BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

He never used to. The Chaddy of old was pretty friendly, his optimistic outlook on all things Rovers almost matched by his optimistic outlook towards other fans. In fairness, I think he was twisted and embittered by the perpetual abuse he seemed to attract for being the epitome of the positivity spectrum. Being constantly under attack seems to have developed defence mechanisms in him, and to survive psychologically he has subsequently adopted the default attitude of a brfcs poster - condescension, unwarranted sarcasm, hubris, and a propensity for indulging in catfights.

To be fair, some of the stuff people used to hurl at him, I'd have been snapping at them a lot sooner and a lot harder. A lot of people used to genuinely feel sorry for him and asked others to lay off him. So, it is understandable to an extent. Sadly, this survivalist adaptation period has cultivated a persistent paranoia that everything of an opposing view may be a personal slight.

I miss the old Chaddy.

The biography - The Evolution Of Chaddy, penned by myself - is available in all substandard bookstores now.

Very true 100% 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Chaddy. No one is saying that they dont trust Mowbray, so please stop suggesting that. 

So if you trust Mowbray then let see who we get 1st

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Chaddy, nobody is saying they don't trust Mowbray.

The market is what it is,the price of players has gone up we can complain about it all we want and to an extent I agree we shouldn't be going crazy but after the good season we had last year and a bit of a feel good factor returning to Ewood and the rise in season ticket prices then I expected the owners to back Mowbray a little better. 

To date we have spent about 800k on 2 young players which is nothing really.Like I said I wasn't expecting millions to be spent but I thought he might have been given the funds and the go ahead to bring in 3 or 4 around the 2 or 2.5 million mark.

The owners always release statements telling us they are committed to getting the club back to the premier league if that's true then they need to be loosening the purse strings

I think Mowbray make 2 more cash buys at least. 

So if you trust Mowbray then dont see the problem..

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

I don't think you mean it sometimes but you don't half come across as aggressive or antagonistic Chaddy.

I aint an aggresive person at all. Ive seem Tom, JB and Biz outside this messageboard and all will say I'm a quiet person..

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very true 100% 

I aint an aggresive person at all. Ive seem Tom, JB and Biz outside this messageboard and all will say I'm a quiet person..

Continuously missing the point. I dont trust Venkys who are the ones in charge of giving Mowbray money.

And I never said that he wont get any money anyway.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very true 100% 

The problem is to date we have brought in 2 perm signings, Davenport and Rothwell for a combined 750-800k factoring in we recieved 425k from the Mahoney tribunal thus far we have spent a paltry 325-375k.

I want to see a little ambition,happy with the Palmer signing and would be ok with the Nmencha signing but only if the two perms brought in(if they happen)are good enough to improve our first 11.

Rich Sharpe has been tweeting tonight that one of the perm  signings will be a centre half,whoever comes in in that position will be a back up player.

I will be dissapointed if we only bring 1 attacking player in on a permanent deal.Would you not be dissapointed with that?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not over paying in this window for average players is a must. 

It's not my money being spent so It's easy for me to say but as a fan my only concern is that we get the best quality players we can in in the positions in which we need them. I couldn't really care less if we have to pay a slight premium for the privilege, if We're bringing in the right sort of player to begin with they should appreciate in value anyway.

• Like 2

Trust Mowbray?  I  keep seeing this but what does it mean?

I  trust  TM  to be as honest as he can, to do his best,  I trust that he is a good bloke and  I expect he's great to have a chat with if you can get a word in.  

Does that mean he won't make mistakes?  No.

I know for a fact his judgment isn't perfect.   Trusting him doesn't mean we won't get shafted by the selling club,  it doesn't mean we won't get gazumped by another bidder or that any number of other things that could mean we miss out on who we want. 

To keep saying trust Mowbray is a bit daft.

