BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

15 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'm not an idiot or a sheep. I don't believe very word that comes out of his mouth. I haven't lost my critical faculties.

If his budget is adequate where are the targets he identified before last season's end? He's having to wing it with loans isn't he?

I've said all this and more and I'm sick of repeating it so stay sycophantic and put me on ignore.

That was my whole point. Mowbray claims he has a budget he can work with so surely the responsibility lies with him. No doubt there has been some misjudgements somewhere regarding getting players in, I'm also worried about permanent signings turning into loans at this stage.

You're not the only one sick of repeating yourself, but I'm not going to put you on ignore. No point being on a message board if I want an echo chamber, so stay active :) 

Just now, islander200 said:

City back on Sunday so maybe  Palmer and the guy we are chasing from City will be announced together. 

I'm hoping for permanent signings but everything Mowbray has said lately suggests it will be loans.

Be nice if we could get a marquee signing in a bit of cash spent on a striker 

Palmer and the guy from City along wit Bauer, Chapman and Armstrong(or another marquee striker) would leave us looking pretty good going into the season

Just now, Biz said:

@JHRover just an excuse ...

If following the rules put in place they should rightly have been fined 40 million. 

Not a lot of transfers get done in January anyway,they broke the rules their embargo should be immediate 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Palmer and the guy from City along wit Bauer, Chapman and Armstrong(or another marquee striker) would leave us looking pretty good going into the season

We have been told only 3 or 4 more in.I doubt we will sign Chapman now but hopefully down the line when his contract runs out we will be favourites to get him.

Just now, islander200 said:

If following the rules put in place they should rightly have been fined 40 million. 

Not a lot of transfers get done in January anyway,they broke to rules their embargo should be immediate 

I agree it could’ve been harsher, but it goes to show what breaking the rules could lead too. I’ve been told by JHR and others for 5 years that it’s simply an excuse for the owners not to put us in more debt to them.

• Like 1

Just now, Biz said:

I agree it could’ve been harsher, but it goes to show what breaking the rules could lead too. I’ve been told by JHR and others for 5 years that it’s simply an excuse for the owners not to put us in more debt to them.

The only reason QPR have ended up like this is because they spent outrageously in the Premier League, got relegated with a massive squad on huge money, kept a lot of that squad with Redknapp as manager, unfairly won promotion whilst blatantly breaking the rules, then failed to survive and came straight back down again.

Their punishment for doing all of that, including 2 seasons of Premier League cash and a promotion, Is £17 million. They've probably had 10x that in revenues, tv money etc. since they did it. Small price to pay and considerably less than it should be.

The other cheats - Leicester, Bournemouth etc. have had to pay nominal amounts of £3 million(ish) whilst surviving in the Premier League.

Just now, JHRover said:

The only reason QPR have ended up like this is because they spent outrageously in the Premier League, got relegated with a massive squad on huge money, kept a lot of that squad with Redknapp as manager, unfairly won promotion whilst blatantly breaking the rules, then failed to survive and came straight back down again.

Their punishment for doing all of that, including 2 seasons of Premier League cash and a promotion, Is £17 million. They've probably had 10x that in revenues, tv money etc. since they did it. Small price to pay and considerably less than it should be.

The other cheats - Leicester, Bournemouth etc. have had to pay nominal amounts of £3 million(ish) whilst surviving in the Premier League.

Pretty much what we did, only we had a moron in charge and didn't get promoted from the Championship. We just got a transfer ban then afterwards. 

The way clubs can get away with it by staying in the Premiership does make a mockery of the entire thing though. It is actually outrageous 

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Either way, you don’t get the 20 million fine (3m in legal fees on top of 17m) for spending within your turnover. 

You also would only be fined on relegation, so other teams might be up for something similar. At that point, the money is more important because of decrease in turnover. You’re moving goalposts because you know as well as I do, FFP (or FUP) is not a “choice”, especially for below average turnover clubs.

Painting this as unimportant or a pointless sanction... Let’s see how much this impacts QPR’s season.

edit - looking at a few other links - it’s actually 41m in total.

Id say QPR are down!

Edited by Biz
  • Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why are people sharing this as proof he is signing? Is it not just a random fan wishing him luck or am I missing something? 

Palmer himself "liked" the tweet wishing him luck at Rovers. Surely he wouldn't do that if he wasn't coming here

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

What does the Capitalise of £21.965m outstanding loans mean? Just paying it?

Does it not just mean they are converting outstanding loans to share capitol therefore in effect writing it off ?

I seem to remember Vs doing that with about 3 million when we exited embargo.

