BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Which would make it an absolutely terrible window for me. It seems to me we're now scratching around desperately trying to bring in one or two youngsters in on loan simply to bring bodies in because we've been priced out of all our original targets. Regardless of whether said players are duplicating positions in which we are already reasonably well stocked.

Have to agree with Neil's comment on the other thread that We're currently going into a season with one 33 year old up front which is a massive gamble on him maintaining his form and fitness. Also as I mentioned in the other thread I can't for the life of me see the sense in prioritising committing funds on a back up CH after loaning Wharton out.

Transfer window not closed 

The guys on loan are highly rated. What's the problem? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Transfer window not closed 

The guys on loan are highly rated. What's the problem? 

Difference between being highly rated in someone's academy and being able to hit the ground running in the Championship. We should know that given recent experience. I'm not writing anyone off but being a prospect used to playing reserve team football to playing every week under Championship expectation is a big jump.

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Difference between being highly rated in someone's academy and being able to hit the ground running in the Championship. We should know that given recent experience. I'm not writing anyone off but being a prospect used to playing reserve team football to playing every week under Championship expectation is a big jump.

Unfortunately we don't have £25 million to spend on 2 proven championship wingers. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No so they will be gambling too. Looks like we have made two great loan signings ahead of that 75%

They're mostly busy bringing in permanent signings and will sort loans out later. It appears we've occupied ourselves with loans from the start and to my knowledge still haven't signed any.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

They're mostly busy bringing in permanent signings and will sort loans out later. It appears we've occupied ourselves with loans from the start and to my knowledge still haven't signed any.

Does spending time reading other clubs forums not take up a lot of your time? 

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Unfortunately we don't have £25 million to spend on 2 proven championship wingers. 

Is that response really needed? Trying to twist his argument to make him seem unrealistic and unreasonable. There are plenty of examples of wingers at this level that are either available (Maddison an example) or have been signed elsewhere (Adelakun, Edwards etc) that cost nowhere near that amount.

@JHRover @RevidgeBlue would you both be happy with a couple of loans if they were to supplement a couple of permanent signings? 

If we only signed loans, I also would be disappointed. But its not a zero tolerance on loans, there have been some very good loan signings, Tammy Abraham and Mitrovic 2 of the best examples. But its all about not being over reliant on them. Last time we were at this level, we had Gallagher, Emnes, Joao, Hendrie, Byrne and Hoban, and were over reliant on them.

Sign a couple, players like Palmer who we couldnt afford to buy, a long with an Armstrong or similar permanently, and youve got a balance.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is that response really needed? Trying to twist his argument to make him seem unrealistic and unreasonable. There are plenty of examples of wingers at this level that are either available (Maddison an example) or have been signed elsewhere (Adelakun, Edwards etc) that cost nowhere near that amount.

@JHRover @RevidgeBlue would you both be happy with a couple of loans if they were to supplement a couple of permanent signings? 

If we only signed loans, I also would be disappointed. But its not a zero tolerance on loans, there have been some very good loan signings, Tammy Abraham and Mitrovic 2 of the best examples. But its all about not being over reliant on them. Last time we were at this level, we had Gallagher, Emnes, Joao, Hendrie, Byrne and Hoban, and were over reliant on them.

Sign a couple, players like Palmer who we couldnt afford to buy, a long with an Armstrong or similar permanently, and youve got a balance.

He said players to hit the ground running in the Championship, I would take that as payers who are proven at that level, the players you mention don't have championship experience and would be gamble, just like the lads we are signing on loan. My point stands. Tom Ince 12 million case and point. 

It seems some of ye can't even acknoedgee we are signing quality on loan or enjoy that fact, because you are so fixated on permanent transfers. The window doesn't close until late next week 

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He said players to hit the ground running in the Championship, I would take that as payers who are proven at that level, the players you mention don't have championship experience and would be gamble, just like the lads we are signing on loan. My point stands. Tom Ince 12 million case and point. 