I  believe there is money to spend and  TM   and Waggott want to spend it but it doesn't mean they are or aren't going to get the right players.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's not my money being spent so It's easy for me to say but as a fan my only concern is that we get the best quality players we can in in the positions in which we need them. I couldn't really care less if we have to pay a slight premium for the privilege, if We're bringing in the right sort of player to begin with they should appreciate in value anyway.

Exactly this,people bang on about they don't want to see us making the same mistakes bringing in the likes of Best,Etuhu etc for big money and on big contracts and then in the same breath say they trust Mowbray.

If they trust Mowbray then surely they would like to see him have some money to work with.

I'm not saying we should be spending 5 or 10 million on players but spending 400k here and there on players will get us nowhere.

If the club doesn't show any ambition then our better players like Dack will be agitating for a move away

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The problem is to date we have brought in 2 perm signings, Davenport and Rothwell for a combined 750-800k factoring in we recieved 425k from the Mahoney tribunal thus far we have spent a paltry 325-375k.

I want to see a little ambition,happy with the Palmer signing and would be ok with the Nmencha signing but only if the two perms brought in(if they happen)are good enough to improve our first 11.

Rich Sharpe has been tweeting tonight that one of the perm  signings will be a centre half,whoever comes in in that position will be a back up player.

I will be dissapointed if we only bring 1 attacking player in on a permanent deal.Would you not be dissapointed with that?

Theres a hypothetical aspect to your post (weighing up what youd be happy with, and what you wouldnt) that I share very similar standards to and that I have similar thoughts to. If what you would want to appease you didnt materialise, then the likelihood would be down to a lack of money given to Mowbray, therefore the brunt of the blame would be at the owners door.

Saying "trust Mowbray" not only isnt a valid counter-argument to such a post, but its irrelevant and tiresome.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Continuously missing the point. I dont trust Venkys who are the ones in charge of giving Mowbray money.

And I never said that he wont get any money anyway.

Havent Venkys given Mowbray and Waggott the budget so as far as Im concerned they arent involve as much as before. 

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I wouldnt really want Nmecha tbh. Rather we went for Sam Gallagher or Adam Armstrong(rather have him permanent personal) on loan. 

For the centre back position I would target Liam Lindsay from Barnsley rather than Bauer from Charlton. 

No I wouldnt disappointed at all if the permanent signing is quality like Oliveria from Norwich. A player who scores goals on this level. 

I'm quite relax about everything. Yes we need 3 attacking signings and 1 defensive signing. 

Havent Venkys given Mowbray and Waggott the budget so as far as Im concerned they arent involve as much as before. 

I wouldnt really want Nmecha tbh. Rather we went for Sam Gallagher or Adam Armstrong(rather have him permanent personal) on loan. 

For the centre back position I would target Liam Lindsay from Barnsley rather than Bauer from Charlton. 

No I wouldnt disappointed at all if the permanent signing is quality like Oliveria from Norwich. A player who scores goals on this level. 

I'm quite relax about everything. Yes we need 3 attacking signings and 1 defensive signing. 

Have we been linked with Oliveria?He would be a good signing 

Doesnt make any sense. The actual size of the budget, ie the amount Mowbray has to spend, is the owners decision. Their involvement thereafter is irrelevant, what is important is how much they have given Mowbray.

Agree that Oliveria would be a good signing, link or personal suggestion? Cant see him being affordable.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Doesnt make any sense. The actual size of the budget, ie the amount Mowbray has to spend, is the owners decision. Their involvement thereafter is irrelevant, what is important is how much they have given Mowbray.

Agree that Oliveria would be a good signing, link or personal suggestion? Cant see him being affordable.

But after Mowbray/Waggott been given the budget by the owners I dont see them being involve afterwards. Thats was my point. 

My suggestion..

Like last year it seems the money, whatever there is of it, is going to be invested into midfield/defence rather than attack. 

I suspect that's because we're unwilling/unable to pay the going rate for permanent signings up front and so the alternative is to rely on the loan market to try and fill the gaps (like we did last year with Antonsson and Armstrong). 