14 minutes ago, Biz said:

Either way, you don’t get the 20 million fine (3m in legal fees on top of 17m) for spending within your turnover. 

You also would only be fined on relegation, so other teams might be up for something similar. At that point, the money is more important because of decrease in turnover. You’re moving goalposts because you know as well as I do, FFP (or FUP) is not a “choice”, especially for below average turnover clubs.

Painting this as unimportant or a pointless sanction... Let’s see how much this impacts QPR’s season.

edit - looking at a few other links - it’s actually 41m in total.

Id say QPR are down!

It's not 41 million in total. That's a cop out from the League included to try and hoodwink readers into thinking it is a fine of 41 million. Its a fine of 17 million, spread over a number of years to make payments manageable and not cause hardship to the club. The other 21 million is 'loaned' money that their owners have agreed to turn into capital/write off.

Like Venky's having to 'pay' 20 million by turning 1/6 of their 'debt' into capital. Makes little/no material difference to anyone as that money is gone for them anyway.

I'm not painting it as a pointless sanction, just that once again the League have stepped back and handed out a weaker and diluted down punishment rather than throwing the book at them.

When I get time I'll go back through my posts from a couple of years ago and I predicted this - a much reduced fine spread over many years with minimal impact.

If QPR struggle this year it will be more to do with their poor recruitment and mediocre manager than a January embargo or recent fine.

• Like 3

Just now, JHRover said:

It's not 41 million in total. That's a cop out from the League included to try and hoodwink readers into thinking it is a fine of 41 million. Its a fine of 17 million, spread over a number of years to make payments manageable and not cause hardship to the club. The other 21 million is 'loaned' money that their owners have agreed to turn into capital/write off.

Like Venky's having to 'pay' 20 million by turning 1/6 of their 'debt' into capital. Makes little/no material difference to anyone as that money is gone for them anyway.

I'm not painting it as a pointless sanction, just that once again the League have stepped back and handed out a weaker and diluted down punishment rather than throwing the book at them.

When I get time I'll go back through my posts from a couple of years ago and I predicted this - a much reduced fine spread over many years with minimal impact.

If QPR struggle this year it will be more to do with their poor recruitment and mediocre manager than a January embargo or recent fine.

Don't bother, please 

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

3m in legal fees paid by QPR on top of the 17m + a 20+ million fine for their owners (money they could’ve potentially recouped from new owners)... They’re screwed.

You don’t need to look back, try looking forwards! 

I think if the League did start throwing the book at these clubs and some of these flaky foreign owners they themselves would be seen as putting those clubs out of business or causing them to fall out of their leagues.

We know they always have to be seen as blameless so no wonder they are watering down punishments and making it up as they go along. They are making money in fines out of it all anyway !

FFP a total farce in more ways than one.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Biz said:

3m in legal fees paid by QPR on top of the 17m + a 20+ million fine for their owners (money they could’ve potentially recouped from new owners)... They’re screwed.

Fine is payable over 10 years apparently, so equivalent to less than half of their  solidarity payment per year from the PL via the FL, which will no doubt be deducted at source. Granted its a couple of million of expected income they will have to find each season, but would hardly say they are screwed because of it

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-ffp-questions-answered

Edited by perthblue02

20 minutes ago, Biz said:

3m in legal fees has been brought on themselves by challenging it and dragging it out over a number of years. They were trying to argue any fine was illegal. No doubt if they had tried to reach a settlement earlier with the league they would have been able to do so without all those legal costs. They will have known that those costs were coming and will have known for a long time now that a fine of some level was coming.

They're probably celebrating that what could have been a £40 million+ fine which may have had to have been paid immediately has suddenly been reduced to £17 million spread over a decade. Not a bad outcome for the rule breakers!

They might struggle, they might not, but in exchange for their Premier League promotion and tv money bonanza they're having to pay £1.7 million a year for 10 years.

This £21 million equity figure is a load of nonsense. Infact I seem to remember their owners had been converting debt into equity a while ago in a ploy to avoid sanctions. That money has already been 'invested' as has Venkys 'debt' the money is spent regardless of how it is labelled on a balance sheet.

• Backroom

Just goes to show we don't know until the 11th hour what deals Tony is after.

After the meltdown for the last week, he's seemingly justifying keeping quiet on deals.

I think the failure to sign wingers thus far points to 3 at the back, 2 wing backs, 3 in midfield, with Dack in the hole behind a lone striker.

If Samuel adjusts his style to play like he did vs Everton, he could turn out superbly.

• Like 1