It seems some of ye can't even acknoedgee we are signing quality on loan or enjoy that fact, because you are so fixated on permanent transfers. The window doesn't close until late next week 

Having watched the likes of Mckenzie, Archibald,  Shearer, Bellamy, Sutton, Tugay, Ripley, Moran, Cole, Jansen, Santa Cruz, Benni Mac etc over my life time...

...I'm not sure a couple of lads from City constitute signing quality!

But hey ho.  Just highlights where we are!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You are refusing to accept what most people are saying! I have said numerous times as have others, that signing loans of quality of supplement the squad is very good and a wise way of adding to the squad.

Even looking at the 2 loans, Palmer has played at this level and been a big success. No one has doubted him quality wise. Nmecha hasnt played senior football, only youth football. All transfers are gambles. A player with only youth team experience is a big one as weve no idea how he will fare.

The main point which I will repeat, is not that we shouldnt sell loans, its that we shouldnt ONLY sign loans and become overly reliant on them. Even Mowbray has said that before.

You (not only you, apologies for picking you out) seem to be desperate to peddle this myth that those who are making any sort of constructive point or in any way questioning potential transfer structures are just lying in a pit of their own misery.

I am looking forward to seeing Palmer sign on loan as hes an exciting player, just as I enjoyed watching Armstrong and Chapman last season. But no, I cant "even acknowledge we are signing quality on loan or enjoy that fact"...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Hurts you to say anything positive doesn’t it.

Nope as I do feel Palmer might be a decent signing..  But i was excited about this summer and up coming season..  Seems we have no money yet again and taking kids off the big boys.. Pains me to see it.. I wish we showed some ambition.  Sign Madison. Chapman and Armstrong.. Then look at loans to bulk out the squad.. With a cb and a young striker ect 

• Like 1

Why are people only expecting loan signings? Very bizarre..

I see another loan signing after Palmer and 2 permanent signings. 

Mowbray is working on days and there is no leaks until the deal is close or done. Just like the Rothwell or Palmer deals.

Expect a busy window this week. 

But I really hope we arent paying daft fees or wages for average players 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why are people only expecting loan signings? Very bizarre..

I see another loan signing after Palmer and 2 permanent signings. 

Mowbray is working on days and there is no leaks until the deal is close or done. Just like the Rothwell or Palmer deals.

Expect a busy window this week. 

But I really hope we arent paying daft fees or wages for average players 

Chaddy, thats the thing, they arent!

We dont know what is going to happen in terms of signings as you said.

People are saying that if we only sign loans theyll be annoyed, if theres a mix then theyll be happy. Loans are good as long as the club isnt overly reliant on them.

People saying this are then having their words taken out of context by people seemingly insistent on making people appear to be unrealistic, negative and pessimistic. No idea why.

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Chaddy, thats the thing, they arent!

We dont know what is going to happen in terms of signings as you said.

People are saying that if we only sign loans theyll be annoyed, if theres a mix then theyll be happy. Loans are good as long as the club isnt overly reliant on them.

People saying this are then having their words taken out of context by people seemingly insistent on making people appear to be unrealistic, negative and pessimistic. No idea why.

The talk has always been 4 perm and 2 loan signings. 

2 good loans signings will improve this season. I would prefer Gallagher over the Man City. Plus Palmer. 

2 permanent signings hopefully being Armstrong and centre back or another winger depending on what Mowbray. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The talk has always been 4 perm and 2 loan signings. 

2 good loans signings will improve this season. I would prefer Gallagher over the Man City. Plus Palmer. 

2 permanent signings hopefully being Armstrong and centre back or another winger depending on what Mowbray. 

Which, obviously dependant on the quality of player, would be happily accepted by the majority. 

The point was, if it was just loan signings from here on in, people wouldnt be happy. Like you said, im sure it wont be.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Which, obviously dependant on the quality of player, would be happily accepted by the majority. 

The point was, if it was just loan signings from here on in, people wouldnt be happy. Like you said, im sure it wont be.

I dont see why anyone is even thinking its only loans from here on in. Bizarre.