It might just be my odd way of looking at things but if we've money to spend on a back up CB to sit behind Mulgrew, Lenihan, possibly Williams and Downing, then that money should be diverted elsewhere. Clearly it isn't my job to tell Mowbray what to do but I would be perplexed if we spend what money we have on a CB and 2 midfielders when the gaping hole in the squad is and has been all summer up front and out wide.

We've known since January, or even before, that these positions needed addressing as our loans of Armstrong, Chapman and Payne were themselves only short term stopgaps. So to be going into our first league game at Ipswich with Bennett and Conway as our only two wide men and Graham as our only proven forward is awful. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But after Mowbray/Waggott been given the budget by the owners I dont see them being involve afterwards. Thats was my point. 

My suggestion..

More likely is that short term loan deals, provided they fit within the budget, can be done by Mowbray and Waggott without needing to involve those in India in the process, however when cash is needed for a lump payment to another club then the Indians have to OK the deal.

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Like last year it seems the money, whatever there is of it, is going to be invested into midfield/defence rather than attack. 

I suspect that's because we're unwilling/unable to pay the going rate for permanent signings up front and so the alternative is to rely on the loan market to try and fill the gaps (like we did last year with Antonsson and Armstrong). 

It might just be my odd way of looking at things but if we've money to spend on a back up CB to sit behind Mulgrew, Lenihan, possibly Williams and Downing, then that money should be diverted elsewhere. Clearly it isn't my job to tell Mowbray what to do but I would be perplexed if we spend what money we have on a CB and 2 midfielders when the gaping hole in the squad is and has been all summer up front and out wide.

We've known since January, or even before, that these positions needed addressing as our loans of Armstrong, Chapman and Payne were themselves only short term stopgaps. So to be going into our first league game at Ipswich with Bennett and Conway as our only two wide men and Graham as our only proven forward is awful. 

Agreed. If we are only able to pay fees for 2 players, you would think a squad centre back would be somewhere where we would just sign a loan or whatevers cheapest. Its all about allocation of resources.

Looks like Reading are signing Sam Baldock from Brighton. Proven in the Championship, 29 years old, knows how to score. 

I think this is the calibre of player that we should be looking at bringing in to start with, followed by a loan afterwards. 

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Looks like Reading are signing Sam Baldock from Brighton. Proven in the Championship, 29 years old, knows how to score. 

I think this is the calibre of player that we should be looking at bringing in to start with, followed by a loan afterwards. 

The mail are reporting that McKay from Forest is close to joining Swansea for 500 grand,he would have been a decent signing. 

Il be honest I bought into what Mowbray said about having a competitive budget now I'm thinking iv been a fool.

The thing that annoys me most is we actually have a decent set of fixtures to start the season off but we are not giving any of the potential incomings a chance to bed in.

I'm not buying when people bring up the crazy market as an excuse,Mowbray has been in the game a long time , enquiries would have been out before the trip to India we would have known the prices.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The mail are reporting that McKay from Forest is close to joining Swansea for 500 grand,he would have been a decent signing. 

Il be honest I bought into what Mowbray said about having a competitive budget now I'm thinking iv been a fool.

The thing that annoys me most is we actually have a decent set of fixtures to start the season off but we are not giving any of the potential incomings a chance to bed in.

I'm not buying when people bring up the crazy market as an excuse,Mowbray has been in the game a long time , enquiries would have been out before the trip to India we would have known the prices.

I did mention Barry McKay as potential signing. 500k is a bargain. Quality player. Deffo someone we should be signing. I hope we are in for him and can beat Swansea to sign him.

Then it would leave money for quality striker to come in permanent and back up centre back. Then another loan winger/striker. Rather we did it that way. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Whilst I understand those saying we need to take our time etc, the importance of a strong start is particularly prevalent this season, and something I totally agree with. Sadly some people see this valid point and miscontrue it as mindless negativity.

