BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

I think you have missed more than one. You obviously have no idea of the game.

"We're all individuals"

'Yes we are all individuals apart from Tyrone"

'WELL Fuck Off then"

And you missed the point totally!

5 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Antonsson was the scapegoat from day one, somebody had to be. Who will it be next season?

Never understood this scapegoat melarkey... It's usually because someone is very obviously chit... Like Jason Lowe. Antonsson was very poor. 

• Like 2

Just now, Neal said:

Never understood this scapegoat melarkey... It's usually because someone is very obviously chit... Like Jason Lowe. Antonsson was very poor. 

Nope, just saying every team has one.

He was poor but very poor is a bit harsh. 

Edited by Tormund

Just seen this on skysports:

Cardiff City have received enquiries for Lee Tomlin, Anthony Pilkington and Omar Bogle, but Neil Warnock has revealed the players may not leave until the last day of the window.

Thoughts on potentially taking any of these 3? Unless I'm mistaken, Pilkington used to play at Rovers as a kid as well?

Edited by jones_rover
Typo

Just now, Tormund said:

Nope, just saying every team has one.

He was poor but very poor is a bit harsh. 

I want every player who pulls on that blue and white shirt do well. That is a given. That's why we support the club.  That doesn't mean to say that I'm prepared to disbelieve what my eyes are telling me. The lad wasn't good enough last season and he certainly won't be good enough for us this season.

You think differently, you weren't watching the same player as me. He was ineffectual lots of the time because he lacked real pace and physical strength. This isn't just my view, lots of fans who saw him in the flesh week in week out would agree with me. It didn't take Leeds long to work him out either.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I want every player who pulls on that blue and white shirt do well. That is a given. That's why we support the club.  That doesn't mean to say that I'm prepared to disbelieve what my eyes are telling me. The lad wasn't good enough last season and he certainly won't be good enough for us this season.

You think differently, you weren't watching the same player as me. He was ineffectual lots of the time because he lacked real pace and physical strength. This isn't just my view, lots of fans who saw him in the flesh week in week out would agree with me. It didn't take Leeds long to work him out either.

I agree, he wasn’t good enough overall. He didn’t impose himself enough which was a shame. 

Very poor would be 31apps and 0 goals. He did manage 7 goals and 3 assists from the wing. Not amazing but stats wise not very poor. 

Just now, Tormund said:

I agree, he wasn’t good enough overall. He didn’t impose himself enough which was a shame. 

Very poor would be 31apps and 0 goals. He did manage 7 goals and 3 assists from the wing. Not amazing but stats wise not very poor. 

He contributed, the goals and assists show that but he wasn’t a particularly good player and playing at a higher level this season he would have struggled. 

Just now, davulsukur said:

He contributed, the goals and assists show that but he wasn’t a particularly good player and playing at a higher level this season he would have struggled. 

That’s what I said, never said he was a good player. His stats show that he did contribute.

32 minutes ago, Tormund said:

That’s what I said, never said he was a good player. His stats show that he did contribute.

The thing is Tormund stats don't tell the whole story. Sometimes you have to see the player close up. What I did like about him was that he had a good attitude, he was a trier and he'd run around to the best of his ability. He was good in the six yard box, he had a cool head in front of goal and two good feet. What let him down was a lack of real speed and strength. He was only average pace wise and was easily brushed off the ball , he rarely won the ball in a one on one challenge although he always tried to get involved.

As you say - he did his level best but he didn't impose himself enough.

I wish the lad well and hope he stars for Malmo. He may thrive in a more technical and less frenetic league.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

45 minutes ago, ossyian said:

I think you have missed more than one. You obviously have no idea of the game.

"We're all individuals"

'Yes we are all individuals apart from Tyrone"

'WELL Fuck Off then"

And you missed the point totally!

I was playing and watching when your dad was swimming around in his dad's left testicle. I think that entitles me to have an opinion on players. It's my opinion, that's all. If you don't like it put me on ignore.

54 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Antonsson was the scapegoat from day one, somebody had to be. Who will it be next season?

Well he had plenty of competition last season. Candidates were - Caddis, Williams, Whittingham, Evans, Samuel, Nuttal, Nyambe, Raya, Gladwin ( if he'd have played more ) . Certain posters on this site had a real downer on all those players at some point last season.

The thing that I’m most disappointed in is the calibre of players that we have been linked with L1 and L2 players. Maybe decent but very much gambles and certainly no better than our first team.

Mowbray must really believe that our current XI is capable of avoiding relegation this season and simply wants to bring in players to push them for a starting place.

Personally I’d be looking at one or two loanees from Championship or even PL sides and for the existing players to raise their game to get into the team.

We need another Danny Graham when he first came in on loan. Hopefully the lack of links is just our new strategy of keeping leaks at an absolute minimum. Hopefully our playing style will appeal to teams who want to give experience to their better prospects.

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I agree tbh. Unfortunately, it's incredibly frustrating to see folk take a holier than thou stance because they 'trust in Mowbray' when I've said time and again it's not Mowbray people don't trust. 

It's our owners.

I agree with you 100% it wasn't meant to sound like a holier than thou stance, more of an encouragement. The last 8+ years under Venky's has been horrible. We have experiences very little high moment. Currently the mood is positive and i would love that to contiunue. However, I am desperate to avoid a situation where fans turn on each other again, and start resenting Rovers when there is still time :)

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Chelsea’s young midfielder Kasey Palmer is joining Blackburn Rovers on a short-term loan deal until Christmas, Sky Sports News has learned. 

Follow: https://t.co/R96Ncm1e5E https://t.co/na7idgp9Tj

Would be a good signing but I'm not a fan of short term loan because if he is any good a team higher up the league will take him in the new year just like we did with Payne last season.

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Rovers have agreed a deal with Chelsea to sign midfielder Kasey Palmer for 6 months

Interesting. Just seen a Sky Sports tweet.

Previously linked with Derby and Norwich.

A6D47485-37D5-47E3-B4FF-D3766CDC9E0D.jpeg