient (Ironically this was the model we had prior to their purchase). However, the reality is we are in a position first season back in the championship, it has changed dramatically since we left it, and therefore anything other than survival in this league must be a priority. Mowbray has earned my trust, he has earned my patience, and I will give him until the end of the Transfer and Loan window before making my mind up. Lots is going behind the scene I am actually impressed with the professionalism from ROvers of not having leaks here and there. Take 5 minutes go and have a cigarette and pint to calm down...

I am very happy we aren't over paying for players. 8mil for Waghorn? what a joke
If people want us to over pay then fine but when we are stuck with them on 3 or 4 years and paying daft wages then they still complain about the situation

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, briansol said:

There is nothing to suggest that the delay lays with the owners. Mowbray has had full control over the last two transfers windows and have gone public saying he has a budget to buy players. He has also said that he is confident that he will get there.

So if there is a lack of trust it has to be on Mowbray.

If there is anything that has united the fan base in the last year, it's Tony Mowbray. I can't imagine any fans don't trust him. 

The owners, not so much. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Roverthechimp said:

For me i would be happy to be a championship club come August 2019 provided there is a sensible plan for recruitment with the vision being playoff contenders in 2-3 years with a reconnected fanbase and a hungry team that are on sensible (for football) wages. Any sales should be planned in advance by raising the overall standard of the squad/u23

Personally prefer the above to paying desperate money to mercenaries and bring back the Murphy, Best, Etuhu and the wanker rightback whose name i have forgotten just now....

I don't think anyone would disagree with that as a sensible plan, but I have serious doubts in the abilities of our owners to support such an undertaking even if that's broadly what Mowbray is aiming for. I'm sure they'll do something to screw it up in due course. 2-3 years without them doing something stupid and detrimental to the club seems like a long time. Here's to hoping though.

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I am very happy we aren't over paying for players. 8mil for Waghorn? what a joke

If people want us to over pay then fine but when we are stuck with them on 3 or 4 years and paying daft wages then they still complain about the situation

Don't think anyone has said they want us to spend £8 Million on 1 players but I think most people would have expected us to spend more on players this summer than last we did last summer, given that we are playing in a higher division.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Those saying we have replaced Payne with Rothwell and claiming he only played from the bench and started 3 games need to remember that he could not get in the Oxford team ahead of Payne when he was there. 

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

From the bench most of the time.

Why you say stuff that ain't true? 

14 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Don't think anyone has said they want us to spend £8 Million on 1 players but I think most people would have expected us to spend more on players this summer than last we did last summer, given that we are playing in a higher division.

Nail, hammer, head.

That sort of amount in total on maybe 3 quality additions who would walk straight into the first team plus a couple of top quality loans was what I expected.

Not two lads who will provide competition for places then waiting desperately to see if some crumbs will fall off the Premiership loan table at the last minute.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If there is anything that has united the fan base in the last year, it's Tony Mowbray. I can't imagine any fans don't trust him. 

The owners, not so much. 

But Mowbray has told the fans repeatedly that the budget he recieved was competitive and he was happy with it.

So taking Mowbray at his word means the lack of activity isn't down to the owners. 

50 minutes ago, briansol said:

Apperantly Ipswich's manager is also getting his patience tested regarding transfers:

“It all takes time and patience is a word which I have to keep using and it’s certainly testing my patience.” 

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/34034

Here is a comment from one of their own fans under the article. Not just our fans panicking then lol 

TractorBoyTommy added 15:13 - Jul 26
I wonder what nobody average league 1 player this clown will be after this time. League 1 here we come

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They were 3 loan players, you are making it out like we sold them or something. Antonnsson and Payne made 18 appearances each, Paynes definitely mostly from the bench and Antonnsson about 50/50 starting and from the bench. 

You said "we lost 3 big players from last season". That is an exaggeration. The 3 combined contributed about as much as Dack, Graham and Mulgrew did individually. They were our big players. 2 of whom we have tied to new contracts. 

Apart from his goals Antonnson contributed very little.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Correct ..for some now suddenly to start singing his praises and making out he was an integral part of the team  is beyond belief after the pasting he took on here in the second half of the season.The number of times this messageboard went into meltdown as the team was announced on here with Antonsson in it   was unreal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I know where you are coming from, and I'm not having a dig Tyrone but this made me chuckle. It's on a par with Monty Python's "what have the Roman's ever done for us" sketch. Goals win games.

As a side, I enjoyed the last month on this forum, generally talking World Cup. It's a bit depressing back in the real world reading endless speculation on which cast off or has been Mowbray is trying to bring in on a free.

I do think though that the current squad is better than the one that went down 2 seasons ago. That plus no Coyle has me optimistic about a better than average year.

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Correct ..for some now suddenly to start singing his praises and making out he was an integral part of the team  is beyond belief after the pasting he took on here in the second half of the season.The number of times this messageboard went into meltdown as the team was announced on here with Antonsson in it   was unreal. 

Poor player  but before Christmas he did ok and scored a few goals. After Christmas Armstrong took over and scored even more. 

So who's going to be scoring them now?

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought he had a really good spell around November and December time when he scored a number of goals, and was a real outlet for Raya, especially in away games, Raya would release the ball quickly (throwing, which worked well because his kicking is atrocious) and antonson would sprint away with the ball on the break, we scored a number of goals from that, at the time when we were scoring for fun i.e. 4 at Oxford and 4 at Blackpool.

Edited by AAK

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Poor player  but before Christmas he did ok and scored a few goals. After Christmas Armstrong took over and scored even more. 

So who's going to be scoring them now?

Thats the problem Matty but this is regarding Antonsson ..very very few rated him . Lets not suddenly make out he was ace !

• Like 1

Just now, RovingRover said:

Apart from gaining PFA Player of the Month award in November with a string of solid performances and goals which essentially guaranteed our promotion.

Well lets get him back then ..i didnt realise how much the team relied on him last season ..

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Anybody know how about him?

Screenshot_20180726-171057_Twitter.jpg

He isn't worth 750k that's one thing I know he was pretty poor last time I saw him play 

Also worth noting he's 27 and has never played at a high level 

Edited by AdamRochina
Added