The first 6 fixtures are very favourable, albeit obviously not easy, we are on a high so its about maintaining momentum, and weve had bad starts in each of the last 2 seasons. 

That said, I hope that the team that played v Everton can get a good result and we can have a few new additions within the 18 on Saturday, Palmer included that are worth waiting for and we can win regardless. 

He's said all along about an A and b list etc and talked as if he is still hopeful of his A list..

But the players in so far - and linked -go against all the rhetoric about wide players, strikers and older players with champ experience. 

Trust Tony as genuinely wanting the best for the club - yes.

Trust Tony not to screw up this transfer window - jury well and truly out.

*If Chapman was available cheap, then passing that up is just bizzarre IMO. 

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 5

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Whilst I understand those saying we need to take our time etc, the importance of a strong start is particularly prevalent this season, and something I totally agree with. Sadly some people see this valid point and miscontrue it as mindless negativity.

The first 6 fixtures are very favourable, albeit obviously not easy, we are on a high so its about maintaining momentum, and weve had bad starts in each of the last 2 seasons. 

That said, I hope that the team that played v Everton can get a good result and we can have a few new additions within the 18 on Saturday, Palmer included that are worth waiting for and we can win regardless. 

I'm still clinging to the hope we have someone decent lined up that might cost a bit and for whatever reason it hasn't fallen into place yet but I'm telling you im gonna be majorly pissed off if deadline day comes around and we throw in a couple of pathetic bids for decent players that we know won't get accepted to just to show they are trying.

Competitive budget for what to at best finish 14th.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

He's said all along about an A and b list etc and talked as if he is still hopeful of his A list..

But the players in so far - and linked go against all the rhetoric about wide players, strikers and older players with champ experience. 

Trust Tony as genuinely wanting the best for the club - yes.

Trust Tony not to screw up this transfer window - jury well and truly out.

*If Chapman was available cheap, then passing that up is just bizzarre IMO. 

Cheap in today's market perhaps? Cheap considering our budget? Not so sure. 

He's a high risk signing if we don't have much cash, and was only used as an impact sub last season in L1. After that he suffered back to back hamstring injuries, one of them required surgery and lengthy rehab. He's only recently started playing again, and who knows if and when he will break down again? I like him as a player, and I felt Mowbray didn't utilise him enough early doors, but at this moment in time he wouldn't be top of my shopping list.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

He's a high risk signing if we don't have much cash, and was only used as an impact sub last season in L1. After that he suffered back to back hamstring injuries, one of them required surgery and lengthy rehab. He's only recently started playing again, and who knows if and when he will break down again? I like him as a player, and I felt Mowbray didn't utilise him enough early doors, but at this moment in time he wouldn't be top of my shopping list.

He'd be ahead of a centre back!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Why do we keep getting told we have a competitive budget then?

They are charging me to lie to my face. I thought the lieing to the fans had stopped.

I'm on one tonight and I do hope I'm wrong but come on how many things have changed in this window,first the manager said he wanted a goalkeeper to challenge Raya now there is no mention of goalkeeper ,We wanted our buisness done early, I didn't expect that to be Austria but we are less than a week away from kick off

If they weren't given much money if they said at the beginning then fans would be angry but would be more likely to rally round the team and manager

If a player like Chapman is available at that price and you have a competitive budget then you take a chance.If managed correctly and if he is only an impact sub he can still create a bit of magic that will win us a game.He is doing well pre season

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I did mention Barry McKay as potential signing. 500k is a bargain. Quality player. Deffo someone we should be signing. I hope we are in for him and can beat Swansea to sign him.

Then it would leave money for quality striker to come in permanent and back up centre back. Then another loan winger/striker. Rather we did it that way. 

That's my worry chadster that we don't have the money to do those deals.

Despite my ramblings I do hope that I'm wrong and that Mowbray has someone decent lined up 

• Like 1